MadCapper
    MadCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!

**'s Tuesday Bases....(Posting Early - Big Play)

I will update my record here after Mondays games go final!

I am posting this early because I love one line in particular tomorrow.

MadCapper

Giants -130 (3 units) (Cook/Lincecum)

Tim Lincecum has got to be the most undervalued starting pitcher in baseball or I am a complete fool for falling into a massive trap.

I know the Giants have loads of trouble scoring runs. But the way Tim Lincecum has been pitching it hasnt mattered. Lincecum has dominant stuff. He can literaly throw a no hitter on any given day. He just has to cut down on his walk total so he can keep his pitch count low. Last outing he threw 121 pitches in just 6 1/3 innings. He threw a 97 MPH fastball on his 121st pitch. The dude can hurl.

The following is from AllStarStats:

Lincecum opening the season 4-0 qualifies as one of the most amazing feats of 2008. The Giants have scored more than three runs in just one of his five starts, but they've won all five anyway. They're 5-13 when he doesn't pitch. Lincecum has a 1.23 ERA and a 36/14 K/BB ratio in 29 1/3 innings.

I can see Lincecum dominating the more right handed Rockies lineup in this one. If the Giants can score just 2 runs vs Aaron Cook, the Giants will win this.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

It's a lock if Manny Corpas somehow finds his way into the game....

MadCapper

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    HAHA. I'd rather he doesnt. That would most likely mean COL is leading go into the 7th or 8th.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Manny Corpas alone has cost me 3 or 4 games the past 10 days. Guy is just horrible.

I guess now with Zito in the pen, you have to worry that he could blow a game if you have SF. But I agree, Linecum is a solid solid pitcher. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Good luck **....

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

lincecum has been plus money many times this year

he is the best right now

amazing value

MadCapper

I'm sure you can find a better line now.

It SHOULD be -145

wolverine71
    wolverine71's Avatar Become A Pro!

The value is there but something tells me the Rockies win this one. I am staying away.

GL!!

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

I just can't lay wood with the Giants even with Lincecum on the mound. Even if he pitches a gem, this game could very well be decided by the bullpen since he gets so little run support. If I were willing to lay the wood, I'd probably opt for the 5 inning line, however.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 145

I was on Lincecum on his last start in a plus money situation as well in a 1-0 win, and when I was looking at the baseball card today this game did catch my eye but the problem is Rockies any inning could get a couple timely hits and if they get a couple runs then Giants lose because they can't hit. I think the under would be a better value play. You know Giants bats aren't going to do much damage and then Lincecum should shut the Rockies down enough to stay under this total. I guess it would most likely come down to whether the bullpens keep the under alive. But the fact that this guy has won all those games with that little run support scares me because if he does have a bad outing Giants really don't have a chance. And he can't pitch a gem every time out.

Illtakethoseodds
    Illtakethoseodds's Avatar Become A Pro!

whats the under on this??

MadCapper

But Cook is not Bob Feller either. Giants should scratch out a few runs too.

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey ** you playing the Pirates again tonight? Line opened at +218 at Pinnacle. I'm almost 99% laying off with the offday rainout I don't know what to expect from these pitchers.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seen it -117 and -115 now.

MadCapper

Quote Originally Posted by OLGC_Slayer View Post
    Hey ** you playing the Pirates again tonight? Line opened at +218 at Pinnacle. I'm almost 99% laying off with the offday rainout I don't know what to expect from these pitchers.
    Laying off that one.

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah me too/

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've had a nice run betting on Lincecum. In fact, betting on the Giants with Lincecum and Sanchez on the hill turned out to be my best strategy in April. (Some of my other bright ideas were complete busts.) But the value was in getting those pitchers with plus lines. I don't like laying chaulk with a team that struggles so much offensively. Lincecum may well pull off another win here -- and I'll be pulling for that in fact. But I think I will lay off this one, as far as sides go. I am thinking about the under.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post

ha ha-manny "corpse"

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Good luck **. Hope your boy gets it done tonight. I like Sanchez tomorrow as well.

CashMoney
    CashMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

I think Lincecum is do for a L..... he can't keep pitching like Cy Young with little to no run support. GL though.

MadCapper

Rest of card:

Jays +102 (2 units) (Halladay/Lester)
    White Sox +105 (1 unit) (Action)
    Marlins +120 (1 unit) (Action)