LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Bullpen System Update (Just Stay Home)

Well, I have already chronicled what a bitter disappointment the Bullpen System has been this season, currently sitting at 95-115, -13.89 units YTD. However, as Buddy Bear correctly theorized, the main reason the system has failed is that home teams are kicking ass this season, and the nice big road underdog hits that fueled this system the last three years just have not been happening.

Well, you may be happy to know that I have broken down the plays this year down to home and away, and the results are amazing to say the least:

Code:
    Site	W	L	Units
    Home	37	22	15.13
    Away	58	93	-29.02
    ALL	95	115	-13.89
    Need I say more? Yes, playing home qualifying plays only has yielded far fewer plays, but when they do occur, they have been as solid as the last three years.

Conclusion: Instead of scrapping BPS completely, maybe play the home qualifiers only until road teams show signs of a pulse this year.

That said, take a long look at the Phillies, Dodgers and Braves tonight.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Have you broke it down for Home/Away for the last three years?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Looker,

No because a major reason the system did so well the last three years (+97 units average) was there was an abnormally high amount of road underdog winners, including quite a few at +200+.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Ok. Got ya.

Big difference this year. Maybe we will start seeing them road doggies start hitting at a higher rate soon. I need them to, because I am usually on road underdogs.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't even get me started on bullpens guys.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Don't even get me started on bullpens guys.
    Here are a few photos for your viewing pleasure sir.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-15-15 at 04:28 PM. Reason: image does not exist

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Those two photos actually cheer me up Crazyl, because I'm always delighted to see those two relievers in there when I wager against the Yankees.

Perl
    Perl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Those two photos actually cheer me up Crazyl, because I'm always delighted to see those two relievers in there when I wager against the Yankees.

nysmoneyman
    nysmoneyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

keep the system...just go the other way

Wheell
    Wheell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1022

Look, this year any road based system has been getting killed. Any home based system has been doing great. there are a lot of theories as to why. The loss of amphetamines due to drug testing is the current culprit of choice, but who knows, could be a fluke.