tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants vs Cardinals

I have 2 plays on this game.

1. Giants team total under 4 runs (-150 at the greek)
    2. Cardinals -1.5 runs
    3. Cardinals score 1st

Braden Looper is pitching for the cardinals and he is lights out in day games. Looper was 7-1, 1.82 era and batters were hitting 198 in 2007. This was not a coincidence. Looper was 4-0 with 1.38 era in day games in 2006. This is home day game for the cardinals and they are coming off of a loss to the giants.

twtb19
    twtb19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

GL and as a Cards fan I hope you are right.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cards ML. Cards RL.

St. Andrew
    St. Andrew's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was leaning Cards, but my only concern is that Sanchez has thrown 21 Ks in 15 innings. If he doesn't give up the deep ball and he has his stuff dialed in, this could be a long day for the Cards. I think the Cards will win, but I'm not so sure of it that I'm willing to pay that juice.

St. Andrew

Cards getting smoked, Sanchez throwing a gem. Carrib and Vegas cashed on this one fo sho!

j$
    j$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

8-0 Giants I bet u feel dumb

j$

those stats on Looper not even sure if those are his

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by j$ View Post
    8-0 Giants I bet u feel dumb
    Why would tab have any reason to feel dumb? We all lose games and we all lose games badly every now and then. If you say you haven't then you are lying to yourself.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

nicely said diogee, i had Cards on the RL as one of my picks. Shit happens and we move on.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only bad thing was saying I have 2 plays and he lists 3.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    nicely said diogee, i had Cards on the RL as one of my picks. Shit happens and we move on.
    Thanks unde. I had the RL as well...not everything goes as planned. That is why this is gambling and not free money.

j$

shut up Diogee my godd u lost dont cry cause I said it was a bad pick/play/wager. I couldnt understand even be4 why everyone was risking Looper throwing a perfect game.DUMB

j$

Cmon Looper? Mediocre

St. Andrew

Cmon Looper? Mediocre
    J$, I don't want to get involved in this, but before you punk out Diogee for making a bad bet, don't forget about this:

Dodgers will win

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

shut up Diogee my godd u lost dont cry cause I said it was a bad pick/play/wager. I couldnt understand even be4 why everyone was risking Looper throwing a perfect game.DUMB
    J$ you are the best post-game handicapper I know and I see you complaining about games and picks more than anyone on the board. Here are a couple of numbers for you:
    Sanfran has played 18 games...6 times their team total has went over (33%%)...for someone who does not understand stats that means that their offense sucks. Anyways good luck with your wagers and continue never placing a wager that loses badly Mr. Pro handicapper.
    Last edited by diogee; 04-20-08 at 04:09 PM.

j$

I'll go ahead and answer to this now since I unlike you have a life and cant be here 24/7. Pull Tabs dick out your ass its one game. And wow your stats you put up there really held today huh? Shit happens move on. Best postgame handicapper? I keep track of all my posted picks. Got news yours aren't any better. Your right I dont understand stats thats why my record is always + units cmon get a life

j$

I do lose badly at times but never said I didnt.. Mr. I wanna job at sbr

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Bro I never said that I am a pro handicapper...been doing it for 2.5 months and admit I have a long way to go. I realize that my numbers are completely terrible and I will never be as good as you. Just saying that you hardly ever list your MLB picks and always seem to have a comment on the games other people are on. Best of luck with your plays and I hope you pick up some winners. I have no reason to want a job at SBR...I am getting paid by my job to not work right now so all is good.

j$

I apoligize... I can be a dick at times... I'm not a pro either dont claim to be. I'll start keeping track of my MLB better with a thread with daily picks.. Never said your stats are bad Im sure your way better then me at NBA... I wasnt trying to rip anyone at first maybe I should have phrased it better then I did. Next time Ill just say bad beat so no one gets pissed off.

tab

I am sorry that I missed this game badly and I was not the only one. This was a misread. I should have known better to take a pitcher that was 3-0 on the year. Looper did have great numbers in day games last year. I realized that once a pitcher has won 3 or more in a row, its probably better to go against that pitcher. THe odds are stacked against that pitcher to win number 4 in a row or more. Taking the cardinals -1.5 was not a good idea. Looper had won both of previous two starts on the runline (Cardinals -1.5). Trying to win a 3rd in a row on the runline is very difficult to do. We need to pay attention to pitchers on winning streaks.

j$

It was a good bet... just a bad beat but I do remember Looper struggling last year beginning of the season...Not looking at stats but this is like the 3rd time Frisco pitchers have almost thrown no hitter-shutouts against Cards this year.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

I apoligize... I can be a dick at times... I'm not a pro either dont claim to be. I'll start keeping track of my MLB better with a thread with daily picks.. Never said your stats are bad Im sure your way better then me at NBA... I wasnt trying to rip anyone at first maybe I should have phrased it better then I did. Next time Ill just say bad beat so no one gets pissed off.
    No problem bro...we all are from time to time. Just the nature of the beast. I look forward to seeing your picks and wish you the best of luck with them. Have a successful MLB season.

tab

I learned a lot from taking the cardinals and a 3-0 pitcher named Looper. We should really fade out 3-0, 4-0 or 5-0 pitchers to lose games. I am fading three starters, with 3-0 records, to lose this friday night (4/25). I will be fading out Ervin Santana (3-0), Ryan Dempster (3-0) and Scott Olsen (3-0) to lose on Friday night. Dempster is a lot like Looper that he is a reliever turned starter. The schedule is tough for the cubs, angels and the marlins. Each of these teams have a schedule where they are playing 15 games in 15 days. This scheduling is tough on the bullpen especially if the starter does not get get a quality start.