Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

How bad is Zito?

I want to fade the White Sox tonight, but the Giants have lost every Zito start, and he has a terrible ERA, so I'd really like to be paid more than the +125 that is out there. How bad is Zito?

St. Andrew
    St. Andrew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    I want to fade the White Sox tonight, but the Giants have lost every Zito start, and he has a terrible ERA, so I'd really like to be paid more than the +125 that is out there. How bad is Zito?
    In all of Zito's starts this year, the Giants --on average-- give up 6.1 runs per game total. In all of Beuhrle's starts this year, the White Sox give up --on average-- 6.1 runs per game total. These pitchers have identical stats.

Over the last 10 games, the Giants are scoring 3.8 runs per game, the White Sox are scoring 4.1 runs per game.

These teams match up identically, but I would give the nod to the Giants because they are at home.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

DH,
    Zito has actually pitched a bit better since he was banished to, but never pitched out of, the bullpen.

It's a combo deal. Zito has been really bad. The Giants don't score a ton of runs. The result has not been pretty.

Surely, Zito will win one at some point this season. And it may even be tonight, but I don't think that betting the "he's due" theory is a great way to go.

FWIW the CWS are one of LT's BPS plays for today.

BOL either way!

Doc

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks guys. I'll wait for the line to improve. Hard to bet on Zito, but probably will.

St. Andrew
    St. Andrew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Thanks guys. I'll wait for the line to improve. Hard to bet on Zito, but probably will.
    You have to also consider that the Giants'/Zito's stats are equal to Sox/Buehrle, but the Giants didn't have the benefit of a DH. Tonight they will. Another advantage to the Giants.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

I believe the play is over 8.5 -115

chipski
    chipski's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Andrew View Post
    You have to also consider that the Giants'/Zito's stats are equal to Sox/Buehrle, but the Giants didn't have the benefit of a DH. Tonight they will. Another advantage to the Giants.
    tonight they will what ? not have a dh right so is an advantage for the giants ?

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

chisox are better than the giants
    anyway you cut it
    the sox pen is solid
    the giants pen isnt

chipski

the best the mets have is easley to put at dh ? he just struck out with bases loaded . good thing they have the dh . sad he has struck out twice already , guess he missed the meeting . the pitcher would have been a better option .

chipski

zito lost this time last year 15 - 3 at the A's . zito surendered 6 hits , 7 walks and 7 runs . it was on friday night though , not saturday . lol
    giants avoided the sweep in that 1st round of interleauge by winning sunday 4 - 1 , morris over kennedy .
    i know what you feel by wanting to play zito to get his first win . i did that his last start .

Hellerud
    Hellerud's Avatar Become A Pro!

low scoring game tonight boys.. zito will get his win i blieve... but it will be like 3-2 both teams catch hit either pitcher...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Zito is due for a win tonight, so I like the Giants.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

DH,
    Zito didn't pitch badly for you. Giants just can't score.

Name IP H R ER BB K ERA*
    B Zito 5.0 8 2 2 6 4 6.25