C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Yankees are my official pick

In the AL I think the Tigers/Twins are better than people will give them credit for.
    In the NL I think the Cards/Brew Crew for a more outside shot

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

brewers vs white sox

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Nobody likes the yanks this year?

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

people will still like them when it comes to betting on their games, but there is value betting against them this year i think

their pitching staff just isn't that great right now

kellen2811
    kellen2811's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

I see alot of San Fran homers not providing much logic as to why they will repeat. I think they peaked at the rigth time last year and won. I really think if they play that Philly series 10 times philly wins 9. I see San Fran droping back some this year. They still are odds on to win their division. Just not sure how much I can beleive Cain carries a big load again this year. Rockies could be a real team to watch this year, invested alot of money in home grown talent and have a team that can out slug you. If they can just get it together for more then 60% of the season and not have a drop off like always

The phillies are the chick pick and rightfully so, but may struggle to get runs if Domonic Brown can't step up here. Its asking alot of a rookie but he will be in a veteran lineup.

I think you have to take a long look at the Cardinals and Brewers. Cardinals depth of pitching I believe gives them the upper edge and depending on the Pujols contract situation could really complicate their season. If no contract and you have to hear all year of Albert leaving I love the Brewers to take this division. Just to big of a distraction for St. Louis if he doesn't sign. I just don't see Cincy continuing their strong run again this year.

Wild card for NL I would not be surprised if the Braves were not their at the end to challenge along with the Brew Crew and Rockies. It will be really interesting if it ends up being the Cards and Giants battling for that last spot.

pdx107
    pdx107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1816

I say the Rays still have an outside chance despite playing in tough division, Phillies perhaps same with the Cards

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

As a Cubs fan, I'm picking the Brewers. They had the #2 offense in the NL last year witha terrible pitching staff. They upgraded that with Greinke and Marcum along with Gallardo. Randy Wolf should be alright and Narveson should regress back closer to a 4.25 - 4.5 ERA. Assuming Axford doesn't flop in his second year, they should fight for the division all year.

mlb

rays lose too much in the way of pitching i think and i think it will let them down again .. they do still have a ton of speed and talent defensively but thats about it .. their staff is a mess

Metalhead
    Metalhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

I like these teams to make the playoffs

Bos
    CSox
    Tex
    NYY - Wildcard

Phil
    StL
    LAD
    Mil - Wildcard

World Series
    White Sox vs Phillies - Phillies win

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yanks?

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

REPEAT

giants ws champions

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    REPEAT giants ws champions
    they are still really good but how often does lighting strike twice .. i dont think their bats are good enough to do it again no matter how good their staff is

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32775

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    REPEAT

giants ws champions
    Dunno.
    They have one of the top three staffs in the league, there is no denying that, however, expect Panda to fall off some, Huff should drop off to .265 20-70.
    Tejada is getting real old, Burrell strikes out too much, Ross and Torres doesn't do it for me.

But pitching wins, and SF has it, so who knows?

mlb

I don't think Pando can fall off anymore then he already has ...

i actually think he will improve this year and go back to 09 form

billyboy73
    billyboy73's Avatar Become A Pro!

Red sox look pretty filthy. Reynolds should hit 90 hrs.

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

ya if the red sox pitching holds up there o might be too much

shaq diesel 75
    shaq diesel 75's Avatar Become A Pro!

Red Sox gotta be the team to beat with Crawford and Gonzalez joining their lineup. Everybody questions their pitching but they still have Lester and Bucholz and gonna score a lot of runs to back up whoever else is gonna be in their rotation.

ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Quote Originally Posted by shaq diesel 75 View Post
    Red Sox gotta be the team to beat with Crawford and Gonzalez joining their lineup. Everybody questions their pitching but they still have Lester and Bucholz and gonna score a lot of runs to back up whoever else is gonna be in their rotation.
    I fully expect Bucholtz to continue to be really effective, the back end of the order has question marks though. Out of Dice-K, Beckett, Lackey... if two of those pitchers can throw around their career numbers.....I see the Red Sox winning 100 games and taking the east.

