Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Get That Money

Just a couple of leans today with a brief, non-mathematical explanation of each. ALL comments welcome!

TOR RL - Kyle Drabek is one of the Jays' top prospect pitchers and he looked a little nervous his first time out and suffered the loss. Sure, he only allowed 3 runs in 6 innings but the Jays had some great back-up in the field and there easily could have been more runs. Having said that, he is a fantastic pitcher and I expect him to come out with a more relaxed feel at home tonight and get the win. Pauley is coming into the game with 5 starts and no wins. The Jays will take this game and continue to creep towards the Dead Sox. Also, I will go so far as to say that Bautista hits #50 tonight and I will grab the closest titty and cry with joy.

HOU ML - From legend Randy to underrated Wandy. I like this guy. He is slowly becoming a "marquis" pitcher while Marquis is anything but. When the Pooston Gastros started the season at 0-7 or whatever it was, I made a half-serious joke to my buddy..."they'll clinch division". LOL, I wasn't even close but needless to say their second half has been extremely impressive and I think Wandy will hold the pesky Nationals to only a few runs and I expect this game to be a low-scoring affair. Grab Pooston while they are just a slight fave.

PIT +1.5 - I can already hear the groans and moans from my fellow posters but I can also hear the groans and moans coming from the STL locker room. They are jackin' each other off in there and talkin' dirty while other teams continue to jack homers and talk baseball. I have loved betting on teams like the Pirates this year. I can name them all but it will just garner laughs. Morton has made a few improvements over the year but is still a sub-par pitcher and should normally be faded but against Lohse I will take them at +1.5 even with the juice. In fact, I was even thinking about posting PIT ML but thought that would DEFINITELY result in nobody ever messaging me back here haha.

DET ML - When Sherzer is on, he's on and I don't see KC and Davies doing much to get to him today. I had higher hopes for Davies this year but he has let me down and I will definitely fade him today in Detroit as the Tigers continue their "too little too late" campaign. The juice is a flowin' heavy on this one though so maybe a parlay with another pick.

Good luck all, comments, fades/tails welcome.

GetThatMoney

Bluedragon

Bruuutal night.

TOR RL - I can't believe the Jays only put up 3 runs and the Mariners ran all over them. I left this game right after Bautista came inches from the foul pole only to fly out next pitch. I thought for sure he had it there. Would have put the Jays up by 1 and changed the game. I heckled Lopez all game about his turquoise glove, I guess that jinxed it for me as he hit 3, yes three, dingers.

HOU ML - Gah. Stupid nats. I think a lot of people had this one.

PIT +1.5 - Had this one in a parlay with DET and also took PIT ML straight up. Loved it. Don't sleep on the Pirates at home!

DET ML - I think I pooped a little in the 9th but I was dead on about Sherzer. It was juiced but I was fully confident in it and just parlayed with the PIT.

Thanks to all who viewed.

Bluedragon's record since posting - 2wins-2losses-0pushes <2-2-0>

Bluedragon

Plays for today:

TOR ML - I am being stupid here and chasing my loss from last night on the Jays. Fade me please. The line is moving in SEA favour I think so I'm going to play Blue Jays at this price. Disgraceful performance yesterday, they'll turn King Felix into a queen today though.

PIT ML - They did me well last night and I think they will come out strong again today, Burres is better than his numbers show. The Cardinals are no better than their hometown Rams.

HOU +1.5 - There is a lot of juice on this but the Nationals CAN score and may do so late in the game but I don't think HOU lets 'em run away with it. I am going to parlay this with the below pick for a little better payout.

FC Sevilla - I know it's not a baseball play but this is another day-time money maker that I am going to parlay with the above HOU pick.

Good luck all, comments, fades/tails welcome.

GetThatMoney

Bluedragon

Damn. Another embarrassingly shitty night. WTF is up with baseball????

TOR ML - Kind of funny how the only scoring play in the game period was Jose. He's not juicing folks, has a great eye at the plate and swings for the fence (not necessarily good strategy) every time he swings.

PIT ML - Got caught up in the Pirates hype lol. And STL finally looks like a ball club. Fack.

HOU +1.5 - Knew they would lose, but by 5? Shit.

