Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

USA-Japan

Replays definitely show that plate ump Bob Davidson made the wrong call on Japan's Nishioka leaving 3B too soon. The rule is that a runner can tag and advance as soon as the fielder comes in contact with the fly ball, not catches it.

So Japan did get robbed of a run and an out in the 8th, but they didn't lost the game because of that one call. They lost the game when they didn't manage to plate anyone in the top of the 9th. And the play that really broke their backs was Fujikawa hitting Jeter after the Japanese had thrown out Vernon Wells at 3B on Michael Young's sac bunt attempt.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

I have enjoyed what little of the World Baseball Classic they have showed on tv. Can not believe they are not showing the game tonight against Korea live. No way am I staying up til 1 in the morning to watch a game tape delayed.

If they want more interest in the WBC they should find a way to get the games on tv.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by clonecat
    If they want more interest in the WBC they should find a way to get the games on tv.
    they have all the games on espn deportaze.

if they want alot more interest, they need to have this even during the summer time. this event would be alot bigger if it wasn't surrounded by march madness.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

I felt bad for the Japanese. I personally benefited from the bad call but it was definitely a blown call.

justbet
    justbet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21
    I felt bad for the Japanese. I personally benefited from the bad call but it was definitely a blown call.
    if this happened to america in a baseball event held in japan im sure every american baseball fan would be going apeshit right now, saying the wbc is rigged. if you are not 100% sure on a call, dont go back and change it. thats bullshit.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Justbet,

You must of had money on the Japanese. What can you say its a bad beat. I have been beaten by worse calls believe me. The bottom line is they should have the mlb umpires doing the WBC.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Bob Davidson has a wealth of MLB experience. He's one of the ones fired a while back in the labor fight, but still works minor league action and occasionally subs in on the big league level.