nysmoneyman
    nysmoneyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

home page...free picks...win/loss ratio

i've been watching jimmy the moose and the other guys giving their free picks...one thing that i've noticed is that these guys are wrong a lot of the time...has anyone been keeping track of their win to loss ratio...i think there is money to be made by going the opposite way of all their picks every day...all thoughts are welcome

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know how well that would work. April is usually a rough month for handicappers, even the pros.

nysmoneyman

monday 5-5-08 homepage picks

3 wins....3 losses

chipski
    chipski's Avatar Become A Pro!

thoughts ? what are these guys not attached to the same earth as we are ? they would do bad because it is their job to pick winners ? i know what you mean but what about when they hit 7 of 10 , get hot ? this is an ad for these guys right ? haha
    yeah cappers release free picks and those picks dont make their best picks they sell so they are the worst of the best so your thinking is good .
    however , you never know when their free pick is really their best pick and they release it as a free pick to get some attention , haha again .
    okay lets fade em , i would guess the big free picks on tues will be brewers , phils , mets and maybe cubs under 8 because they will see the big trend of the unders when both starters start (and it will be wrong) . let me stop .

how much do you bet going opposite of what these pros pick ? ooh , and the cards and twins will be paid and free picks .

plz post these guys free picks so i can see the thinking . free picks are nothing more than trendy picks i would say , nothing wrong with that if they win .

you are onto something here though , there have been guys i look at their free picks every day and could have been a millionaire by now if i bet a grand going against them each day . i would mention some names but that might be in bad taste . post em . gl

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by nysmoneyman
    i've been watching jimmy the moose and the other guys giving their free picks...one thing that i've noticed is that these guys are wrong a lot of the time...has anyone been keeping track of their win to loss ratio...i think there is money to be made by going the opposite way of all their picks every day...all thoughts are welcome
    We do track their records and those records are posted (in Players Talk). I believe last month the group was a -6.5 units or so, combining NBA, NHL and MLB free picks. If you pick one to fade, be sure to keep us updated on how well (or poorly) that's going for you.

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nysmoneyman;*****3

records for April

chipski
    chipski's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wasn't talking about any cappers featured on sbr , just to be clear .
    One of the cappers i was talking about was called harvest picks , hope he is not here , yikes .

twitchy
    twitchy's Avatar Become A Pro!

April was a rough month for me as well... for baseball.... it will turn around sometime this MONTH BIG TIME...

nysmoneyman

tuesday 5-7-08

4 wins....3 losses

last two days 7-6

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nysmoneyman View Post
    tuesday 5-7-08

4 wins....3 losses

last two days 7-6

4-3 with two people on the opposite sides of a game.

nysmoneyman

wednesday 5-7-08

3 wins....3 losses

total for the week 10-9
    Last edited by nysmoneyman; 05-08-08 at 07:09 PM.