Clueless_Norway
    Clueless_Norway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Thursday Preview

There is some matchups I might look into/pick tomorrow, but want to hear what people think about them first...

Dodgers @ Reds, Stults(L) vs Harang(R):
    I got a feeling that this is a game that I should stay away from. Stults is 5-6 with a 3.59 ERA through 14 starts at Las Vegas in AAA and are filling in for Penny. His mlb career stats are: 2-4, 5.75 ERA, 56.1 IP, 24 BB and 35 K's.
    I havn't a clue about how he will preforme as this is his season debut, but the Reds are good vs lefties right now. In the Reds L10 games they got a .248 batting avg with 6.83 R/9. In their L5 their batting avg is down to .182 but they still score 9.00 R/9(!!) and thats without any HR's. Harang got a good start to the season, but now he can't put together two quality starts in a row. In his L3 he got a 5.40 ERA, 1.36 WHIP and given up 3 HR's in 18.1 IP and if you follow his trend it's time for a bad start... In his last 4 starts he has given up 6 ER,3 ER,7 ER and 1 ER in that order and been on the mound from 4-7 innings. The Dodgers have been ok vs righties lately as they got a .235 batting avg with 3.13 R/9 in their L10. In their L5 the Dodgers got a below avg .205 batting avg with a low 2.48 R/9... The Dodgers are 21-7 in the last 28 meetings and 7-3 in the last 10 in Cincinnati. In this serie the Dodgers are up 2-0 and can get the sweep as they did in LA earlier this season.
    My lean is on the Reds cause of the ptiching matchup, Reds vs lefties and that the Reds havn't been sweept at home this season except a two game series against the Astros in late April...

Nationals @ Twins, Hill(R) vs Perkins(L):
    Hill picked up his first win since Sept. 10, 2007, after getting plenty of run support early against the Mariners. Hill allowed 12 hits but just four earned runs. But in his L3 games he got a 6.06 ERA, 1.78 WHIP and 2 HR's in 16.1 innings. In his L4 road games he has given up 4, 2, 5 and 4 ER.
    Perkins delivered his fifth quality start of the season in his last outing against the Brewers in Milwaukee. He pitched six innings, giving up three runs on eight hits. Perkins walked just one in his start and struck out six, tying his career-high. In his L3 he got a 5.87 ERA, 1.83 WHIP and 4 HR's in 15.1 innings. He started the season great, but started to giving up alot of runs later. He might now be on track to be the pitcher he was eralier this season as he now got 2 games in a row where he has given up only 3 runs. Nationals vs lefties: .274 batting avg with 3.02 R/9 L10, .284 batting avg with 3.00 R/9 their L5. Twins vs righties : .293 batting avg with 5.72 R/9 L10 and .287 batting avg and 6.64 R/9 their L5.
    In this one I realy like the Twins as they are at home and they are bether at bat than the Nats, but should I pick the ML or the RL?

Got some more, but I have to go to work now..
    Try to post up the rest by 11-12 am

j$
    j$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

nice to see an actual write up instead of this teams sux or whatever...

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great write-up!

Dodgers@Reds: These Reds are on one of the longest losing streaks imaginable. You don't need more than 3 runs to beat the Reds nowadays. My lean would be a Dodgers win.
    Nationals@Twins: The Twins have a huge edge and should win this one.

Other games we might consider:
    Padres@Yankees: Even though the Yankees are on a roll right now, a game between Banks (2-0, 1.29) and Chamberlains (1-2, 2.48) could go either way. Plus, the Yanks might just go on "break". At +190, the Padres are worth a shout here.
    Braves@Texas: Nothing much separates the starting pitchers. The Braves are 10-25 on the road. One wouldn't expect a 10-25 road team to win 2 road games in a row. Given the home advantage, Texas will take this one.
    Jays@Brewers: The stats of the starting pitchers plus Jays' superior bullpen gives the advantage to the Jays.

My leans for Thursday include:
    Dodgers +155
    Padres +190
    Texas -115
    Jays -125
    Last edited by Wilforth; 06-19-08 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Typo

Clueless_Norway

Thanks for the feedback guys Gonna look into your 3 plays as I like your points... I like the Rangers today without looking up any stats, but it's hard to see the Jays beating the Brewers as they are a great home team right now (but the Jays was close yesterday tho). At first I decited to not play on the Yanks game, but might go for the Padres if I can find a little edge. It's only one thing thats certain, no Yanks today as im not confident in Joba as a starter and the line is to low..

