hi-rez
    hi-rez's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a bunch of scrubs the Rockies are, 0-5 at home to the Braves? Needed them to win for the 3rd leg of a parlay

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't mind them. I'm so pissed up. I'm just looking forward to tomorrow. My worst fear now is that the Mets/Angels game is going over. Normally the Angels don't get more than 2 runs and they don't allow many runs. So I felt the game would easily go UNDER 8.5, but with 5 runs in the first 3, my play is shattered.

hi-rez
    hi-rez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh, make that 0-7!

Wilforth
    Update your status

The Rockies are finished! I'll play them to lose tomorrow.

johnnymapalo
    johnnymapalo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 928

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    Don't mind them. I'm so pissed up. I'm just looking forward to tomorrow. My worst fear now is that the Mets/Angels game is going over. Normally the Angels don't get more than 2 runs and they don't allow many runs. So I felt the game would easily go UNDER 8.5, but with 5 runs in the first 3, my play is shattered.
    Man o man, u keep picking these dead enders. Don't u know that 1st games are usually on the over in any sports. Players just play loose and feel each other out in the first game. If its 2 teams wid heavy offensive potential then its really a certain lock for going over...

Wilforth
    Update your status

Tuesday June 17

Yesterday: 0-1 YTD 1-3

Astros@Orioles: This game has become too "popular" for my liking but I think the Orioles will still do a good job at home. I'll get a little greedy and take the Orioles RL here, something I hardly do.

Padres@Yankees: Everything here screams over.

So my parlay today is:

Orioles RL/Padres-Yankees OVER 9.5

$100 to win $321
    Last edited by Wilforth; 06-17-08 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Edit line

johnnymapalo

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    Tuesday June 17

Yesterday: 0-1 YTD 1-3

Astros@Orioles: This game has become too "popular" for my liking but I think the Orioles will still do a good job at home. I'll get a little greedy and take the Orioles RL here, something I hardly do.

Padres@Yankees: Everything here screams over.

So my parlay today is:

Orioles RL/Padres-Yankees OVER 9.5

$100 to win $321
    Now that looks much betta. I like the over 8.5 in the Pirates/white Sox really good or the Marlins as the underdogs.. I'm cashing that one to the bank..

Wilforth
    Update your status

Wednesday June 25, 2008

After a short(?) break, I'm continuing with this thread.
    In addition to the 2-team parlay (2TP), I'll also have a play of the day (POD).

Initially, I'll be conservative with the amount of juice I lay. I'm assessing the performance of this 2-pronged strategy - 2TP and POD.

Rangers@Astros: Based on the recent stats of the starting pitchers and the offensive strengths of the teams, nothing is surer than that this game will go UNDER 9.5.

Rockies@Royals: Do you foresee these 2 teams playing the OVER three games in a row? By both the law of averages and the strong UNDER tendencies of the pitchers, I'm going for the UNDER here.

So my 2TP:
    Rangers-Astros UNDER 9.5/Rockies-Royals UNDER 9

$25 to win $60.69

POD:
    Rangers/Astros UNDER 9.5
    $30 to win $25

Bottomline:
    Now that you can hardly tell which team is the favorite in a game, the o/u play appears a safer bet.

johnnymapalo

Yes, I prefer to play the over/under thing because alot of these teams can be so unpredictable sometimes. I have 2 3 team parlays today. Here they are:

Parlay 1
    angels vs washington under 8
    pirates vs NY under 9
    mets vs mariners under 9

Parlay 2
    Cardinals vs Tigers under 8.5
    Rays vs Marlins under 9
    NY Yankees -1.5 point spread

Play of the day

Braves vs Brewers under 9

Good Luck..

Clueless_Norway
    Clueless_Norway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Rockies/Royals u9: I realy like it as Cook have been Rockies strongest pitcher this year and Hochevar got two quality starts in a row (on the road) before his last start against the Giants...

But: Both pitchers had a tough game last time up and couldn't comand their pitches.
    Hochevar's sinking fastball stayed up while Cook's sinking fastball stayd up in the zone too... (Like it anyway tho, not two bad starts in a row from those two ).

Havn't realy looked into the Rangers/Astros, but the Rangers can put up some big numbers and Oswalt got a good number of bad days... I would'v stay'd away, but I wish you good luck

Wilforth
    Update your status

Yes, Oswalt has a good number of bad days under his belt but he posted an ERA of 2.66 in his last 3 games and I'm hoping for that to continue tonight. To be honest, this pick is dicey but I believe Oswalt will continue with his recent good work. My expectation is that no side will get more than 5 runs. So if there's no OT, then one expects that total runs won't exceed 9.

Clueless_Norway

I like it, but can't pull the trigger on this one... Gonna root for ya tho

Wilforth
    Update your status

Thanks, Cluelless. The day started with a game that went UNDER (Brewers/Braves). Let's hope the first game of the day set the tone for the rest of the games!

Clueless_Norway

Yeah. Let's hope that and that im not jinxing you...

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless_Norway View Post
    Yeah. Let's hope that and that im not jinxing you...
    No way can you jinx me. If you join me, we'll win. I've taken some battering lately from supposed favorites, which is why I'm leaning toward totals.

Clueless_Norway

Totals have worked best for me too lately, but I realy like some sides today...
    Won't place to many picks now as I did before (i'v learned, lol).

Wilforth
    Update your status

Thursday June 26, 2008

When you play the UNDER in 2 games and the total in both games goes UNDER by 3 and 4 runs, respectively, what else can you ask for? So our yesterday plays were hugely successful.

The records that will be appearing here is for plays beginning June 25, 2008.
    2-team parlay (2TP) 1-0 Won $60
    POD: 1-0 Won $25

2TP:
    Twins@Padres: One expects a game between two not-so-offensive teams with a combined starting-pitcher ERA of less than 5 to conveniently go UNDER 8.

White Sox@Dodgers: One can't trust the Dodgers with an inexperienced Kershaw (0-1, 4.34) to beat Danks (4-4, 2.80) and the White Sox? Picking road favorites is not my thing but the Dodgers aren't offensively intimidating. Three things going for the White Sox are that 1) Danks has been pitching well lately, 2) the Dodgers aren't offensively intimidating and 3) the White Sox are 15-6 in game 3 of a series. This game appears to be going UNDER but I'll just stick with the White Sox win.

So my 2TP:
    Twins-Padres UNDER 8/White Sox ML
    $35 to win $87.50

Because of the chalky nature of my intended POD, I'll just make the POD a 2-team parlay of the Indians and Cubs. You can't trust these chalky favorites these days but I'll just give the Indians and the Cubs the benefit of doubt and throw away $25 at that.

POD:
    Cubs/Indians
    $25 to win $38
    Last edited by Wilforth; 06-26-08 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Typo

Wilforth
    Update your status

Friday June 27, 2008

Yesterday: 2TP: 1-0, POD 0-1
    YTD 2TP 2-0, POD: 1-1

My 2-team parlay today:

Marlins/Blue Jays