paul Mordeeb
    paul Mordeeb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Cost of Tickets to a Baseball Game?!?!?

I have been bringing up four tickets to any LA Dodger game for $285 ea. Family of 4 would cost $1,200 with parking and pop!!! Then I hear this morning that the New York Yankees are going to ask $2,500 ea for Dugout seats??? Nothing like $810,000 for 4 season tickets!!!!!

To think I was mad when the Brewers went from $22 to $30 for Dugout seats 8 years ago. Now their $95.

Good Old Bleachers!!!! I think the Rock Pile in Colorado is for me....$1 day of the game!!!

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I get the 26 dollar field level tickets at Rogers Centre, go to about 20 games a year, probably spend 1500 bucks when you count beer.

dannyt76
    dannyt76's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep, price of tickets has def gone up. i'm a big fan of bleacher seats, but even those have gone up significantly. i go to mostly a's and giants games and this year the a's have all you can eat seats for $30 each (plaza and upper level seats i think)....you get a ticket to the game and all you can eat hot dogs, soda, popcorn, peanuts, and ice cream. now that's not a bad deal for a family.

Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

You can still get nosebleed Royals tickets for 5 bucks, even tho they are terrible

dannyt76

Quote Originally Posted by Saunders FTW View Post
    You can still get nosebleed Royals tickets for 5 bucks, even tho they are terrible
    Man for $5 I wouldn't really care if the seats are terrible. I just like being out at the ballpark and catching a game. I guess if you're taking kids you wouldn't want to be up that high though.

dannyt76

Unless you were talking about the Royals being terrible and not the location of the seats. But still for 5 bucks, who cares. Play ball!

Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

ya sorry, i meant the royals suck, you really cant get a bad seat in kaufman stadium

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

I have Sony Dugout Tickets for the Padres opener Monday (Peavy vs Oswalt). Face is $325 per tix, all you can eat and drink (including alcohol, and no 7th inning cut off. They have a bar underneath Petco were all the booze is free two hours before the game and one hour after the game. I usually spoil myself in these tix 2-3 times a year.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

i dont go to any sports games. really dont feel like paying the big salaries of all the players. besides you get a better seat at home for nothin.

bigugly
    bigugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

Who do you think deserves the money, the owner(s)?

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

First year of the new park in Houston (2000), some of us who had season tickets in the Astrodome for years bought four seats in the left field porch, cost us $14 per ticket, $56 per game, $4500 and change for the season. Those seats have more than doubled since them, think I heard $32 for this year from one of the guys still sitting in the seats. These are outfield seats, nothing else, and it's a huge misconception that you're going to catch a home run ball. Probably the worst seats really to watch a game in the entire stadium.

dannyt76

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21 View Post
    I have Sony Dugout Tickets for the Padres opener Monday (Peavy vs Oswalt). Face is $325 per tix, all you can eat and drink (including alcohol, and no 7th inning cut off. They have a bar underneath Petco were all the booze is free two hours before the game and one hour after the game. I usually spoil myself in these tix 2-3 times a year.
    Should be a great game. Love the pitching matchup. Man all you can eat and drink with no cut off. This def sounds like something I would do if I lived in SD.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by bigugly View Post
    Who do you think deserves the money, the owner(s)?
    i deserve my money thats why i'll keep it in my pocket. i'll watch tv on my 42" sony hdtv while i smoke a joint and drink a cold beer that doesn't cost 10 times like it does at the ballpark. then i'll scratch my nuts all in the comfort of my home.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

We get standard admission for about $12 bucks to citizens bank,

$20 bucks gets you a decent upper level seat. . .

Beautiful park so you can see the game from anywhere. . .

besides its all about getting drunk in the parking lot anyway.

bigugly
    bigugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

Nothing wrong with you keeping your money, but players earn the money they get. Tickets will be priced according to the demand. Luckily I don't live in a market with insane ticket prices. Going to head out to a Twins game with my gf soon...won't cost much at all for pretty good seats.