Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Early but thoughts on NYY/TB Tuesday..... Petttite vs Jackson

Been only two starts but Jackson has looked like Bob Gibson this year. Since I live in Tampa I tend to get the homer glasses, any opinions on this game? Is Jackson worth a bet here? I think he got his first win last year in late June, he really struggled but came on a little bit towards the end. Could he be the real deal?

Patrick McIrish

Current line at BetJM:

NYY 130
    TB +120

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

since yanks suck and tb always seems to beat them in tb, i would love tb tmrw

good call

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    Been only two starts but Jackson has looked like Bob Gibson this year. Since I live in Tampa I tend to get the homer glasses, any opinions on this game? Is Jackson worth a bet here? I think he got his first win last year in late June, he really struggled but came on a little bit towards the end. Could he be the real deal?

Jackson is just picking up where he left off last year. The TB bats are struggling which really surprises me given how up the players were all spring training. Did you read all those quotes they gave about having high morale, being up, etc. Last year Tampa Bay was consistently hitting the stuffing out of the ball. This year they are struggling. The Yankees hitting is disaster this year but their pitching is solid. I think this game is too close to call. I like the UNDER though.

Patrick McIrish

Yeah I too lean towards the under Curious. It is weird, I thought the Rays would hit better this year, not worse. I love they brought up Longoria though, I really believe this kid is the real deal, maybe he will provide a spark.

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd like to see 135 or more somewhere for tb before id play'em. I wouldn't consider playing the yanks here.

Patrick McIrish

Quote Originally Posted by mofome View Post
    I'd like to see 135 or more somewhere for tb before id play'em. I wouldn't consider playing the yanks here.

Nope, me either. Not going to lay chalk on the road and try to guess whether or not Jackson is for real. He's been all but unhittable so far this year. Of course that won't continue but hasn't taken much to shut down the Yanks offense so far this season. One thing I will say is Pettitte has pretty much dominated my Rays his entire career. Like Curious said I know I like the under, it's still going to be Tampa or nobody for the side.

mofome

Nope, me either. Not going to lay chalk on the road and try to guess whether or not Jackson is for real. He's been all but unhittable so far this year. Of course that won't continue but hasn't taken much to shut down the Yanks offense so far this season. One thing I will say is Pettitte has pretty much dominated my Rays his entire career. Like Curious said I know I like the under, it's still going to be Tampa or nobody for the side.

perhaps a tb ff if i can get them at the same line as the game. the tb pen isn't too reliable while the yanks will have joba ready should the game be close late.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I too lean towards the under Curious. It is weird, I thought the Rays would hit better this year, not worse. I love they brought up Longoria though, I really believe this kid is the real deal, maybe he will provide a spark.
    Maybe the hitters just got discouraged at the end of the year. Horrible pitching will discourage the hitters. They had so many games where they scored lots of runs and were in the lead and then the bullpen gave the game away. That gets to you after awhile.

One trade TBay made last year I thought was a mistake. A veteran. Wigginton. He was a leader on the team. The Delmon Young trade I thought was totally insane. I think all these trades maybe upset the chemistry of the team.

I think the TBay management is on some serious crack. Their top 4 hitters average 3 games each. I'm not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree but I think if these hitters played every day, that might be a good idea.

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Maybe the hitters just got discouraged at the end of the year. Horrible pitching will discourage the hitters. They had so many games where they scored lots of runs and were in the lead and then the bullpen gave the game away. That gets to you after awhile.

One trade TBay made last year I thought was a mistake. A veteran. Wigginton. He was a leader on the team. The Delmon Young trade I thought was totally insane. I think all these trades maybe upset the chemistry of the team.

I think the TBay management is on some serious crack. Their top 4 hitters average 3 games each. I'm not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree but I think if these hitters played every day, that might be a good idea.

The Delmon trade was awful unless hes just a head case.

CashMoney
    CashMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Jackson is going to be good but not against Andy. Andy throws a gem but then again don't listen to me either as I have the homer glasses on as well.

dannyt76
    dannyt76's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mofome View Post
    perhaps a tb ff if i can get them at the same line as the game. the tb pen isn't too reliable while the yanks will have joba ready should the game be close late.
    Joba left the game last night against the Red Sox to go home to be with his father who fell and got hurt. Yanks placed him on the bereavement list and he will be out for at least 3 days.

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by dannyt76 View Post
    Joba left the game last night against the Red Sox to go home to be with his father who fell and got hurt. Yanks placed him on the bereavement list and he will be out for at least 3 days.

yeah good info, i just read that. cant play the yanks.