tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rockies at Padres (Wednesday)

Rockies team total over 4 runs(-105)

The rockies were shut out Tuesday night and they will be facing Justin Germano who is 0-3 lifetime vs the rockies with a 8.34 ERA in 5 career starts. Germano has given up 30 hits, 12 walks and 26 runs in only 22.2 innings vs the Rockies. Germano has pitched well to start this season as he did last season when he started the year 5-0. Main reason Germano pitched well early in 2007 was that he was facing teams for the first time in his career and he did have that advantage. Germano pitched well in his first start in 2004 against the rockies by allowing 3 hits and 2 unearned runs in 6 innings. After that start against the rockies, Germano has been hit hard by the rockies. Germano had 4 more starts against the rockies since 2004. The rockies got the better of Germano in those 4 starts. After not allowing an earned run in his first career start against the rockies, Germano allowed 21 earned runs, 24 total runs in 16.2 innings (next 4 starts vs the rockies). I like the rockies chances of scoring over 4 runs since they were shut out tonite and they face Peavy on Wednesday. The Rockies know that they may not get much of an opportunity to score runs against Peavy on Thursday. Does anyone have feeback?
    Last edited by tab; 04-16-08 at 01:26 AM. Reason: corr

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I almost played the Rockies tommorow it looks solid. I am just a little worried about a team reaching tomorrow after struggling mightily last night. Its just so hard to predict how they will react....but I think its a solid play.

FADEME
    FADEME's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would probably pass on this one. The 2 starts he had last year against the Rockies were in Colorado. This one is in Petco. I dont hold too much on the 2004 starts...two different teams back then...out of the 14 games Padres have played this year they ve only give up more than 4 in 4 of the 14, i think. But hey u never know, maybe hoffman gets in the game and throws his great changeup, oh wait that was his 80 mph fastball.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Go Rockies tomorrow.

tab

The rockies team total over 4 runs looking good now with the rockies leading 10-2 lead in bottom of the 9th inning. The Rockies scored 7 runs in the top of the 9th inning. Makes a lot of sense to take the road team on the team total over bet. The road team will have the top of the 9th inning to score runs whereas the home team may not bat in the bottom of the 9th (home team wins without batting in the bottom of the 9th).
    Last edited by tab; 04-16-08 at 11:44 PM. Reason: corr

JJJROC
    JJJROC's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Rockies tommorow............ Not only do they hit Peavy well.....but the Rockies have absoulty owned the padres in this series..........The pads got there win for the series in Game 1,, Go Rockies Here.............Great play with value !!!! GO ROCKIES GO !!

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

damn, why did i take the padres. that 9th inning was painful to watch. i was hoping for a padres come back.

JJJROC
    JJJROC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Although the pads hitters hit francis well as well......................??? That s not a good sign...............might just stay awy from this 1 ....I like the runs here though !!!!!!!!!!!!!! tough game .... but I think itll b high scoring !!!

tab

Brewers at Cardinals

Brewers team total over 4.5 runs (+105 at the Greek)

Lohse has 7 career starts against the Brewers. He is 3-3 lifetime with a 5.66 ERA. The brewers as a team are hitting .302 against Lohse. Lohse has allowed 51 hits, 9 walks and 32 runs in 41.1 innings vs the brewers lifetime. The Brewers did not have much success success against Looper, Wainwright and the cardinal bullpen in the first 2 games of this series. This is a day game and brerwer hitters are much better hitters in day games. Prediction: Brewers not only score runs against Lohse but also tag the cardinal bullpen for more runs. I like taking the brewers team total over on road games because of having an extra at bats (top of the 9th inning). If this was home game for the brewers, I would not even consider taking the team total going over because the brewers may not bat in the bottom of the 9th inning. Anyone else has any feeback on this game? Good luck and lets cash in the over 4.5 runs.
    Last edited by tab; 04-17-08 at 12:25 AM. Reason: corr

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

your specialty is team totals

good luck tomorrow.

tab

I like team totals where the books are paying the plus money like the brewers team total going over 4.5 runs (+105). Betting team totals is very new for me as I have never betted like this before. I think its easier to predict what one team is going to do than versus what 2 teams are going to do. Wednesday night I had the Rockies over 4 runs and I was lucky to have the extra at bats in the top of the 9th inning.