twitchy
    twitchy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Twitchys Sunday MLB Selections

1* Braves (line?) First Half

ATL: Smoltz (3-1, 0.78 ERA) RIGHT

NYM: Figueroa (1-1, 4.05 ERA) RIGHT

We got Atlanta in a nice position here taking a tough loss yesterday giving up all 4 runs in (1) inning. I think ATL will get off to a quick start, but I could see them slowing down in the end considering the METS bullpen has an amazing 1.88 ERA @ home. On the other side we got the Braves bullpen with an ERA of 4.33 @ AWAY games. I expect Smoltz to have a GREAT first 5 innings and only give up 1 run tops to a Mets team that has been struggling with bats; averaging 3.5 runs per game vs. Atlanta. Even though all of the Mets runs have came within first 5 innings I think tomorrow will be completely different when they face Smoltz. Reasoning: The Mets are a horrid 3-9 vs. Righties this season. Oh and not to mention the Braves are an excellent 7-4 vs. Righties. Smoltz is also 2-0 playing AWAY DAY GAMES this season. On April 6th vs. the Mets they got a 3-1 WIN vs. Santana; Smoltz gave up only 2 hits that game and 0 runs. We all know Santana is a better pitcher then Figueroa and if Smoltz can take down Santana in the first 5 then he sure as hell can take down Figueroa. Atlanta managed to get 7 hits off Santana but only 1 run; I dont see that happening again I see them making their hits count in this one.

First Half Prediction:

ATL: 3 - NYM: 1

------------------------------------------

1* Cubs (-130)

CHC: Lilly (1-3, 7.30 ERA) LEFT

WAS: Lannan (1-2, 3.42 ERA) LEFT

Like I said In my eyes I do not see the cubs losing this series. So what am I going to do? I am going to ride them all the way to the bank tomorrow. The Cubs are coming off a huge blowout win vs. Washington winning 7-0; so its safe to say they have the momentum on their side. We have a pair of Lefties in this game which favors Chicago no matter what Lillys ERA is. The Cubs come into this game going 6-2 vs. Lefties this season. The Cubs average 6 runs per game while we have the Nationals Bullpen with a 5.06 ERA @ HOME. So that just shows me the bats are going to be clicking LATE in the game if not early for the Cubs. Washington only averages 3.88 runs per game and I expect them to get about 4 or so tomorrow considering Lilly is starting, but I expect Chicago to have another blowup game, cause like I said the Cubs are RED HOT vs. Lefties this year and they will not lose this series.

Prediction:

CHC: 6 - WAS: 4

---------------------------------------------------

1* Yankees First Half

NYY: Wang (4-0, 3.94 ERA) RIGHT

CLE: Sabathia (1-3, 10.13 ERA) LEFT

Wang vs. Sabathia, I would take Wang 10 out of 10 in this position. Sabathia has yet to win a game @ home this season and his ERA for home starts is 16.35 yes 16.35 that was not a typo. I think Sabathia will last about 4 innings before he gets pulled and their bullpen isnt much better. Their Bullpens ERA is 4.75 @ HOME which means if Sabathia gets pulled Yankees still will capitalize most likely. I really like Wang in this position he had a great start this season allowing no more then 2 runs in his first 3 games. Wang had a rough last couple starts but still managed to pull of the win vs. Boston and White Sox 2 teams that are great with the bats; not to mention RED SOX is a rival team.

First Half Prediction:

NYY: 3 CLE: 2
    Last edited by twitchy; 04-27-08 at 01:29 AM.

twitchy

hopefully we can have another profitable gl everyone.

Central07
    Central07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

gl Hellerud

twitchy

Quote Originally Posted by Central07 View Post
    gl Hellerud
    thx bud you 2

twitchy

after this horrible day of my Forums plays we are back to even. :-/