Bob Harvey
    Bob Harvey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bob Harvey Sports Dodgers/Mets Friday, 5/30

Bob Harvey

Take LA Dodgers and New York Mets UNDER 8. (Friday, May 30. 7:10 pm EST).

To borrow from a line from my favourite rock group, The Eagles, there’s a “New Kid In Town” and his name is Clayton Kershaw.

The 20-year old lefthander makes his second big league start as the Dodgers look to snap a four-game losing streak tonight in New York.

In his major league debut on Sunday, Kershaw held St. Louis to two runs and five hits while striking out seven in six innings. He came out of contest with a no decision but deserved better. His stuff has been described as “electric” and it’s still a mystery to me why he wasn’t in the Dodger rotation from Day One. The Dodgers under Frank McCourt and Ned Colletti haven’t made very many good decisions, but that’s another subject for another day. In regards to Kershaw, it’s better late than never. He’s the real deal, as Willie Randolph’s club will find out this evening. New York will counter with John Maine who held the Dodgers to one run and four hits in 8 1-3 innings of a 12-1 victory in Los Angeles in May. The UNDER is 8-1 in the Dodgers last nine games overall, while the UNDER plays to a 6-2-1 record in Maine’s last nine starts. My friends, Kershaw is the “real deal” and Maine should keep the Dodger bats quiet as he did earlier this season. This one shapes up as a low-scoring affair.

Perl
    Perl's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with you. Dodgers and Angels are always in the under