Sevilla - Nothing to say to this. Ridiculous, a fuckin draw????

Hopefully just some first-poster bad luck cuz this is embarrassing. Hope everyone did better than I.

Bluedragon's record since posting - 3wins-5losses-0pushes <3-5-0>

Bluedragon

Plays for today:

STL-CHC UN 11.5 - I had the over on a small play at the last minute last night but wasn't on the message board to read all the posts about people taking the under. I got lucky with the half-point last night I don't think I'll chance it again. I know the wind is blowing like crazy and I should probably take the over again but Wainright is looking for a big win, STL put up 9 yesterday and at this point in the season, I don't think they are going to do it again today.

TOR ML - Yup. Goin with the Blues again. Cecil is great and even though BAL has been the biggest pest in the last month, I think they will slow down for a bit starting with this series. Kudos to the almighty Showalter but Jays will handle them at home.

TCU-SMU OV 54.5/55 - Some lines have it 54.5 others 55. TCU are beasts out there but SMU can also put up a few points and I expect a Friday night spectacle out of this game.

I am also leaning:

SF +1.5 - I'm not convinced Colorado will get back on heavy-hitting track just yet. Lincecum is 1-2 against them this season but I don't see him getting lit up.

Good luck! All comments, fades/tails welcome.

GetThatMoney

Bluedragon

Bounce back day!

STL-CHC UN 11.5
    TOR ML
    TCU-SMU OV 54.5
    SF +1.5

Glad to see this last night. Hope all did well. No real picks today, going to the Toronto FC game! Enjoy the day folks.

Bluedragon's record since posting - 7wins-5losses-0pushes <7-5-0>

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Have a good time.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragon View Post
    Bounce back day!

STL-CHC UN 11.5
    TOR ML
    TCU-SMU OV 54.5
    SF +1.5
    Great day there man! Nice work!

tripleblack1705
    tripleblack1705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 938

Nice rebound pal, lay some $ on bud and the stros tonight

Bluedragon

Thanks everyone!

ya i like the stros but i may just throw a Toronto FC pick and not worry about the baseball. I feel like i need a day off bases. thanks for the tip though!

Bluedragon

One big-ass play tonight:

TOR ML - Jays looked on fire last night (ya I know it was Burnett) and CC is a great pitcher but I still see the Yankees starting to panic and and Toronto will take another win from them tonight.

GetThatMoney

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

love it!

on jays +1.5 at the sick price of -105

Bluedragon

Ya that's friggin' sweet. I thought about that for a looonngg time. Kind of second-guessing myself here now. Should have stuck with the +1.5 to be a little safer but i'll just watch for the win now

bonduforlife
    Bondu means Douche Bag :)
    bonduforlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

im taking the +1.5 aswell

Bluedragon

Fack. NOBODY likes the Jays to win lol????

Sammy 11
    Sammy 11's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck bro, love your plays, Sammy

Bluedragon

LOL thanks man. You have Yanks though...careful brother!

Bluedragon

WTF was I thinking???? FACK. Terrible pick and the closer to game time it got, the more I didn't like it and I did nothing to fade myself and recoup losses. Me = idioootttt.

TOR ML - fackin' stupid.

Bluedragon's record since posting - 7wins-6losses-0pushes <7-6-0>

Bluedragon

Plays for today:

NYM (G2) ML - Can't fux with Dickey in this one.

DET (G2) ML - Verlander has a very impressive record. I like him to shut the Indians down here. I expect heavy run-support too.

TOR ML - LOL!!! Everyone will laugh at me for this one but I have a brief, albeit crazy theory, which is why I kept the other write-ups short. I checked the probable pitchers on sunday and it said Pettite-Cecil. It is Cito Gaston's last night ever as a home coach/manager. He is a very well-respected man across the league and there willl be a big ceremony for him and all and i'm thinking that maybe this pitching matchup was changed from the best NYY pitcher to arguably the worst to give Cito a final home win and farewell. I think they did this all the while knowing that half the public at least will still pound NYY cuz of the league position they are in and necessity to win games from here on in. The lines briefly moved in favour of NYY earlier this afternoon but just recently moved heavy in favour of Jays. Locked 'em in earlier. I know I say Toronto a lot in these picks but they have pretty hot lately so I was riding it out. I PROMISE...No more Jays picks this year if they don't win it

GetThatMoney
    Last edited by Bluedragon; 09-29-10 at 04:42 PM.

