bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alfonso Soriano

with his latest tatics he's pulling right now. how will this disrupt the teams chemistry i wonder. Frank Robinson will not put up with this type of stuff at all, and might even trade him at some point.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I'd say he's acting like an 8-yr-old, but that would be disparaging to all 8-yr-olds. We had a kid in Little League last year refuse to move from short to the outfield in a game, threw a tantrum, coach told his parents to come get him and take him home, so they drug him outta' the park crying and we haven't seen him since.

I can't believe Frank Robinson didn't just kick Soriano's ass, you know he wanted to. MLB should DQ the prick with ears and not allow him back until 2007.

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems like Washington should have addressed this prior to signing him.
    I played Div I college baseball second base, and sucked in the outfield.
    The move is not that easy for some players.

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the Nationals should take a hard stance against him and DQ him. don't trade him(that's what he probably wants), don't give him 2nd base...dq him and kick his ass out of major league baseball until he changes his mind.

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fantasy value is in question now, risky pick.

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by maritime
    Fantasy value is in question now, risky pick.
    exactly what i'm thinking. he's in the Bonds boat now.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Change would do him good. He's already the worst second basemen out there (feilding)

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

figures since I drafted him on my fantasy baseball team. duh

Willie Bee

The interesting part is he'd be highly valued if he did move to LF and still qualified at second.

What a putz!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

The fool is going to get paid, or was going to get paid, 10 million dollars this season alone. This guy is not all there. Just move to left field and be all you can be.
    If not, I think McDonalds would love to have you. Or wait. They might want you on fries, and you wont work anywhere but the register.

Come on Alfonso, snap out of fantasy dream and stop screwing up others Baseball Fantasy Teams.

The Nationals are part at fault, I feel. Why would you pick this guy up for that price tag, and not even discuss the possibility of him playing left field. Maybe have him sign something that 2nd base wasnt guaranteed. I mean they had to know that he didnt want to play other positions with the Yankees and Rangers. :confused:

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

frank robinson is expect to put him in the lineup today. lets see if he takes the filed after being blasted by the media.

Illusion

If wants to get paid he better take the feild.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Looks like he will be playing Left field this year. Im sure the thought of no $10 million in his bank account made him think hard and deep on giving up 2nd base. Even though he said the money wasnt the factor in his decision.

Here is what was said:

After Wednesday's game, Soriano told reporters that the threat of being placed on the disqualified list and losing $10 million in salary wasn't a factor in his decision.

"It's not the money,'' Soriano said. "It's about me and the love that I have for the game, and the fans.''
    Watch his stubborn ass lead the league in errors just to prove a point. He will already lead the league in strikeouts, so he could top the league in both.

Illusion

Money wasn't the facor, that has to be the funniest quote of the year, lol.

Willie Bee

We need to keep some of these quotes in a vault for future reference. Sorryass's 'for the love of the game and the fans' ranks right up there with Joe Torre the other day saying he doesn't expect Damon to be treated bad by the fans first game back in Fenway (May 1st). I love Torre, always have dating back to his playing days. But he's going to be proven dead wrong about Damon's return to Boston. Sawks fans will give Damon more grief than maybe any former Beantown player before him.