Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Angels Tonight Behind Skinny Garren

Two of the league’s top teams will meet in the weekend’s marquee series coming back from the break. Look for the Los Angeles Angels (-155) to take the opener against the Boston Red Sox on Friday night at 10 pm.

Did the Red Sox even get a break? It seemed like half of their roster was playing in the All-Star game on Tuesday night / Wednesday morning. Their poor closer, Jonathan Papelbon, had to protect his wife and himself from angry mobs of Yankees fans. The entire experience just seemed more stressful than anything. Except for J.D. Drew, who landed the game’s MVP award.

Boston (57-40) sports baseball’s third best record, and has regained their top spot in the AL East. Seeing the Sox leading the division, like Andy Dick’s recent arrest, is somewhat of an anomaly.

The Sox are a perennial powerhouse and are expected to be a top team. Andy Dick was arrested for drug possession. No big shocker there. However, it took an unexpected seven game slide by the Rays to put Boston in the position that they find themselves. Equally unexpected, is the fact that Dick was also arrested for groping a young girl. Who knew?? Andy Dick groping a girl. Unreal. I’m almost proud of him.

So we know you can never ever count the Sox out. But there is one reason that the Angels (57-38) will win the first game – Skinny Garren.

I had a boss a few years ago named Garren. Real nice fellow, but let’s just say that he doesn’t skip many meals. Then while watching an Angels game last year, I pointed to the television and asked Robyn, my lovely wife, who the pitcher looked like. She said “Oh my God it’s Skinny Garren!” And that is who John Lackey (6-2, 2.46 ERA) shall remain until he retires.

Ever since this amazing revelation, I have been paying more attention to Skinny Garren. Anytime I catch one of his games, he is lights out. Most recently I watched him a couple of weeks ago completely dismantle the Dodgers lineup (8.2 IP, 0 ER, 9 Ks). He has struggled a bit in his last two starts, but I wasn’t watching him then. I will be watching tomorrow.

If there is one glaring smudge on Skinny Garren’s resume, it would be the Gatorade commercial he did with Derek Jeter and Harvey Keitel. Do you remember it? Keitel actually calls Skinny Garren a “schmendrick”, whatever that is, and Jeter steals second base on him. How hard up are you for endorsements when another athlete is actually getting the better of you in your commercials? I don’t understand.

The Angels are a scrappy team tied for the best record, and they know how to manufacture runs better than anyone else. Their lineup should get the job done against Clay Buchholz (2-7, 5.70 ERA), and Skinny Garren will do the rest.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

lackey is horrendous against boston sitting at 1-11

old clay had a Shit game last outing and the year before same two pitchers boston spanked them

but good luck

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Yea that's not a very good record, but I'm sticking with my theory til Skinny Garren does me wrong.