tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

team totals early games

Dodgers team total under 4.5 runs (-165)
    Despite a lousy record (3-9), Harang still has a decent era (4.10) but its even better in day games (2.98 era, 236 BA).
    Dodger offense is suspect.

Yankees team total under 5.5 runs (-130)
    The yankees have scored 8 runs or more in each of their last 4 games. I think the yankees struggle offensivley against Banks who has good numbers so far (2-0, 1.29 era, 1.04 whip).

Twins team total under 5 runs (-165)
    Shawn Hill has pitched better in day games thru out his career. In 3 day starts, HIll has a 3.79 era in 19 innings, 232 BA and 1.0 WHIP. I think its advantage to take the twins team total under since they have never faced HIll before.

Royals team total over 4 runs (-125)
    Thompson is a relief pitcher and not a quality starter. After pitching 6.2 innings in his first start (April 3), THompson has not started. Thompson has faced the royals before. Gordon is 4/5, Teahen is 3/7 and German 3/8. Thompson is a spot starter in this matchup. The cardinals were involved in 4 straight one run games and really had to use their bullpen. THe Royals have struggled at the plate in their series, winning 2-1 and 3-2. Look for the royals to break out offensively and score some runs.

A's team total over 4 runs (-130)
    Doug Davis has struggled in day starts this season going 0-2 with 8.59 era, 2.86 whip, 11 hits, 10 walks, 8 runs in only 7 innings. I also like the way the ball carries in day games in Arizona. Look for the A's to score some runs off Davis and the Arizona bullpen.

Astros team total over 4.5runs (-125)
    Brian Burres has really struggled in 6 home starts in 2008 going 3-2, with a 7.09 era, 1.79 whip, 331 BA, 9 homeruns. Look for the slumping astro hitters to break out and score some runs. Astros get an extra quality at bat for the DH.

Indians team total under 5 runs (-130)
    Its been tough for the indians to score runs especially without Hafner in the lineup. I think its tougher for AL teams to score runs when their pitcher has to hit for the interleague games and no DH.
    Last edited by tab; 06-19-08 at 03:01 AM. Reason: ad