mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mets @ Cubs (Maine vs Zambrano)

Tonight in Chicago two of the NL's best will square off as the Mets and Cubs get set to do battle. Zambrano will be on the hill for the Cubbies as John Maine will try to get the Mets back on track after a one run loss last night in Philly.

Carlos Zambrano is a Cy Young candidate at the beginning of each season and he's playing at a high level right now at 2-1 with an ERA under 3.10. Carlos has gone at least 6 innings in each of his four starts in 2008 while allowing about one hit per inning and only walking three in 26.2 IP. One alarming statistic for the big righty has been the number of line drives he has given up; in each of the last two seasons he has given up less than 20% LD's, but this year the figure it closer to 28% including a season high seven in his most recent appearance. In addition to more line drives, Zambrano has been giving up more fly balls which is not a good indicator for the you starter.

John Maine has had a lot of trouble with his control this season and tonight he's facing a team that has no trouble taking a walk; the Cubs are second in the NL in walks. Unlike his counterpart, Maine has been able to keep the ball from being hit too hard despite his lack of control.

Two good lineups will be featured tonight to oppose these two solid right handers. Wright, Reyes, and Church have been smashing the ball for the Mets while you'll struggle to find a bat in the Cubs lineup thats not on fire right now. These two guys have been allowing a lot of sly balls; some will reach the stands tonight. I like this one to fly over 8.5.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

No play on the total for me. Cubs should find a real pitching staff harder to hit than whatever it was that Pittsburgh put out there. Might take the Mets simply for value at +125. GL.

R3Sports
    R3Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Liking the Mets so far...

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

i like the cubs

mofome

i like the cubs, but i wish the price was a bit closer to even

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

over for me

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    over for me

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

total only 8.5....weather is nice right now it's 73 degrees with only 48% humidity...

I'm also on the over

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    total only 8.5....weather is nice right now it's 73 degrees with only 48% humidity...

I'm also on the over

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Cubs RL -1 1/2. Either the cubs will lose or they will take advantage of all the free baserunners.

R3Sports
    R3Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Added the Mets + 126