Btw, I know the Reds struggles right now, but they havn't been sweept at home in a 3 or 4 game series yet this season. The line is isn't good tho (-182) so the Dodgers might be worth a shoot...
    Last edited by Clueless_Norway; 06-19-08 at 08:54 AM.

Wilforth
    Update your status

The Yanks line looks suspicious to me.
    The Brewers are actually good at home now but I just thought Bush is no match for Burnett. Yesterday's game was close and I expect today's to be even closer.
    I'm definitely going for the Rangers, no questions asked.

Clueless_Norway

Braves@Rangers, Morton(R) vs Feldman(R):
    Morton impressed during his Major League debut on Saturday, limiting the Angels to three earned runs over six innings. He was perfect in four of his innings and allowed each of the three runs with two outs. He was 4-2 with a 2.05 ERA in 13 appearances (12 starts) for Triple-A Richmond.
    Feldman is 0-2 with a 5.35 ERA in his last six starts. The Rangers are 1-8 on the season in his nine starts, even though six of them have been classified as "quality." He is 1-0 with a 3.32 ERA in seven games, including five starts, at home, as opposed to 0-3 with a 7.33 ERA on the road. Opponents are hitting .302 off him with runners in scoring position and .206 off him through his first 60 pitches and .319 off him after that. In day games he got a 3.32 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and given up 2 HR's in 25.1 innings.
    The Braves are hitting .267 with 4.52 R/9 vs righties in their L10 and .248 with 5.93 R/9 in their L5.
    The Rangers are hitting .287 with 5.75 R/9 in their L10 and .274 with 5.73 R/9 in their L5. Braves are 8-3 in the last 11 meetings. The Rangers got a great 7-0 in their last 7 games with Wolf behind home plate, but it might have nothing to say..(?) Rangers are 5-1 in their L6 home games vs. a right-handed starter and 9-3 in their L12 games following a loss. Meanwhile the Braves are 2-8 in their L10 games following a win and 0-5 in their L5 during game 3 of a series.
    Both pitchers might leave after around 5 inning and the pen favours the Braves as they got a 2.10 ERA against Rangers 8.64 ERA in both teams L3 games.

Non of the teams got a good edge, but I like the Rangers at home so far at -115 and +115 on the RL.

youngsc
    youngsc's Avatar Become A Pro!

^where did you get the detailed info for the teams and players^ that's the kinda stuff I've been looking for. I use covers currently maybe I'm looking in the wrong area.

Clueless_Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    The Yanks line looks suspicious to me.
    The Brewers are actually good at home now but I just thought Bush is no match for Burnett. Yesterday's game was close and I expect today's to be even closer.
    I'm definitely going for the Rangers, no questions asked.
    You thinking about the RL?? Alot of times when the Rangers win, they win big... Maby I'll take a chance on the -2.5

Clueless_Norway

Quote Originally Posted by youngsc View Post
    ^where did you get the detailed info for the teams and players^ that's the kinda stuff I've been looking for. I use covers currently maybe I'm looking in the wrong area.
    So far im using Covers for stats and thrends and CBS Sports Line and MLB Gameday for the player info...

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/scoreboard
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday

youngsc

Cool beans thanks man

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless_Norway View Post
    You thinking about the RL?? Alot of times when the Rangers win, they win big... Maby I'll take a chance on the -2.5
    The Rangers often win by more than one run, but I'll just stay with the ML. Since the RL killed a parlay of mine 2 weeks ago, I've stayed off it for now. But there should be little fear going for it anyways. The Rangers will win comfortably and I think the game could go over 11, given that it's a daytime game.

youngsc

So far I've got TEX (+170), MIN (+150) & CHW (+130) on the RL and LAD (+174) on the ML. We'll see how this goes. For the value the sox and rangers have won by more than one a lot recentley and MIN cleaned up last night, hopefully that will continue. LAD has owned the reds as of late even with questionable pitching tonight I think they can take it str8 up.

