hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Leyland cracks the whip, are the Tigers a play today???

Just read this article where Jim Leyland cracked the whip, saying the Tigers gave up. Are the Tiger's a play at -150. Hard to believe a (2-10) is a -150 favorite. Any thought?

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss...detroit_t.html

thegreatdiatchi
    thegreatdiatchi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Normally I would consider it but according to the advice i've been getting it's not wise to chase a team on a slump. While I think this is a good motivation tactic & the pitching matchup looks in Detroit's favor you are probably better off holding your chips until the Tigers actually get a few games in the win column.

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tigers Runline All In Pal

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really like the over here. Bonderman is not a great pitcher and the Tigs bats are due to explode on someone. This Blackburn kid is a major leaguer but he is no Tim Lincecum.

chipski
    chipski's Avatar Become A Pro!

slow start does not define a good teams season or 2nd half of the month

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21 View Post
    Are the Tiger's a play at -150. Hard to believe a (2-10) is a -150 favorite. Any thought?

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss...detroit_t.html
    whenever you have a team that was hyped up before the season , a team that aquires anothers teams cleanup hitter ... a team we had such high expectations for .... loses
    you ALWAYS have to look for a winning streak to start . before we know it we will look up and see the Tigers have won 5 in a row.
    will it be tonight they start a winning streak ?
    if bonderman can pitch well then they most likely get the W
    tonight , if Det pitchers give it up then just like any team they could lose . this doesn't help right , well , I say what has happened to Det thus far put them in THE SLOW STARTER CATEGORY and thats the only category it puts them in .
    What Det has done so far means very little in how they will do the rest of the month of april .
    If Det gets some quality pitching this week , they should be just fine , forget about their slow start .
    We all know they have great players that make up their team and a passionate manager , at least I think he is

chipski

put some wins together

Quote Originally Posted by chipski View Post
    before we know it we will look up and see the Tigers have won 5 in a row.
    will it be tonight they start a winning streak ?
    I say what has happened to Det thus far put them in THE SLOW STARTER CATEGORY and thats the only category it puts them in .
    What Det has done so far means very little in how they will do the rest of the month of april .
    If Det gets some quality pitching this week , they should be just fine , forget about their slow start .
    Tigers go to Clev for 2 wed thurs then they head to Canada .
    Sabathia gets to show us why he is a dirty mo fo and will throw games whenever he likes . Indians will not be a big fav so he wont throw batting practice vs Det .
    If the Tigers can beat Clev both games they should take 3 out of 4 from Tor , NO CLOSER FOR TOR IS A BEAATCHHH .
    Tigers at BJays seems complicated on the surface because of the Tigers horrible start and the BJays inconsistent ways thus far .
    BJays sweep the RSox then get swept by the As , then the BJays sweep the Rangers IN TEXAS . lmao
    If anyone had those things occuring please message me , you are a bonafide guru and best ever .

So , back to the topic of the Tigers probable streaking , with the Tigers playing 6 games from now til sunday , imagine they win all 6 . Heads would be spinning and people would think mlb made no sense at all .
    STREAK

chipski

Personal files . I have been on the $ with both AL games thus far so I need Det and Tor to give me a 4 - 0 AL sweep for tues.. fade me on 1 of those if you like either of those puppies .

Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

I am staying away from tigers for now, they scare me...

Its a long season

chipski

Quote Originally Posted by Saunders FTW View Post
    I am staying away from tigers for now, they scare me...

Its a long season
    right right , that would be one way of thinking I respect but totaly disagree with at the same time .
    Tigers go on winning streak , when do you jump in the car ?
    usually the average to above average capper will jump IN ONLY AFTER A TEAM STARTS WINNING .
    So they win 3 or 4 in a row , you jump in on a fri or sat and catch an L and miss the 4 W$s .

examples are too many and vary to much to make any concrete ....
    usually a team will switch gears and most will jump in the car when it's out of gas for a spell .

Saunders FTW

I def see your point, but as a very conservative gambla, I stay away if they are going through losses

Cloak & Dagger
    Cloak & Dagger's Avatar Become A Pro!

last time they went on a tear when leyland said they needed to step up publicly

if there was any time to jump on DET it would be NOW

Saunders FTW

i guess we will see

Cloak & Dagger

i guess we will see
    put it this way....if they lose the next few games even after the callout by leyland

then you will know they are a garbage team

and you go against them all year long...

chipski

to quote an announcer , "these guys are sleeping giants .

Have noticed Polanco , Renteria , others not getting the timely hits like they will eventually . Hell , the whole lineup will get hot . I see them taking 3 of 4 in Tor .
    The Tigers at Indians is cold vs cold so that should be a very interesting 2 game series in Clev .
    Galaragga vs Sabathia , now that is some funny shit there to the naked eye , but is a play on Tigers or no play at all .
    Most def a play on the over as well .
    If Sabat decides to pitch great then that's fine , if Tigers continue to not hit with men in scoring position , I will not mind the L too much .

Would seem a chase on Tigers to wake up sure , but this will only be true if they lose to Minn tonight , down 4 - 2 in 7th inn

If I could bet right now I would take the Tigers down 2 runs in the 7th

Cloak & Dagger

2 comeback wins on back to back nights....looks like leyland knows how to light a fire eh?

Saunders FTW

wow, even if the tigers have a horrible year, im just too scared to bet against them because of that powerful line up

chipski

wow, even if the tigers have a horrible year, im just too scared to bet against them because of that powerful line up
    feel ya , the way the tigers started so poorly will stick in people's minds for awhile , but will be a distant memory like most things overshadowed by their recent success .
    this time next month it will be like it never happened .

though their pitching could be somewhat suspect , what AL teams isint , most are any given day questionable at best .
    good AL pitcher gives up 3 in 5 or 6 inn , he did a good job .

Cloak & Dagger

feel ya , the way the tigers started so poorly will stick in people's minds for awhile , but will be a distant memory like most things overshadowed by their recent success .
    this time next month it will be like it never happened .

though their pitching could be somewhat suspect , what AL teams isint , most are any given day questionable at best .
    good AL pitcher gives up 3 in 5 or 6 inn , he did a good job .
    well since the leyland callout...2 wins

+money tomorrow against the slumping indians and garbage sabathia

no need to get off the train now....

chipski

Sleeping Giants

Quote Originally Posted by daddyjj420 View Post
    well since the leyland callout...2 wins

+money tomorrow against the slumping indians and garbage sabathia

no need to get off the train now....
    9 - 1 in the 5th , niceeee DaddyJJ .

no comeback tonight , nail the coffin shut !

Cloak & Dagger

9 - 1 in the 5th , niceeee DaddyJJ .

no comeback tonight , nail the coffin shut !
    ya baby...thats 3 in a row

no need to jump off the train now