polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

Quit with the "LOCKS"

I know I'm a newbie, but I have been doing well on my own thank god....Yall need to quit with these locks...first that Illusion with his bankroll mlb strategy opp run line goes 0-8 on the first day, which is retarded..then poses another strategy on the Raptors claiming they only have to win 1 of their next 4 games(although losing straight up even though they were -10 and -500)..Then the claim of the Mariners, the lock of the week who got spanked, and then Markum for the bluejays who is gonna get destryed and is a nobody(even though hes 3-1 with a 2.1 era vs the sox)..not to mention the absolute awful college basketball locks....man, there's some really good views and chatter but stop with the locks...if the patriots could lose the superbowl than anything is now possible..the only smart bet the whole day was Tulsa @home...they only lost twice all year at home and one of those were to memphis..That was simple research and simple logic...do your research and stop with the locks, sometimes it simple to pick a winner

polishkielbasa10

not trying to be a dick, but I tend to think by laying this lock word, some people can get away from laying that bet on something they have no business betting on before they do research...example being if one bet on all the GREAT CANT LOSE LOCKS today, they'd would have been 1-6

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am quite sure that you are confusing Illusion with somebody else first off and he in no way belongs in your "list". The only lock that I will give you is the fact that I will never post a lock.

polishkielbasa10

the only reason some are using that, is to psych themselves out of feeling so bad if they do lose..."I can't believe they lost, that never should have happened."

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Replace the word "lock" with "fade" in your mind, and play it that way. I guarantee if you do that, you won't be complaining about it anymore, you'll be happy to see "lock".

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Just the opposite if somebody posts a "lock" with a play that you are already on. Makes you think twice everytime and want to hedge it and eat the juice.

polishkielbasa10

i'm telling you, it's all psychological...fade/lock what have you...I know those words are very convincing for someone reading these posts and don't know what their doing..I've caught myself on 1 occasion saying, well he's posted that this is going to be "safe" and comes up a loser...

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

True...I am sure that a lot of lurkers or new posters play those locks thinking that they can't lose. I know that I have played some locks when I first joined here and had no idea how to handicap a game. I never post picks in a flamboyant way because I would feel bad having people jump on board just to lose. I just cap the games and play the ones I feel I have an edge on...plain and simple.

St. Andrew
    St. Andrew's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love seeing "LOCK", "GOY", etc. They are fun to read.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by diogee View Post
    I am quite sure that you are confusing Illusion with somebody else first off and he in no way belongs in your "list". The only lock that I will give you is the fact that I will never post a lock.
    Dio, that is the only lock I"ve ever posted.....I'm locked and blocked on that one.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

The only people who believe in locks are those who haven't played enough to understand there is no locks. I've had some extremely good selections (never a lock) then something stupid happens (QB goes down, stupid special teams play, forget to show up for the 2nd half after being up 20 etc) that have lost so I know what can happen.

Fadethefish.com is hot right now and fading truelionsports.com is going to be hot.

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I Lose Both Ill Quit For A While , Otherwise......... LIKE 2 DAYS