Capwizards
    Capwizards's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capwizards FREE PLAY - SAT, July 19

Another nice win on my posted play here yesterday! Here is today's play:

TODAY'S FREE PLAY: 7/19/08 - TOR -113 vs TB
    If the books want to continue to give out good value on Halladay, I am certainly going to continue to take it. Halladay faces off against Garza in TB in this matchup tonight. Many will try to sell you on the "looks too good to be true" theory on this one, but they are simply not paying attention. Halladay has been on the receiving end of "value lines" almost all season, and has produced nicely (see last week's -114 vs Chamberlin for ex.). Halladay has been light's out lately, and is 3-0 with a 0.72 ERA in his last 3 starts. Halladay has owned TB and is 7-1 vs. the Rays. The Blue Jays are 6-1 in Halladay's last 7 road starts. Meabwhile, the Rays are 0-7 in their last 7 overall. Loving Halladay and the value here in a low scoring game tonight.

OTHER PLAYS TODAY
    BOS vs LAA *****
    WAS vs ATL *****
    CHW vs KC *****

woodg8
    woodg8's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're doing well of late, keep it up. I'm, however, not with you on this one, but good luck anyway.

Capwizards

lol....It is not my usual winning post until I see my first doubter, so Thank You! By the way.....The Rays are 1-7 in their last 8 - not 0-7 in their last 7....my bad! GL today!

woodg8

You could look at it as 1-7 in last 8, or 1-0 in last 1.

Capwizards

Quote Originally Posted by woodg8 View Post
    You could look at it as 1-7 in last 8, or 1-0 in last 1.
    True...I suppose if one was a short sighted TB fan with no wits about you - that could certainly be the focus.

Dashwood Clipper
    Dashwood Clipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

This kind of value on the best pitcher in the AL, I will ride Doc to the bank. Jays could have easily won last night.

Capwizards

Quote Originally Posted by Dashwood Clipper View Post
    This kind of value on the best pitcher in the AL, I will ride Doc to the bank. Jays could have easily won last night.
    Yes......Like my writeup said - some people will try to sell you on the "too good to be true" theory. However, the bottom line is that when you see good value on a top flight pitcher(assuming the matchups lineup) you take it. GL today all!

jtuck
    jtuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree, rays just aren't hitting right now, and the way Halladay is pitching he shouldn't have many problems. Its just a matter of whether the jays can get a few off Garza, and i think they will. BOL

woodg8

Quote Originally Posted by Capwizards View Post
    True...I suppose if one was a short sighted TB fan with no wits about you - that could certainly be the focus.
    Or it could quite easily show how stats can be manipulated to show anything in your favour

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll pour all my possessions on the Jays.

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    I'll pour all my possessions on the Jays.
    Don't you think that's a little drastic considering the even worse offense of the Jays. That is what kept me from taking them. The Jays cannot hit, especially on the road.

Capwizards

Quote Originally Posted by woodg8 View Post
    Or it could quite easily show how stats can be manipulated to show anything in your favour
    As a handicapper, I understand where you are coming from. However, Nobody who is worth their weight would be looking at a 1 game trend!.lol...Anyways, good luck to you today.

Capwizards

Quote Originally Posted by fifawcs View Post
    Don't you think that's a little drastic considering the even worse offense of the Jays. That is what kept me from taking them. The Jays cannot hit, especially on the road.
    I agree with you on the possesion part - I am sure he was just exagerating! As for the Jays hitting on the road...If Halladay does his thing they should only need a few.

Brady2Moss
    Brady2Moss's Avatar Become A Pro!

tor = shitty team