Overall: 205-166-3, +64.27

3* Rays -133
    1* Cardinals +101
    1* White Sox -1.5 +135
    1* Red Sox/Rays Under 9 -115

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

I love the St. Louis play, I also love the Devil Rays under!!! Dont sleep on the Angels under 8 tommorrow

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Wow, definitely suprised to see a 3 unit play on the Rays, not saying it's not a good pick due to the 2-10 record on turf, past history against the Rays, Shields, etc... Just figured you would've either laid off the game, or went smaller. Makes me want to play it myself. Nothing like rooting against the Sox, and winning a bet when the Rays sweep the floor with them. hahaha. Good luck tomorrow bud!

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by ChuteBoxe View Post
    Wow, definitely suprised to see a 3 unit play on the Rays, not saying it's not a good pick due to the 2-10 record on turf, past history against the Rays, Shields, etc... Just figured you would've either laid off the game, or went smaller. Makes me want to play it myself. Nothing like rooting against the Sox, and winning a bet when the Rays sweep the floor with them. hahaha. Good luck tomorrow bud!
    Should be a fun series -- first place on the line, as well as some bad blood and potential retaliation from both sides following the brawl at Fenway a few weeks back.

I think the biggest edge TB has in this game is the fact they've already faced Masterson. He's performed well since being called up, but like many sidearm pitchers he relies mostly on deception, and his second time around the league should significantly diminish his advantage over hitters. Also, Francona, almost to a fault, babies young pitchers, evidenced by the fact Masterson's yet to pitch through the 7th in any of his 7 starts. That's not good considering the Sox are basically working with 1 capable reliever now that Okajima's turned into the left-handed LaTroy Hawkins.

Shields was roughed up in each of his last 2 starts against Boston (both at Fenway), but he's had 12 consecutive Quality Starts at the Trop dating back to last season, including a complete game, 2-hit shutout against the Sox in April. It's really a bigger series for the Rays, as I think the Sox are pretty confident they will be there come late September, while TB may need a cushion going into the last month or so of the season if they hope to win the division.

Go Rays!

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

TB is 7-1 in games Shields starts at home