fox sixers
    fox sixers's Avatar Become A Pro!

texas rangers vs. oakland a's

ML Rangers -142 really looking for feedback this is just a lean.

HUNTER is 2-0 when starting against OAKLAND with an ERA of 6.00 and a WHIP of 1.333.His team's record is 3-0 (+3.0 units) in these starts.

Hunter 6-0 in starts at home. team is 7-1

Anderson has lost his last 3 starts.

I know these aren't really strong stats. just looking for feedback to get an idea.

Razzzzzor
    Razzzzzor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Already on it. Bought it up at -130 last night. I think the line is getting pretty close to drained of value now though.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like Texas tonight. GL

fox sixers

don't really believe a line that was at -130 and moves to -142 has drained much value.. especially the ML itself in baseball playing favorites (other sports like soccer lines are different) ML is always going to be there.. you may be correct if line is -130 and moves to -160--175,, but not in this case in my opinion ..

and always have option of betting -1 if your book offers it..

slimpickins
    slimpickins's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the play, your stats are missing some meat but like texas tonight.
    Anderson is the real deal and could shut them down and Hunter has not been pitching great lately but main reasons for the play IMO are
    Texas at home, Texas starting to play well again, Hunter has been solid at home, A's suck on the road even though their offense has been better with Crisp at the top doing well and now that the middle of the order is healthy.

My play of the day just cause I think the juice is not bad for the better team playing at home with what probably amounts to a wash in terms of pitching matchup and clearly a better Texas offense. Line would be much higher if Anderson wasn't considered a stud and if Hunter hadn;t fallen back to earth the last couple of times out.

fox sixers

thanks slimp for the input.. and I know my stats didn't have any meat.. I know the situation.. just was more looking for others feedback.. BOL!!

Razzzzzor

Quote Originally Posted by fox sixers View Post
    don't really believe a line that was at -130 and moves to -142 has drained much value.. especially the ML itself in baseball playing favorites (other sports like soccer lines are different) ML is always going to be there.. you may be correct if line is -130 and moves to -160--175,, but not in this case in my opinion ..

and always have option of betting -1 if your book offers it..
    Do you have ANY clue what a .02 change in a line equates to in terms of ROI? I seriously doubt it judging by the dolt of a response you gave above. Don't come on here asking for opinions on a game AND then bash a response when you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Good luck eating up the chalk there "Ace." I love the bettors that bet a team simply because they "know" it's going to win. They'll buy it at any price, thus getting in -EV scenarios everyday.

fox sixers

Razzzzor I didn't mean to disrespect you. I am sorry if you took that the wrong way.. BOL of luvk on the play tonight.. I hope it wins. I will probably bet it.. All I was saying is, in my opinion a jump from -130 to -142 is not a big enough jump in my opinioon to lose it's value.. sorry if you took it as an insult.. only my opinion.. please do not insult me again.. I did not say anything negetive towards you on purpose if you took it that way. I respect your ability as well any anybody elses ability that puts in time to cap a game and help people out..

Razzzzzor

Quote Originally Posted by fox sixers View Post
    Razzzzor I didn't mean to disrespect you. I am sorry if you took that the wrong way.. BOL of luvk on the play tonight.. I hope it wins. I will probably bet it.. All I was saying is, in my opinion a jump from -130 to -142 is not a big enough jump in my opinioon to lose it's value.. sorry if you took it as an insult.. only my opinion.. please do not insult me again.. I did not say anything negetive towards you on purpose if you took it that way. I respect your ability as well any anybody elses ability that puts in time to cap a game and help people out..
    No worries

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

hunter is fading now, this is fact. make sure you calculate into all that data blata the human factor of a guy that is not used to throwing this deep into the season with success, and when he did (last year is the only indication) he did not do well at all last year. linesmakers have calculated this in hence the -130 opening number wanting you on texas, obviously. oakland is playing loose and texas has all but wrapped the west. if you like texas you better expect some some runs here because hunter will not pitch well. just be aware these are not machines and they do break down. good luck.

fox sixers

definitely interesting what you7 just said thebest.. but hunter has pitched less than 100 innings this year? not that much.....

Razzzzzor

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    hunter is fading now, this is fact. make sure you calculate into all that data blata the human factor of a guy that is not used to throwing this deep into the season with success, and when he did (last year is the only indication) he did not do well at all last year. linesmakers have calculated this in hence the -130 opening number wanting you on texas, obviously. oakland is playing loose and texas has all but wrapped the west. if you like texas you better expect some some runs here because hunter will not pitch well. just be aware these are not machines and they do break down. good luck.
    Even if Hunter doesn't pitch well, that doesn't mean the A's can score. They just faced a horrible Cleveland team and they could only muster 4.3 runs, on average, against the lowly Tribe. Texas can score over 4.3 runs in their sleep.

fox sixers

and i looked up hunter's stats this time last year.. he didn't have a bad august at all.. had 3 rocky games in september.. bur ALL were away.... very interesting thinking though

fox sixers

didn't have a good august either haha but I do feel Texas comes through here...

slimpickins

one point about getting the best lines.
    Maybe I alone on this but on my book 80% of the time the favorites move to higher juice throughout the day.
    The lowest juice line on a game like this will be at 11 PM the night before and then it moves a few times throughout the day before game time.
    If the line isn't moving toward a favorite I was on already, I would be nervous.
    Likely just shows you that the public bets favorites most all of the time.

(my comment is limited to baseball)

ICE-BLOOD
    ICE-BLOOD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7560

1st place team at home with a good starter at a decent price

TEXAS for the win

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

explain the rangers motivation in this game? why did this line open at -130 with a 10-2 pitcher at home with one of the best home teams in baseball? the a's are a solid dog it a good go against spot on the rangers. hunter is fading and if you cannot see that in hos numbers you are blind. i would not be backing texas here off that series with the twins. if you think taking the rangers makes sense to you good luck!

ps nothing is guaranteed but in my opinion the a's +130 is the play.
    Last edited by thebestthereis; 08-27-10 at 04:18 PM.

Razzzzzor

explain the rangers motivation in this game? why did this line open at -130 with a 10-2 pitcher at home with one of the best home teams in baseball? the a's are a solid dog it a good go against spot on the rangers. hunter is fading and if you cannot see that in hos numbers you are blind. i would not be backing texas here off that series with the twins. if you think taking the rangers makes sense to you good luck!

You fyckin bore me "thegayestthereis"

fox sixers

thebest.. I do think you make a solid argument.. I would still lean Texas but Tigers is starting to be my top play.. good value at +115. Verlander pitching well. Tigers playing well. anybody have any more thoughts about tigers?

slimpickins

Why would you think the Twins series was such a big deal for the Rangers?
    The closest team to them in their own division is the A's ; they should be up for this series.

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

not a great era for hunter, but not a bad play

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL
    LolsMcwinsey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3893

Thegayestthereis

Razzzzzor

How did that A's play work out for you?

Why would you think the Twins series was such a big deal for the Rangers?
    The closest team to them in their own division is the A's ; they should be up for this series.
    You still have questions mark?