bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Derrek Lee

After the break out year in '05 can Derrek Lee be again in the top five for batting leaders? I know its a tall order and playing for the Cubs doesn't help but think the cubs really do have a true power hitter here.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

All I know is when he ends up on my fantasy team, he dont do so great. So you know he wasnt on any of my teams last season.

So all Cubs fans beware, I may just draft this guy on one of my teams.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's hard to say since that lineup is so weak. He doesn't really have any protection. He better hope Pierre gets on ahead of him alot.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

You think they will the send Pierre a lot? Knowing Lee is due up, and dont want the risk of getting out of the inning with the other team throwing out the base stealer. It also can work out in Lee's favor, putting speed on base, will pressure the pitcher into bad throws.

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    You think they will the send Pierre a lot? Knowing Lee is due up, and dont want the risk of getting out of the inning with the other team throwing out the base stealer. It also can work out in Lee's favor, putting speed on base, will pressure the pitcher into bad throws.
    Lee will get more fastballs because of Pierre. Cubs will have Pierre run.