JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Decent Dog - Halladay/Wang tommorow

My eyeballs keep winding up looking at that +155 every time I open up the lines. Am I nuts or does that seem a little high?

In contrast you had Webb/Harang today at -110/+100 at some point in the day today. I'm not trying to compare apples to oranges....but Halladay @ +155?

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

all depends how Wang's sinker is moving

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah its crazy. The square bettors love the Yankees. Maybe its because of their home opener record, I dunno.
    Until he proves otherwise, I will always take Halladay at any plus margin. How could you not?

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

i'm curious as to why the lines gone up from today to tomorrow that much

only difference is nite vs day game

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

any opinions on the over/under for Tor/NYY???

St. Andrew
    St. Andrew's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm thinking very strongly about taking Toronto. I am seeing some stats that are unbelievable. I'll put them togther in a few minutes. Wow

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Reason game opened higher is books saw all the action on Yankees today that pushed Blue Jays up to +152 at scheduled gametime.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

StAndrew,

Would those include Halladay allowing two earned runs in his last four starts at Yankee Stadium?

JBC77

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    StAndrew,

Would those include Halladay allowing two earned runs in his last four starts at Yankee Stadium?
    Thats a piece of pie to chew on.

OLGC_Slayer

Everything points towards take a chance on the Jays.

JBC77

The only question is slayer.....wait to see if more Yankee inflation kicks in, or pull the trigger before it slides down a bit. I don't think the number will last, but you never know it's the Yanks with their ace on the mound.

OLGC_Slayer

I played the Jays last night at +142 on Pinnacle, and at one point this morning the squares must have jumped all over the Yanks cause it drove up to I think +154 at one point.
    The only number I can think of in the Yanks favour here is their opening day record the last 15 years or so. Nothing else says Yanks should be such a heavy favourite.

St. Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by OLGC_Slayer View Post
    I played the Jays last night at +142 on Pinnacle, and at one point this morning the squares must have jumped all over the Yanks cause it drove up to I think +154 at one point.
    The only number I can think of in the Yanks favour here is their opening day record the last 15 years or so. Nothing else says Yanks should be such a heavy favourite.
    Slayer, I just can't do it yet. That Yankees line-up scares the living shit out of me and I think Halladay will be nervy in this game. Obviously he is terrific, but the Yankees led EVERY statistical batting category last year in the AL. I think Halladay is better than Wang by far, but I also think the Yanks can manufacture runs even in games that they should lose. Laying off, good luck with this dog if you play it! I'll be rooting for your Jays.

OLGC_Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by St. Andrew View Post
    Slayer, I just can't do it yet. That Yankees line-up scares the living shit out of me and I think Halladay will be nervy in this game. Obviously he is terrific, but the Yankees led EVERY statistical batting category last year in the AL. I think Halladay is better than Wang by far, but I also think the Yanks can manufacture runs even in games that they should lose. Laying off, good luck with this dog if you play it! I'll be rooting for your Jays.
    Its risky to be sure. But when I factor the risk against the reward I think its worth a unit. The Yanks arent going to go 81-0 at home, they may as well lose tomorrow to one of the best pitchers in the league. We'll see what happens.
    Halladay loves throwing at Yankee Stadium. I also know as a Jays fan he prefers working in cooler temperatures as opposed to extreme heat. He is a bulldog.
    Now if Burnett was on the mound its a different story. That man is a jellyfish and the only way I would take the Jays is if the line was +175

St. Andrew

I see you hit it at +142, are you going to hit it again at the higher number?

OLGC_Slayer

I think so Saint. Anything over +125, lest someone gives me some lean info that blows my mind and makes me back off.
    Do you have something up your sleeve?

Meestermike
    Meestermike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3902

Bet Jam has it still sitting at +155

Code:
    Write in Game
    963	Toronto Blue Jays
    R Halladay -R 	+1 ½   -140	+155	O: 9       +105		
    964	New York Yankees
    C Wang -R 	-1 ½   +120	-165	U: 9       -125

JBC77

Anyone grab the +155? It's 147 on BetJam, I took a shot last night. Good luck guys. Should be a helluva matchup.

CashMoney
    CashMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Here's some food for thought...

Halladay is 10-4 with a 2.99 ERA career against the Yankees. In his lat 8 starts againts the Yanks he's 4-0 with a 1.77 ERA and in his last 12 starts, 7-1 with a 2.04 ERA. Wang was 0-2 with a 6.35 ERA in three starts against the Jays last year.

I'm a die hard, life long Yanks fan and although I think the Yanks may be able to pull off a win I don't see them winning by more then a run. It will be interesting to see how Wang does tonight considering he sucked against the Indians (he threw on 3 days rest for the 1st time in his career) in the playoffs last year and didn't have a great spring. It all depends on how his Sinker is dancing tonight.

OLGC_Slayer

There you go. 3-2 game. Could have went either way. Congrats to anyone on the Yanks. 8 and 9 innings look like locks this year with Chamberlain to Rivera.