If we get a repeat year from Beckett, Lackey or Dice is going to have to step up. I don't think Josh will be quite as bad as he was last year. Seems to me the guy has been injured on and off for a few years now, and it effects his game. He lost a good amount weight this off season, last year he looked bad coming into camp

shaq diesel 75
    shaq diesel 75's Avatar Become A Pro!

I fully expect Lackey to be better after a year getting familar with Fenway, and you know Wakefield is gonna pitch decent for 5 to 6 weeks at some point. I'm sure they'll get some innings out of the rest of the rotation. I don't worry about the starting pitching as much as a fading Papelbon or unstable Jenks closing games.

azn624
    Update your status
    azn624's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I would have to go with the phillies

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

lackey win 13 games...he once won 17...he's not great pitcher..he's v good though

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lots of parody in baseball these days. I know Philly is loaded, but I plan on betting a few of the 10+/1 and higher dogs.

ready-set-tilt
    ready-set-tilt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got to think the phillies are the team to beat if they stay healthy

SouthBayGame
    SouthBayGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2895

Quote Originally Posted by kellen2811 View Post
    I see alot of San Fran homers not providing much logic as to why they will repeat. I think they peaked at the rigth time last year and won. I really think if they play that Philly series 10 times philly wins 9. I see San Fran droping back some this year. They still are odds on to win their division. Just not sure how much I can beleive Cain carries a big load again this year. Rockies could be a real team to watch this year, invested alot of money in home grown talent and have a team that can out slug you. If they can just get it together for more then 60% of the season and not have a drop off like always

The phillies are the chick pick and rightfully so, but may struggle to get runs if Domonic Brown can't step up here. Its asking alot of a rookie but he will be in a veteran lineup.

I think you have to take a long look at the Cardinals and Brewers. Cardinals depth of pitching I believe gives them the upper edge and depending on the Pujols contract situation could really complicate their season. If no contract and you have to hear all year of Albert leaving I love the Brewers to take this division. Just to big of a distraction for St. Louis if he doesn't sign. I just don't see Cincy continuing their strong run again this year.

Wild card for NL I would not be surprised if the Braves were not their at the end to challenge along with the Brew Crew and Rockies. It will be really interesting if it ends up being the Cards and Giants battling for that last spot.
    Phillies would def not win that series 9 out of 10 vs Giants. I think we'll see a rematch this year.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cain is a horse and wins 20 games this year

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post
    My early off season predictions look like this: AL East: Red Sox Yanks Rays O's Blue Jays
    How the **** do you put the Jays in the basement of the AL east?

southside sox
    southside sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVES1985 View Post
    if the whitesox can stay healthy (peavy,quentin) they could make some noise
    Agreed, Peavey throwing without discomfort and see how Adam Dunn hits in a hitters park. Could be interesting year.

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by OMGRandyJackson View Post
    How the **** do you put the Jays in the basement of the AL east?
    because noone knows

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

The AL East will be insane this year

jtorre28
    jtorre28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

Outside team has to be the rockies

Buried_PIRATE
    Shaved my chest.
    Buried_PIRATE's Avatar Become A Pro!

AL: Yanks / Twins / Rangers
    sleepers: A's + ChiSox

NL: Phillies / Brewers / Giants
    sleepers: Rockies + Reds

ready-set-tilt
    ready-set-tilt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Buried_PIRATE View Post
    AL: Yanks / Twins / Rangers sleepers: A's + ChiSox NL: Phillies / Brewers / Giants sleepers: Rockies + Reds
    So the Red Sox don't have any chance? Pshh, terrible picks...lawyered!

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by Buried_PIRATE View Post
    AL: Yanks / Twins / Rangers sleepers: A's + ChiSox NL: Phillies / Brewers / Giants sleepers: Rockies + Reds
    no Bo Sox .... they are loaded all over the diamond? I think you at least would have to put them as an outside shot?

darren125
    darren125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Phillies

Buried_PIRATE
    Shaved my chest.
    Buried_PIRATE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post
    no Bo Sox .... they are loaded all over the diamond? I think you at least would have to put them as an outside shot?
    Twas a mistake. The red sox are definitely up there, battling with the Yanks. With that said I don't think 1 of those 2 teams are a "lock" for the wildcard, but I wouldn't be surprised. Less has to go right for them.

Just my 2 cents, I like my other picks and it will be interesting to see how the season plays out

First 1234 Last