thegreatdiatchi
    thegreatdiatchi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Joba starting soon?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3356490

He's got nasty stuff but would he be a better replacement for Rivera? I honestly think at this point we need to test the waters with him as a starter because our other prospects stink so far this year.

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah hes got scary potential...almost a Pap clone. I wonder how he'll throw as a starter, he cant reach back for 100 for 7 innings.

thegreatdiatchi
    thegreatdiatchi's Avatar Become A Pro!

In the ideal situation I would definitely keep him as the setup man until Mo retires. However, the situation NYY is in right now isn't ideal by any means. I'm not saying that he would be a bad starter - he might be a very good starter. However, I think he has much more long-term potential as a closer.

Oh, congrats on 9000 posts.

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks.

If he can handle the load, you want him in the rotation. You want your best guys giving you as many quality innings as possible.

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

yanks have many problems

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

While I can't imagine Joba as a starter, you are right in the sense that we do need him. Unfortunately, the Yankees only have 2 quality starters, Wang and Pettite. And taking Joba out of the bullpen would also hurt our bullpen since frankly, it sucks. We can't trust Farnsworth or Hawkins to get the ball to Mo.