Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best Bets info

A few changes will be made starting this season.

I will grade the thread three times a week. (Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday nights.) So, if you post a play on Monday and skip Tuesday your results will show up late Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

All plays will be graded as one unit plays. No more multiple unit plays.

Season tracking will be implemented. Season results will also be updated Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday nights.

From all of us at SBR, good luck this upcoming baseball season!!!!!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Illusion thanks for the hard work,

What ever happen to the wager tracking in MYSBR or whatever?

Illusion

That is coming real soon LK1. I'm not sure when the launch date is though.

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking forward to baseball Ill,like kid said keep up the good work.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Wow, no multiple unit plays? That's sortof weird. Lots of guys use varying units in their MM. Not a fan of this call at all from the handicappers perspective. SBR is trying to encourage more personal threads a la RX? or prevent madcapper's threads from being popular? not understanding the logic, that's all.

Illusion

Baseball tends to be more difficult to grade and since I am also implementing season tracking I wanted to simplify things. This method also offers a better guage of the best cappers in the best bet section. Someone who loses six straight plays at -125 could comeback and post a ten unit play and be possitive units with a 1-6 record. That's one of the reasons I went ahead with the change. I do not visit the RX so I can't answer that portion of your question. As far as MadCapper goes, he does his thing in the Players Talk section and I do mine here in the individual sports forums.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011

I'm one of the many people that will vouch for the hard work you do. On top of it, I think you're a really nice guy also. I also agree that baseball is harder to grade, and I definitely applaud the fact that you will be adding season long tracking. The reference to MadCapper just had to do with the fact that come June/July, there's going to be no real point to post in his popular daily threads, since the only sport at that time will be baseball, and the only difference will be that you can post more than one play here. I guess my question just has to be, do you really discredit a guy who's normal play is 1-3 units, and then one day he has what he feels is an inside tip, and decides to play a 5 unit or 10 unit play, and wins or even loses. I personally love to post in your threads, along with create my own sometimes, because it's not only graded by myself, but an unbiased 'official' of SBR. That way, there's no discrepencies. 85-90% of my baseball plays are only 1 unit anyways, nowhere near what I do with the NBA, due to the big difference in unit size between the two sports for me. I just feel like the handicappers are getting limited in a way. Just sortof dissapointed I guess. Please tell me the SBR Tracker software will have a variable unit size, and a place to input unit value if you choose.
    Last edited by ChuteBoxe; 03-26-08 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Spelling.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for all of your hard work Illusion. I do however agree with Chutebox that more than 1 unit is better. Many people make plays based on the edge they feel they have. The higher the edge the more units of course while plays that are not as strong are usually one unit. I think that it might be better to allow multiple units in play but have everyone put how many units they are risking to win a certain amount of units. Ex: Phi ML -137 2.74 units to win 2 which would help out with grading.

Illusion

Let me get some more feedback from the others posters. If the demand is there I will switch back to the old system.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Thanks Illusion...all your hard work is much appreciated.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Illusion,

First of all I appreciate the hard work you do with grading the bets, when I was a mod at another site it was my job to grade posters plays and it wasn't easy so I understand you wanting to simplify things.

But limiting plays to one unit seems unfair to bettors who use a unit system and/or simply don't flat bet. How about implementing a rule where the max wager is 5 units. If not five units, how about three units?

I will do my best to encourage folks here to grade their own wagers so it will make your job easier. I ask that you strongly consider chute,dio and my own problems with this new rule.

I know you can't make everyone happy all the time but we can definitely improve this particular situation.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok, what is going on now?

Illusion

Alright guys, I have given this some more thought and you guys are right. We will go back to the old method. Thanks for your feedback and good luck this season!!!!!

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Good to hear Illusion. Thanks for considering the change. Keep up the good work and best of luck this season.

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cool. Thank Illusion. 2-1 on me being in last place by the middle of May and up atleast 40 units by October.

junkman773
    junkman773's Avatar Become A Pro!

What is easiest on Illusion is good for me I know I would not have the time to do all he does. But I play all my bases for the same amount.

BOL
    Junk

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011

Thanks Illusion. Best of luck this season bud.