Sammy 11

WHATS UP? u dont come in my thread anymore to wish Sammy some luck

Bluedragon

You don't need it. ATL -1.5......c'monnnn son! You groovin' right now.

Bluedragon

And I don't post in that jungle of a thread...I went in...said my piece about limiting insults to people's plays and dumb things said as opposed to sexual oreitnation/race/religion and that's that. I peruse it but it's just a bunch of shit-throwing monkeys in there. Nothing personal, Sammy. You've been nothing but cordial with me, brother.

Sammy 11

dRAGON YOUR RIGHT, Y THREAD IS ALL TANLGED UP, why cant they let u make a new thread each day? i dont get that, 4-0 BRAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED THIS BET BRO, THEN Giants RL, would be perfect, if u need anything let me know, Sammy.

Bluedragon

Recap:

NYM (G2) - Chris Brown hits better than the Mets.
    DET (G2) - Verlander is not deserving of his mustache.
    TOR ML - Cito is ever-deserving of his mustache!

I'm sure by now you have all realized that I do not post my units played. I am not as heavy-hitting as you folks, I will let you know that. However, I played entirely too much of my bank-roll last night on the Jays. easily made up for the other 2 picks. I know that's NEVER smart but I did it anyway. I will continue to not post units played as that is entirely (as is tailing my picks) up to your discretion. My picks are for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. Wasn't a fantastic night but I was at that Jays game and it was a magical game to be at.

Bluedragon's record since posting - 8wins-8losses-0pushes <8-8-0>

Bluedragon

lookin' for a big bounce-back day.

Bluedragon

Lookin' for a big day to get me in the green. Not much baseball happenin' so I'll post my thoughts on other sports as well.

Tampa Bay Rays ML - As we all know, TB suffered a big loss yesterday at home despite loading the bases to start the 1st inning. I had "no runs in the first" so I was glad to see them get out of that but I had thought that was a sign of things to come later in the game. So wrong. Shields has the ability to get lit up but so does Wilson and I think the home team comes through today. I expect the Rays to put up a few early runs and maintain that lead through the game.

ATL- SF OV 6.5 - I know this is supposed to be a low-scoring game but I just don't see it happening. ATL will be hungry for runs and even though Lincecum is one of the best pitchers in the league, he has trouble getting the 3 outs sometimes. I think Doc's no-hitter will be the best pitching feat in these playoffs and some of the other "aces" will get lit up. At such a low number here, I have to take the over.

Toronto Maple Leafs ML - Don't forget about hockey! Always a great Rivalry between these 2 teams. I know the leafs are the butt of NHL jokes but they are different this year. Younger, hungrier and dying to prove it. They will come out strong against a mediocre Montreal team that is not the same team that knocked out shitty Sydney and the Penguins last year.

Nebraska Corn Huskers -11 - Different books have different spreads. In my opinion, this line is off. I guess they are taking into consideration that Kansas State is at home but if Nebraska was at home this line should be around -17or -18. I can't see Kansas State hanging around with Nebraska long in this one at all. don't let KSU record fool you!!

GetThatMoney

Bluedragon

Another frustrating split last night.

TB ML - What a joke. The greatest team to never be.

ATL-SF OV 6.5 - I know the square play was the under but I thought otherwise. It's too easy to call a square. Need some adventure! Enough cats on base to put this over but they couldn't convert.

TOR Maple Leafs ML - I hope some people watched this game. SO exciting. Glad hockey is back! what a difference you see when switching back and forth from baseball to hockey LOL. I love both but the pace change is nice.

Nebraska Corn Huskers -11 - They even covered the over themselves. Big money for you folks I hope!! Warned you not to let KSU record fool you. They suck.

Bluedragon's record since posting - 10wins-10losses-0pushes <10-10-0>

Bluedragon

Few picks for today. I KNOW this is in the MLB thread but there is no MLB and this forum is where I spend most of time on this site. PLEASE let me know if it is really causing a problem that this thread does not encompass MLB picks today. THANKS!

