Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Griffey might miss remainder of season

While Ken Griffey Jr. is offically listed as day-to-day with a strained right foot, the injury could be more serious, the Dayton Daily News reported in its Wednesday edition.

A source said Griffey actually pulled part of a tendon off the bone, "Potentially a serious situation, potentially a season-ending injury," the source told the paper.

Griffey, who'd like to play again this season, will be treated with anti-inflammatories and rehab over the next three days. Griffey will then be reevaluated Friday.

Griffey might be able to pinch hit, might be able to play, "but if the tendon tears completely off the bone his season is over," the source told the paper.

Griffey, however, said he hasn't received any info from the Reds medical staff on his season possibly being over and is proceeding as though he will learn more about his injury on Friday.

The injury is similar to one Griffey sustained on the same foot two years ago, a partial tear, and at the time the tendon was sewn back onto the bone.

Griffey is already expected to have arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, in addition to an operation to fix a hole in his leg left over from his hamstring surgery last year that seeps.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

He was having a great season to.
    Last I heard he was going to take Wednesday off, and the Reds dont play Thursday. So he would have a few days off to rest. This isnt good news.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope he can finish. He is a great assett to the game.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    I hope he can finish. He is a great assett to the game.
    Me too.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Amazing what this guy could have accomplished had he stayed healthy all those years. His career will be looked at very similarly to the career of Mickey Mantle. Unlimited talent and potential held back because of injuries.

Senator 7