Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Florida Marlins = Best Value Play Tonight

* The Marlins come into Atlanta with renewed hopes at a playoff spot. With the Braves and Phillies scuffling in their last series, and the Marlins continuing to win, they find themselves only 6.5 in the Wildcard race and 8.5 in the NL East. It is hard to believe this team could still be in it after trading away their clean up hitter in Jorge Cantu in July and waiving a starting OF in Cody Ross a week or so ago, but they are very much alive. The Marlins have won 7 of their last 9 games coming into Friday night’s matchup, and they have won 8 of their last 9 on the road. The reason for the Marlins recent success has been their pitching staff. The Marlins, as a team, have posted a 2.84 ERA in the last 10 games. This has been from both the bullpen and the starters, both having ERAs below 3.00. Also, they have been getting production throughout the lineup. Hanley Ramirez has been on fire in August: .360 batting average and 4 bombs. Also, Cody Ross’ replacement, Logan Morrison has played a huge role. He has hit .308 in August.

The Marlins best player this year has probably been Dan Uggla. He is having one of his best seasons as a pro, and he has man handled the Braves all year. In 9 games thus far this season, Uggla is batting .333 (12 for 36) against the Braves with 4 home runs. This is not an anomaly either. In his career, Uggla has hit .294 (94 for 320) against the Braves with 21 home runs and 58 rbi’s, which is his best production against any single team. His production only increases when playing in Atlanta, where he is a .361 lifetime hitter in 39 games with 10 bombs and 33 rbi’s. Uggla does, however, struggle vs. Tommy Hanson where he is just 1 for 9.

I am not saying the Marlins are a sure fire winner, but they are the best value on the board. The key to winning in betting baseball is to pick your spots and try to find these value plays. A red-hot team at +185 against a struggling team is a prime example. So many people in betting use the strategy of “they are due”. This will lose your bankroll faster than most anything else. My philosophy is to ride the hot teams until they falter. The Braves are coming off a sweep at the hands of the Rockies where they just played bad baseball. Their bullpen has been getting hit hard (Johnny Venters picked up his first two losses of the season in Denver), and the offense has been struggling. Some may say, “Wait, didn’t they put up 10 on Wednesday?” Yes, they did, but that was in the first 3 innings and they didn’t score again. In my previous blogs I discussed the Braves lack of fundamentals lately, and it hasn’t gotten any better. They aren’t moving runners over, they can’t score guys after lead off doubles, and they are getting zero production from their 4 and 5 guys in the order. The Braves are a much better home team, so I think they should be a favorite, but not this much. This is definitely a case of Marlins being the play or no play at all. My play (small): Florida ML.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

i like this play, you cannot lay -200 on the braves here win or not. good luck!

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL
    LolsMcwinsey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3893

didnt read. braves win easy

Tomasitas
    Lithuania
    Tomasitas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

I like Florida,******* braves wouldn't win this

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

Theres no value you in a loser....Braves win tonight

its your money

rpdiddy
    rpdiddy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not that I would lay the juice on ATL, but...Volstad cannot be trusted and ATL seems to win at home like nobody's business.

Power Play
    Power Play's Avatar Become A Pro!

Braves may win...............but they don't have a 67% chance of winning like the line suggest. Florida's better on the road anyways. Nobody attends their home games.

bachngocduong
    bachngocduong's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes i on Florida's too

bachngocduong
    bachngocduong's Avatar Become A Pro!

look very good now

Power Play
    Power Play's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice nice

Dukebluejms

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
    Theres no value you in a loser....Braves win tonight its your money
    Well now don't we feel like an ass. By the way, I like the reasoning...

greenshark11
    greenshark11's Avatar Become A Pro!

hahah dukeblue the braves fan went against them tonight haha nice pick

Dukebluejms

Quote Originally Posted by greenshark11 View Post
    hahah dukeblue the braves fan went against them tonight haha nice pick
    Gotta bet with your head, not your heart.

navyhawk
    navyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Braves were way over valued tonight, finished at around -200 at most books. FL may not be the greatest, but they can hit at times. I threw a unit on it and I'm glad it turned out good for us.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Nice play- do or die for Marlins this weekend. Will be on them in the morning, gl

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

nice call man, good job

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Nice call, I agree it was the best "value" play, but I didn't pull the trigger.

orangeheaven
    orangeheaven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice job on this one.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38349

What a surprise. The Braves lose this one.