Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

ABSOLUTELY Love the Reds tonight (-108)

Yes they clinched last night, and probably celebrated the victory ALL night.
    Yes, Dusty will most likely sit most of the starters, in preparation for the playoffs.

I remember the Indians/Twins played last week, the day after the Twins had clinched. Everyone said the Twins wouldn't be able to play because they'd be hungover, etc, etc.. Gardenhire used his AAA lineup, and was able to still secure a come from behind win.

Well, I don't want to hear the hangover angle again. Plus the Reds play at night, giving them 7 more hours to re-coop compared to what the Twins had. Sure the Reds bench is quite a step down from the starters, but I think Cincy has one of the deepest, if not deepest bench in the league. These guys will try and earn themselves some PT come playoffs next week. I have no problem having almost even money on Janish, Francisco, Alonso, Heisey and company.

Plus, home field implications are still in the air, as the Reds can avoid the Phillies and get home field for the NLDS. This makes me believe if Dusty doesnt use his starters, he call upon them in big at bats if need be.

All of this coupled with Cueto, who is proving to be an ultimate competitor. He will be looking to make ammends for his last start, and get himself on track for either Game 1 or 2 next week. Also, I'm not a big fan of Figueora, as he's not a shutdown guy and will get touched up a bit at very least.

Going to wait, but will be making a nice sized play here.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Reds tonight.

Did you hear 700 WLW this morning? One of the upper managers was on the radio saying how he and the organizatio was out untill about 8am this morning. All of the reds players were at bars till the wee hours last night downtown.

GOing to be hard to support a team when Votto, Rolen, Bruce and probably Phillips are going to be out of the lineup tonight.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I heard this same story last week with Minnesota....and we remember what happened then. Plus that was a 12:20pm start.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    I heard this same story last week with Minnesota....and we remember what happened then. Plus that was a 12:20pm start.
    Indians had that game won basically. Indians are worst then Astros though. But i see what your saying.

Hopefully our boys keep winning.

I got screwed on Phillies yeterday after the same thing, clinchingthe day before.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Not this anywhere the same, but I remember in College, we had a Saturday doubleheader at home and it had rained ALL day Friday and there was 90% chance of rain the whole day Saturday. Needless to say, I had too many adult beverages to count, got home at who knows what time, and then got to the bllpark the next morning around 10am. The skies cleared and we had to play ball, and I felt awful.
    Regardless, I had one of my best weekends of my career, topped off with a two HR game, including a walk off bomb. I only hit 11 in my career, so 2 in a game was unheard of for me.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Myabe I won't go as BIG as I had stated, but still a play in my opinion.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Hmmm yeah it willl be interesting.

Cueto wont go deep though, just to save his arm a bit.

zeusky
    zeusky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Take the Astros RL and parlay it with Twins RL (might have to be the alternative run line in some books).

Regul8er
    Wordd

Andddddddd......I lost. No biggie as I got on the Twins late to salvage the day.
    Cant get em all.