Clueless_Norway

Pirates@White Sox, Dumatrait(L) vs Floyd(R):
    Dumatrait ok in the rotation for the Pirates, but he blew a chance to post the first consecutive victories of his career with a clunker of an outing on Friday at Baltimore. The lefty gave up five runs on five hits and five walks, with two of the free passes turning into runs during a three-run fifth that got Baltimore within 6-5 as he couldn't hold a 6-1 lead. In his L3 he got a 4.86 ERA, 1.56 WHIP and given up 1 HR in 16.1 innings. In day games he got a 2.95 ERA, 1.58 WHIP and given up 1 HR in 18.1 innings but have been struggling on the road this year with a 4.54. The most notable stats he got isn't a good one as he struggles with the control with a 1.22 SO:BB ratio on the season and 0.64 SO:BB ratio on day games.
    Floyd had his streak of three straight wins snapped Friday against the Rockies. He was fortunate not to factor into the decision, having given up four solo home runs to put him in line for the loss when he left after 6 1/3 innings. He walked three and struck out four in that game. It was in sharp contrast to his previous three starts, in which he'd compiled a collective 20-to-1 K/BB ratio. He is 1-0 lifetime against the Pirates in one career start where he gave up only 1 ER.
    In his L3 he got a 3.54, 0.98 WHIP and given up 6 HR's in 20.1 innings. He usualy puts up 2 quality starts after a bad outing as he got 3 one bad - two quality starts this season... He have been great at home with a 2.82 ERA, 0.88 WHIP and given up 8 HR's in 51 innings but have been struggling a bit in day games with a 4.20 ERA. The greates thing with Floyd is his control/SO:BB ratio...
    The Pirates are batting .253 with 5.08 R/9 their L10 and a realy low .202 with 4.40 R/9 in their L5 both vs righties.
    The Sox have been struggling vs lefties lately with a .201 batting avg with 3.35 R/9 in their L10 and a realy low avg of .181 with 3.92 R/9 their L5.

I don't like any sides in this one as the Sox can't hit lefties while Floyd can make it difficult for the Pirates. Because of that I realy like the u9½ at -120, but if I had to pick a side I got the Pirates at +140.

Clueless_Norway

So far I've got TEX (+170), MIN (+150) & CHW (+130) on the RL and LAD (+174) on the ML. We'll see how this goes. For the value the sox and rangers have won by more than one a lot recentley and MIN cleaned up last night, hopefully that will continue. LAD has owned the reds as of late even with questionable pitching tonight I think they can take it str8 up.
    Im on the Rangers, I like the Twins so far and might be on the Dodgers as the Reds line is to low, but I don't like the CWS as they can't hit lefties and Dumatrait can put up some good innings... Also the Pirates can hit..

youngsc

Yeah wish you had posted your preview about 30 minutes earlier. I can honestley say all those picks were based on the past week performances which isn't bad but it allowed me to miss that wonderful stat you posted. Well we shall see in a few hours whether I cover or not.

Clueless_Norway

Jays@Brewers, Burnett(R) vs Bush(R):
    Burnett has struggled to keep his pitch count down of late, needing 211 pitches to work through 9 1/3 innings across his past two starts. Over that span, the right-hander has yielded 10 runs on 14 hits with 12 strikeouts and eight walks. On Friday, Burnett picked up a win at home against the Cubs after giving up two runs on four hits in five innings, in which he threw 111 pitches, struck out seven and walked four. In his career against Milwaukee, Burnett is 1-1 with a 4.85 ERA in four outings. In his L3 he got a 6.23 ERA, 1.62 WHIP and given up 1 HR in 17.1 innings. He has been great on the road tho where he got a 2.98 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and given up 4 HR in 54.1 innings. In day games he got a 5.87 ERA.
    In his last start, Bush was tagged for four runs (three earned) over six innings, as he gave up 10 hits, struck out three and walked one. Bush gave up an unearned run in the first inning after the first of two errors on the night from second baseman Bill Hall, and he then gave up another three runs after the Twins snuck two bunt singles into the right side of the Brewers' infield to start a rally. The Twins collected five hits and sent eight men to the plate in that inning.
    In his L3 he got a 4.76 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and given up 3 HR's in 17.0 innings. He have been ok at home with a 3.62 ERA, but he got a bad 5.11 ERA in day games.
    The Jays havn't been bad at bat their L10 with a .249 batting avg, but they have scored only 3.41 R/9 as they are leaving 2.55 runners pr. run...(!!) In their L5 they got a .264 batting avg with 3.18 R/9. You might think their LOB:R would go down, but here it's on 3.08 left on base pr. run(!!!!!).
    The Brewers are hitting .254 with 5.11 R/9 in their L10 and .248 with 4.93 R/9 in their L5.

I like the Jays in this one as I think they got the better pitcher and they got a better batting avg, so if they don't continue leaving so many runners on base they could win big..
    Jays (-126) and o8½ (-105)

Clueless_Norway

Yeah wish you had posted your preview about 30 minutes earlier. I can honestley say all those picks were based on the past week performances which isn't bad but it allowed me to miss that wonderful stat you posted. Well we shall see in a few hours whether I cover or not.
    GL... Maby you hit them all and all of mine goes out.
    I'll rooth for you in those games where im not on the other side