fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thursday Value Plays

I went 2-2 yesterday losing 0.54 units. However, I remain much more optimistic today. I treat every loss as a learning experience and so I hope this will make me a better capper.

For today:
    Royals -121
    Pros: I know that many of you may not understand how this could be a lock. But let me show you how. Bannister has one of the largest Home-Away split differentials in the majors. At home, he's pretty dominant with a 2.46 ERA and a 4-2 record. This is much better than his 9.00 ERA and 1-4 Road record. The Royals are also much better at home than on the road, hitting .274 as a team. Hurley, a 2004 first-round pick, is 2-5 with a 5.30 ERA in 13 starts with Triple-A Oklahoma. How can this guy possibly pitch well in the majors if he is a mediocre minor league pitcher?

Cons:
    The Rangers have on of the best offenses in the game. They were able to come back last night after being down 5-1.

Astros +123
    Pros:
    Houston starter Brian Moehler (3-2, 3.76 ERA) has allowed just five home runs in 40 2-3 innings. The right-hander is 2-1 with a 2.50 ERA in his last three starts. He is coming off his best outing of the season, giving up two hits while striking out five in seven shutout innings in a 6-1 win over St. Louis on Friday night. At home, Moehler is 2-1 with a 3.38 ERA. The Astros also have a great offense at home, batting .287 as a team. The Brewer's do not play well on the road.
    Cons:
    Ben Sheets is a good pitcher. The Brewers offense has been good of late.

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

I can't believe I am saying this but I agree with you on the Royals today. The Rangers offense is very scary to bet against however. A good hedge play today if taking the Royals may be the Rangers ML\Over parlay (currently 3.2 to 1 odds). If the Rangers win today, I definetely feel it will be over the total again.

fifawcs

Yeah, but the Rangers offense is not as good on the road .273. Still good though. The Royals have both the better starter and the better bullpen.

fifawcs

I think I am going to have to add another pick

Phillies -121
    Pros:
    Florida hasn't had any success against Moyer (6-3, 4.56 ERA). He has won all eight of his starts versus the Marlins, posting a 3.51 ERA, and has a 1.83 ERA in three road starts against them. The veteran left-hander has also benefited from strong run support when facing Florida, getting an average of 7.8 runs to work with. He allowed five runs and seven hits in seven innings against the Marlins on June 1, but the Phillies won 7-5.Moyer had won four straight outings before Friday night at Atlanta. He gave up two runs and five hits in 5 1-3 innings as Philadelphia won 4-3 in 10 innings. Scott Olsen(4-2, 3.44) went 2-0 against the Phillies last season despite posting a 6.91 ERA. He is 3-4 with a 6.00 ERA in nine career starts against Philadelphia.

Cons:
    The Fish have been hitting better recently. However, the Phillies have the much better offense and bullpen.

fifawcs

I'm glad I took the phils.

chipski
    chipski's Avatar Become A Pro!

are you sure ?
    nice one .
    2 outs .. 1 on , down 3 . lights out lidge ?