NYI-WSH OV 6 - This pick is on my card because it is at "6". I was debating whether or not to take WSH -1.5 or the over. I love when lines are even, just opens up the possibilities for a partial return. I also took the Capitals at home last time and they shit the bed for me so I think I'm just gonna lay on the total tonight.

PIT-TOR OV 5.5 - The muufuggin' leafs are a different team this year. Young and hungry, they can put the puck in the back of the net. From what I read, the young Gustavsson will be in net for Toronto and despite his talent, he will get rattled by an offensive Pens team. Pittsburgh is also without a couple of blue-liners so expect the hungry Leafs to fire a few past Fleury. I heard from someone Fleury may not play, any more insight anyone? Regardless, I still like the over here and love that it's only 5.5

UCF -the points. Whether you have it at 5,5.5 or 6 I think they cover by a touchdown. I see a lot of people on the other side of this pick but I have to stay with what my gut originally said.

GetThatMoney

Bluedragon

Didn't get any negative feedback about this thread being in MLB forum so I guess it will stay for now until people complain otherwise...
    2/3 night. NOT happy.

NYI-WSH OV 6 - NEVER putting money on the Capitals again this season. Mark my words. I remember now why I facking hate them. 2 Capitals let-downs in a week. Even if I did take the puck line with the Caps -1.5, I still would have lost. Bastards.

PIT-TOR OV 5.5 - Great game to watch. Leafs even pulled off the win. Leafs to the playoffs this year?? Let's dooo iitttt!! lol

UCF -the points - I took it at -6 but it didn't really matter. I'm not usually on the message board at night so I hope that everyone stopped over-thinking the sides and stayed off Marshall at the last minute.

Bluedragon's record since posting - 12wins-11losses-0pushes <12-11-0>

Bluedragon

Alright alright, another season, another dollar!!! Wasn't posting baseball picks for the first little bit of the season cuz I always like the just feel the new season first.

IRONICALLY, my first pick ever in this thread was Toronto Blue Jays and Kyle Drabek taking on the Mariners. Seeing as we have that exact scenario, just different ballparks, it seems like a good time to jump in and make the pick...

Toronto BJ's ML - Drabek should be able to right the ship today and avoid a serious letdown to what started as a strong season. I know we are less than 15 games in but the Jays looked top-form until this shite trip to the west coast. As I go through the batting order for the Jays there are only 2 names that stick out as average hitters...Jose Molina and Juan Rivera. I say Rivera because he DOES NOT want to be in Toronto and shows it in his performance. He has just sucked lately and I can't figure out why they keep fackin' starting him. Makes NO effort. Every other hitter's name I read I'm like "damn, that guy can hit" and because of that I think Jays will be strong contenders this year. Once we get Morrow back, we will have a young but hot pitching staff and if they can keep their nerves cool, it will be a long season for other teams. Today Drabek will show that he may be young but he means biz. Jays will not lay down and take the sweep today.

GetThatMoney

Bluedragon

Toronto BJ's ML

Bluedragon's record since posting - 13wins-11losses-0pushes <13-11-0>

Bluedragon

Baltimore Orioles v. Chicago White Sox - CHI White Sox ML - I think Gavin Floyd is the guy to right this ship at home. The pesky Borioles are no longer a bore but Chicago has just sank so low that I can't see Floyd having a shit-the-bed game today. The price is ok at 1.86, I was kind of hoping it would be a little cheaper seeing as they have a terrible record over the L10 but I'll take it at that price, but no more expensive.

GetThatMoney

Bluedragon

chalking that one up as a loss. no way CHI comes back from 5-0. Where the fuk did these orioles come from?? biggest turn-around in history over 1 off-season?? bloody hell

CHI White Sox ML

Bluedragon's record since posting - 13wins-12losses-0pushes <13-12-0>

pdprodigy
    pdprodigy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Dodgers game is a definite under.

Bluedragon

Quote Originally Posted by pdprodigy View Post
    Dodgers game is a definite under.

LOL thanks man. I have other picks today, don't really need a bail-out but I'll take a look at that...