fox sixers
    fox sixers's Avatar Become A Pro!

BLOG: September 16

I do not have a strong opinion/play on anything today, but decided to help everyone out on 1 game and give my thoughts. I am not sure if I am going to play it.

Padres +110 at Cardinals

Cardinals have just been playing awful. To me, they have tanked in their season. They have given up. The way they played against the Cubs was disgraceful. Cards have won 7 straight in St. Louis against the Padres. That's my scare a bit for taking the Padres today. Padres on the other hand have been playing much better since their big 10 game losing streak. They had a tough series with the Rockies, but I don't see that stopping them tonight.

St. Louis Cardinals are 74-70 in the 2010 season. They are 2-5 in their last 7 games. They have had a lot of trouble hitting in 2010. Could only score 1, 2, and 3 runs at home against the Cubs in 3 straight loses. They should be playing for their lives, however, they just look dead. How do you back a team like this? How do you even consider a OVER bet with a team that can't hit? They hit a little better as of late on the road than what they do at home. And they are at home again TONIGHT. 5-10 on Thursdays. 5-9 in September games. Padres have a strong chance to win tonight.

San Diego Padres are 82-63 in 2010. 8 games over .500 after a loss. They are more healthy lately and I believe they will come to play tonight. They have been hitting better lately as well, given it's in Colorado, but still a positive sign. Padres are 9-5 in games where they are the underdog between +100 and +125. 40-32 in road games in 2010. Not much off Cards at home where Cards are 42-27 at home..

The pitching matchup tonight is TIM STAUFFER going for the Padres vs. JAKE WESTBROOK, going for the Cards.

Stauffer, has been pitching nicely in his few starts this season after coming out of the bullpen for most of season pitching very well. He is 2-1 this season with a 0.60 ERA in his starts. Has a 1.54 ERA overall pitching in 28 games. Did not give up a run in his only away start of the season in Houston back in May. I realize he struggled against Cardinals last year, but given Cards struggles as of late. I just believe Padres will win this game. His overall starts in 2009 were very solid with a 3.58 ERA.

Westbrook has a home ERA of 4.02 6-7 at home. 10-19 overall. given some of those stats is when he was with Indians. Westbrook has lost his last 2 out of 3 games all 3 coming on the road. Have not been impressed with his stats this season and his pitching. He has gotten very little run support at home playing for Cards losing 2 out of 3 games. Lost against Giants and Houston. Teams that do not hit either. Won his 1 start at home against the Cubs who have sub par pitching in 2010 in a start by Thomas Diamond who is awful. Cards are 2-6 in Westbrook's 8 starts.

Padres have won 2 out of 3 against Cards in San Diego earlier this year. Yes, Cards are 0-7 in St. Louis, but they haven't played this season and overall this is a different Padres team.

Below are trends/stats to back up this play.

• Padres are 6-2 in their last 8 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
    • Padres are 5-2 in their last 7 road games vs. a team with a winning record.
    • Padres are 36-17 in their last 53 vs. National League Central.
    • Padres are 6-0 in Stauffers last 6 starts vs. a team with a winning record.
    • Padres are 7-2 in Stauffers last 9 starts.
    • Padres are 7-2 in Stauffers last 9 starts on grass.
    • Padres are 5-2 in Stauffers last 7 starts with the total set at 7.0-8.5

• Cardinals are 6-14 in their last 20 games following a loss.
    • Cardinals are 2-6 in their last 8 Thursday games.
    • Cardinals are 1-4 in their last 5 games as a home favorite.
    • Cardinals are 1-4 in their last 5 games as a favorite of -110 to -150.
    • Cardinals are 1-4 in their last 5 games vs. a right-handed starter.
    • Cardinals are 1-4 in their last 5 home games.
    • Cardinals are 1-4 in their last 5 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.
    • Cardinals are 1-5 in their last 6 overall.
    • Cardinals are 1-5 in their last 6 games on grass.
    • Cardinals are 0-4 in their last 4 games as a favorite.
    • Cardinals are 0-5 in their last 5 when their opponent allows 5 runs or more in their previous game.
    • Cardinals are 1-4 in Westbrooks last 5 starts as a favorite.
    • Cardinals are 1-4 in Westbrooks last 5 starts.
    • Cardinals are 1-4 in Westbrooks last 5 starts on grass.
    • Cardinals are 1-5 in Westbrooks last 6 starts with the total set at 7.0-8.5.
    • Cardinals are 0-4 in Westbrooks last 4 starts following a team loss in their previous game.
    • Cardinals are 0-4 in Westbrooks last 4 starts with 4 days of rest.

Good luck to all! Hope this was very helpful. Do think as you can see from the above infomation, Padres get this win.
    Last edited by fox sixers; 09-16-10 at 02:06 PM.

fox sixers

Any thoughts anybody on UNDER 7.5 for this game? I just see both offenses struggling..

sportcap
    sportcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7133

Great write up, this may be the best play on a light board today! Cards suck and they owe me some money! Why are they even a fav today gets me, let's get it padres!

fox sixers

Pads are 0-7 last 7 in St. Louis, thats why. and Stauffer struggled against Cards last season.. but overall is a solid pitcher the last couple seasons.. Westbrook isn't anything special and with Cards not hitting....

in2win3
    in2win3's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also, the Padres have to travel to St Louis after a tough series out west...The best play tonight might be the Twins once again...CWS are done...but still, not much to play tonight...I like the over in the North Carolina State game tonight....i think it's a very good play

sportcap
    sportcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7133

Line is moving away from the pads..hmmm

fox sixers

line moving away but not much. its at +114. no big deal line movement...

fox sixers

made the wrong play on this and should of gone with the UNDER. My writeup reads UNDER.. but that wasn't the play! you learn more when you don't make the right play than when you do.. Cards play VERY well AT HOME against winning teams.. you live and learn...