Everybody, welcome to late September...When divisions are won, the weak teams falter, and the Phillies, well, the Phillies own just about anybody they play. Tonight, on the mound for the Phils is Cy Young candidate Roy Halladay, looking for win number 20...On the mound for the Braves, rookie lefty, Mike Minor, who after a couple welcome to the major league good starts, has been touched up in his last 3 outings

First, let's break this game down...Phils are looking for a 5 game lead in the division, best record in baseball, and another trip to the playoffs. The Braves have been in a slight downward spiral and are holding on for dear life to make the playoffs. That is the only chance I give them at winning this game....simple desperation...the Phillies are red hot right now, have their ace on the mound, and are at home...seems like all good reasons why the Phils will win this game....The Phils are the play tonight, and taking the under should be a solid play too, as long as Minor does not get roughed up, which he very well may...I see Halladay maybe giving up 2 runs....The Phils, even with a lefty on the mound should be able to get at least 4 runs in this 1, so the -1.5 may also be a decent play, although that is always dangerous...I prefer to take the -1, just to save myself if they only win by a run
Here are some stats for some extra support for both the Phils…
· Phillies are 4-0 in their last 4 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
· Phillies are 6-1 in their last 7 games vs. a left-handed starter ( My favorite stat!)
· Phillies are 6-1 in their last 7 during game 2 of a series.
· Phillies are 22-5 in their last 27 vs. National League East.
· Phillies are 5-0 in Halladays last 5 starts when their opponent scores 2 runs or less in their previous game.
· Phillies are 4-0 in Halladays last 4 starts with 5 days of rest.
· Phillies are 12-1 in Halladays last 13 starts vs. National League East.
· Phillies are 8-1 in Halladays last 9 starts with the total set at 7.0-8.5.
· Phillies are 7-1 in Halladays last 8 starts as a home favorite.
· Phillies are 7-1 in Halladays last 8 home starts.
· Phillies are 6-1 in Halladays last 7 home starts with the total set at 7.0-8.5.
· Phillies are 6-1 in Halladays last 7 starts vs. a team with a winning record.
· Phillies are 5-1 in Halladays last 6 starts as a home favorite of -201 or greater.
· Phillies are 5-1 in Halladays last 6 starts after allowing 2 runs or less in their previous game.
· Phillies are 14-3 in Halladays last 17 starts as a favorite of -201 or greater.
· Phillies are 9-2 in Halladays last 11 starts as a favorite.
· Phillies are 9-2 in Halladays last 11 starts.
· Phillies are 9-2 in Halladays last 11 starts on grass.
· Phillies are 4-1 in Halladays last 5 home starts vs. a team with a winning record.
· Phillies are 4-1 in Halladays last 5 starts during game 2 of a series.
That should be enough to sway anyone to the Phils side tonight…Score Phils 5 Braves 2