JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Give it time....It's still early!

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

He just got through a 1-2-3 inning. I'm more concerned with the lack of hits against Correia.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

its just funny, how a team who looked good plays down to the worst team in baseball, but thats why baseball is the doggiest sport of them all.

JamesBrown

Wainwright has a better batting average than half of the Giants team!

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry guys I jinxed the play, it is the last leg of a 3 team parlay for me. It has no chance.

JamesBrown

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    Sorry guys I jinxed the play, it is the last leg of a 3 team parlay for me. It has no chance.

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown View Post
    Wainwright has a better batting average than half of the Giants team!
    and that is why its sad that they are losing.

thegreatdiatchi
    thegreatdiatchi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    Well that explains it.

MOONCRICKET
    MOONCRICKET's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

the entire world is on st louis - sf sux and stl is 7-2 and the line opened at stl -120 - 90% of the time a situation like this comes up the seemingly weaker side becomes the obvious play. seems like such a trap line an so far it looks every bit of a sf, sfunder. total dropped to 7.5. there arent any guarantees in sports but it usually never fails that a line that seems too good to be true is almost an automatic signal to go the other way.

pokernut9999

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdiatchi View Post
    Well that explains it.
    I did take SF +130 to get a small profit , had a feeling after last nights game.

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by MOONCRICKET View Post
    the entire world is on st louis - sf sux and stl is 7-2 and the line opened at stl -120 - 90% of the time a situation like this comes up the seemingly weaker side becomes the obvious play. seems like such a trap line an so far it looks every bit of a sf, sfunder. total dropped to 7.5. there arent any guarantees in sports but it usually never fails that a line that seems too good to be true is almost an automatic signal to go the other way.
    OH MAN....HAHAH I JUSt fell out of my chair when I read your user name

MOONCRICKET
    MOONCRICKET's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

glad you like it austin. or at least i think you like it - either that or you are laughing AT me in which case my feelings would be hurt, but funny username or not im 7-0 in this baseball contest and i have yet to handicap a game. i just see lines that should be -170 and are actually -120 and i go opposite. keeps things simple. all dogs by the way - too many phony favorites early in the year. i love the start of seasons. they are dog bettors paradise. good luck to you the rest of the year, man.

austintx05

glad you like it austin. or at least i think you like it - either that or you are laughing AT me in which case my feelings would be hurt, but funny username or not im 7-0 in this baseball contest and i have yet to handicap a game. i just see lines that should be -170 and are actually -120 and i go opposite. keeps things simple. all dogs by the way - too many phony favorites early in the year. i love the start of seasons. they are dog bettors paradise. good luck to you the rest of the year, man.
    completely sincere man. I agreed with your above reasoning too. The Cardinals by many were depicted as a horrible team, but they took the series vs Colorado and swept the Nationals so now -140 was an OK price to lay? I think the main theme is, we know the Giants are bad, but even with that being said, no reason to buy into a bad number.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    completely sincere man. I agreed with your above reasoning too. The Cardinals by many were depicted as a horrible team, but they took the series vs Colorado and swept the Nationals so now -140 was an OK price to lay? I think the main theme is, we know the Giants are bad, but even with that being said, no reason to buy into a bad number.
    When put in that perspective, I do agree 100%. I must admit that I got wrapped up in the hype from the forum, and the media outlets myself. If you look back to last season, the Giants pretty much dominated the Cardinals. Instead of looking deeper, I pretty much said, that's cause Barry was in the lineup. I focused on the 7-0 win, and how the kid Correia was going to get lit by the Cards bats, and Albert Pujols. I'll be the first one to admit when I make a stupid choice. This was stupid. Baited by the book's #'s. Period. Oh well, tomorrow is another day, and I guess the only thing for me to be fortunate about here, is that I didn't lay the -140+, I only lost a straight unit on the RL.

pokernut9999

Why would you see that the opening line should be -170. The same pitcher opened up last game on the road vs Milw at -165 and pitched well losing 4-3.