OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jeter cant't field anymore

This guys stinks. Time to move him to 3rd or maybe left.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Looks like it's going to cost them. Looked like an easy play.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jeter has never been that great of an infielder, but he is good enough. Moving him to the outfield/third base de-values his bat, he is nowhere near as valuable playing a corner spot. They really don't have replacement either.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

I forget the name of the study Slayer, but Jeter was rated SECOND to worst in overall defense (the study is 100 times more specific and accurate than Fielding Percentage). I believe the study was done last year.

If you've ever noticed, Jeter is horrible going to his left.

I think the SS for the Rangers at the time was the worst.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jeter:

CashMoney
    CashMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Yet another DJ hater thread. I don't think there a GM in baseball who wouldn't want him playing short for their team.

OLGC_Slayer

I dont hate Derek Jeter. I just think he is a very, very overrated shortstop. He isn't even top ten with the glove anymore. He can hit though.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OLGC_Slayer View Post
    I dont hate Derek Jeter. I just think he is a very, very overrated shortstop. He isn't even top ten with the glove anymore. He can hit though.
    I agree, I don't think he is that great. It is a product of the New York hype. He seems to be a similar player to Micheal Young, Jeter has done it for longer, but was not that much better than Young any point in their respective careers. But the New York hype, and his reputation for being "clutch" overrates his abilities.

CashMoney

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    I agree, I don't think he is that great. It is a product of the New York hype. He seems to be a similar player to Micheal Young, Jeter has done it for longer, but was not that much better than Young any point in their respective careers. But the New York hype, and his reputation for being "clutch" overrates his abilities.
    I take DJ over Young 100% of the time. Michael Young is a good player but he's not DJ. Also, considering DJ is such a horrible fielder, he and Young have the same fielding percentage.

OLGC_Slayer

CM, I think he is saying, and I agree, that neither is a very good fielder anymore.

CashMoney

I think DJ gets 2 much crap...then again I'm a Yanks fan.
    I think he still does a good job with the glove. .975 career fielding percentage is not 2 horrible. I can live with it. I think as his career winds down he'd be better off eventually moving to 2nd.