mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

Col/Cubs

Tonight the cubs invade Coors field after their two game sweep of the NY Mets. The Cubs bats have been hot most of the year and now they’ll look to feast on Franklin Morales and the Rockies pitching staff. The home side lost a ninth inning heart breaker, but they’ll have to move past that quickly if they hope to stay close to the surging Cubbies.

Morales is a young lefty that has pitched better than his 6.60 era indicates. The kid hasn’t been getting many K’s, but his LD% allowed is not indicative of a kid whose era should be over 6.50. Franklin’s worst start was his last one where he allowed six line drives while only giving up four earned over five frames.

Rich Hill is one of the more interesting pitching stories early in the ’08 season. The Cubs came into the season talking about Hill as if he was a Cy Young Award candidate and 8 innings later there was discussion about moving him out of the rotation altogether. Certainly the young lefty has had some control problems, but he’s proved tough to hit early in the season. If hill doesn’t give up the free pass, he normally has the Cubs in position to win.

Tonight the Cubs are at very affordable -104 which is a bargain considering how they’ve been playing of late. Carol Marmol has pitched each of the last two days which likely leaves him out tonight, so we’re more inclined to take the Cubs in the first five tonight.

My play: Cubs First Five -104

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17021

I got the Cubbies too, -1.5 runs +157. Good luck, Mo.

Spooky
    Spooky's Avatar Become A Pro!

best Of Luck Mo!!!!

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    I got the Cubbies too, -1.5 runs +157. Good luck, Mo.

that pen blew it.

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    best Of Luck Mo!!!!

The legend spooky!