Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Cardinals -107 anyone?

A few reasons why this seems to be the play of the day for me...

1) Houston and St. Louis have played three, three-game series so far this season. The Astros have won the first game of each series with the Cardinals taking the next two games in each series. Houston won the series opener last night in this, the fourth series between the two NL Central rivals.

2) Adam Wainwright has been like a cat toying with a mouse against the 'Stros this season, beating them twice already with 17 innings and four earned runs allowed on eight hits. All four runs he has allowed to Houston have come on solo homers, two of those by Lance Berkman. Wainwright made two starts against the Astros in 2007, both in Houston, working seven innings in each game and allowing just one run in each game. St. Louis won them both.

3) Astros skipper Cecil Cooper shook up his lineup last night after a horribly impotent road trip for the offense. Houston got some good performances from reserves Mark Loretta, Geoff Blum and Darin Erstad in their 6-1 win (plus the Cards contributed with their impersonation of the Bad News Bears on defense). Not sure how he will set the lineup tonight, but I'm betting that Ty Wiggington and Miguel Tejada will be back in the mix...and I'm also pretty sure he'll give Michael Bourne another game to go 0-for-4 with a pair of strikeouts as well.

*DISCLAIMER: I've been on a nasty run lately picking Astros games, whether I fade or follow them. The last 15 games I've played them, I'm 4-11. So it's up to you to follow my logic or fade my bad luck

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's another one of those plays that I stayed away from. This is mostly because Chacon has also been good this year and the houston offense is pretty good at home. Good luck.

Perl
    Perl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hosuton won last night mostly because the Cardinals were tired of a doubleheader, x-innings and the trip. Today St. Luis will play in better shape.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by fifawcs View Post
    It's another one of those plays that I stayed away from. This is mostly because Chacon has also been good this year and the houston offense is pretty good at home. Good luck.
    Yeah, I agree somewhat fifa. But he was horrible, let his mind get the best of him in his last start, so it will be interesting to see how Chacon comes out tonight.