Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Houston and the under

With the Los Angeles Dodgers struggling mightily to score any runs with a depleted lineup, look for the Astros (-130) to take them down AND the under (9) to cash.

Have you watched this Dodgers team lately? I hope not. It is painful. They have gone 4-6 in their last ten matchups. They have scored a measly eight runs in those six losses. Then of course, there was the infamous hitless game that they won. Some might call that game “opportunistic” or “fortunate”. I call it “karma coming around for that whole Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim nonsense”. Either way, the Dodgers won’t be winning the next time the get no-hit this year.

If I could find betting odds on the Dodgers getting no-hit again this season, I would be all over it.

The Dodgers haven’t had this much trouble scoring since Alyssa Milano dumped Brad Penny. Because you know he didn’t dump her!

Until they get back Andruw Jones, Rafael Furcal, and now the extremely valuable Juan Pierre, this lineup is downright anemic. When you are relying on guys like James Loney, Delwyn Young, Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier and Blake DeWitt to be your everyday producers, you know you are in trouble.

The city of Houston hasn’t seen such a collective group of bums invade their city like this since the Hurricane Katrina refugees.

Wandy Rodriguez gets the start for the Astros. He probably will not manhandle L.A. like John Lackey or Jered Weaver did this past weekend, but I still look for him to shut them down. Sporting an impressive 2.58 ERA and an androgynous first name, Wandy should be ready to rock.

Dodgers starter Clayton Kershaw (0-2 4.36 ERA) should have a little tougher going against a capable Houston team that is coming off a series win against the champion Boston Red Sox.

Lance Berkman is a one-man wrecking crew this season, ranking in the top three in NL batting average, home runs and RBI’s. He is a ballroom enthusiast and was an alternate for Clyde Drexler in the 2007 season of ‘Dancing With the Stars’. Hasn’t the state of Texas suffered enough with watching their sports figures pirouette around like girly-men? Emmitt Smith, Clyde Drexler, Mark Cuban. Think about your fans Lance. Your fans.

Darin Erstad, Miguel Tejada and Carlos Lee are all very good hitters for Houston also. At this point, the Astros’ ninth best hitter is probably more reliable than L.A.’s second best!

Look for this entire series to be low scoring, and for Houston to take at least three out of the four games. True to form, Houston beat them 4-1 on Monday.

Unless Joe Torre makes some calls and has Berkman whacked. Then all bets are off.

Robyn
    Robyn's Avatar Become A Pro!

How about Houston wins four out of the four?

Look for Torre to bust some heads with a baseball bat soon. That guy scares me.

Bread
    Living corpse

"This hat is a little tight seeeee....We're gonna have a problem you understaaaannnndddd???

willyback
    willyback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I like Houston (Wandy at home is money in the bank), but the 'under' is risky. Kershaw's decent on paper, but when you actually watch him pitch - it's "touch and go." His control is garbage. I could easily see him getting rocked on the mound for (5+ runs). Maybe the bullpen will stop the bleeding after Torre pulls him to preserve the 'under,' but I see this situation being TOO risky for 'action' on total (unless you're playing the over).

Good luck nonetheless.

Bread
    Living corpse

The Dodgers are so hard to watch. Houston should handle them pretty well.

johnnymapalo
    johnnymapalo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 928

Hmm, I'm thinking of playing the -1.5 runline on Houston. I never play to unders in a row in the same game.. the first game to me look like it could have been a rout of the Dodgers had a shitty bullpen.. the Kershaw dude could get rocked from early and shatter the under. I don't like the under too much in this one. I'll go for the point spread with houston..

Bread
    Living corpse

Sounds like a good bet to me.