MadCapper
    MadCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have 3 plays for Friday!

I am hoping that I have amassed a following of some sort, and that I have made them some money, or at least 'saved' them some money since coming back to post here recently. Hopefully the good fortune can continue for a long time.

Friday, August 27th

Rays -120
    Pirates +135
    Dodgers +135
    Points Awarded:

iceman8847 gave MadCapper 7 SBR Point(s) for this post.

chibears
    chibears's Avatar Become A Pro!

great job mad capper i like your style! confident but not overly cocky. keep up the good work. starting to take notice. might even tail

hothandsmgee
    hothandsmgee's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like those picks. Thanks

mitote
    mitote's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5348

Quote Originally Posted by MadCapper View Post
    I am hoping that I have amassed a following of some sort, and that I have made them some money, or at least 'saved' them some money since coming back to post here recently.
    Not to mention points! So I won't!

Eagle1958
    Eagle1958's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Like em all plus toss in Phillies at +118

Jon825
    YTD: 59-43-2
    Jon825's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1347

i like all of them. GL man

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

MadCapper has been posting winners for years, nothing suprising about his return and the winnings that have come with it. Keep it up brother. For the record I like the plus money again tomorrow. Loved them today, just looking over the card quickly I think there is going to be some juicy dogs to take advantage of again on Friday.

BOBBYW
    BOBBYW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7198

Thanx ** and bolty.....

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

love it. keep up the great work

Razzzzzor
    Razzzzzor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really like Seattle tomorrow as a dog at home

mitote

I'm going to pass on the Pirates! One of my rules is to never ask a bad team to win for me! And Pittsburgh is a very bad team especially on the road!

MadCapper

Quote Originally Posted by chibears View Post
    great job mad capper i like your style! confident but not overly cocky. keep up the good work. starting to take notice. might even tail
    Thanx man! And good luck!

MadCapper

Quote Originally Posted by hothandsmgee View Post
    I like those picks. Thanks

MadCapper

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1958 View Post
    Like em all plus toss in Phillies at +118

MadCapper

Quote Originally Posted by Jon825 View Post
    i like all of them. GL man

MadCapper

Quote Originally Posted by BOBBYW View Post
    Thanx ** and bolty.....
    Anytime!

MadCapper

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    love it. keep up the great work

MadCapper

Quote Originally Posted by Razzzzzor View Post
    Really like Seattle tomorrow as a dog at home
    Vargas is solid. Just dont like the Mariners roster now.

MadCapper

Quote Originally Posted by mitote View Post
    I'm going to pass on the Pirates! One of my rules is to never ask a bad team to win for me! And Pittsburgh is a very bad team especially on the road!
    They are a very scrappy team now. I like their current roster. MacDonald has a lot of talent.

MadCapper

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    MadCapper has been posting winners for years, nothing suprising about his return and the winnings that have come with it. Keep it up brother. For the record I like the plus money again tomorrow. Loved them today, just looking over the card quickly I think there is going to be some juicy dogs to take advantage of again on Friday.
    Thanx Patrick. Always good to see you around too!

What about the Rays? Whats your take vs Lester and Boston?

MadCapper

Good morning,

The last couple of days I preached to you about not settling on the huge favorite to bail you out this time of the year. The last 2 days saw an abnormal number of huge favorites lose. The Phillies lost as -330 favorites and as -180 favorites and at -160 favorites 3 days in a row. The Cardinals lost as -300 and -180 favorites during this current losing streak. The Tigers lost as a -175 favorite. I was on the dogs in most of those games. And for the games I wasn't on the dog...I merely stayed away from any action. I hope you adhered to the warnings and stayed away as well. Its not March, but the Ides of August/September still should cause for concern.

Today, with no big favorites on the board, I am going in a different direction. I'm actually handicapping the line and game. Haha. The 3 plays I like most today are the Rays -120, Pirates +150, Dodgers +135

I like the Rays today with Price on the bump at this cheap price. I think the Red Sox are still overvalued, well just because they are the Red Sox. Lester is a stud, but the Red Sox lineup isnt the same without Ellsbury, Pedroia, and Youkilis. Thats their 1,2,4 batters.If this was a Boston home game, I might be hesitant to bet against them. But not in Tampa. The Rays are a very good team...Scary good. David Price is their ace and he is downright nasty at times. The Rays lineup is very strong 1-9. When you have Bartlett batting 9th that says something about your lineup depth. Jaso has been getting on base at the top of the lineup. And not many teams have a better 2-3-4-5 with Zobrist, Crawford, Longoria, and Pena.

I am on the Pirates +150 today for a number of reasons. First when I capped the game I had it as Milwaukee -120. So I found tons of value right away when I saw the actual line. Secondly, the Brewers seemed lifelss yesterday. 3rd, I really dont like Marveson is any good, and the Pirates have a good, scrappy, young lineup. Finally, I really like this McDonald kid. He has very good stuff and can be a dominant K pitcher at time. And Milwaukee seems to K a lot with Braun, Fielder, and McGehee in the 3-4-5.

I love the Dodgers today at +135.. The Dodgers can smell the playoffs. They are not out of it yet. The beat up a very good pitcher in Gallardo yesterday. Ubaldo is tough, very tough. But as we have seen in the 2nd half, he is hittable. Kershaw as this big a dog in such a meaningful game is outrageous. He should handle the good Rockies left handed bats. Tulowitzki might be a problem, but if he handles the table setters, he should be able to pitch wisely/around Tulo. I feel the Dodgers will score a few runs off Ubaldo and a few off the Rockies pen as well. A few runs may be just enough for Kershaw tonight. Especially as the solid dog.

Good luck on all the wagers you decide to make today. But don't chase any losses. Use sound money management. And shop for the best possible lines!

Have a great day!
    Points Awarded:

jackmyhoggoff gave MadCapper 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

nice picks there , gl

MadCapper

Thanx buddy.

Texan81
    Texan81's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im wit ya"ll and also add in cubbies

rustyscrub
    rustyscrub's Avatar Become A Pro!

on em + phillies as well

gl

MadCapper

Good job guys!

Win!

chaseutleyfan26
    chaseutleyfan26's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like those picks

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I am hoping that I have amassed a following of some sort, and that I have made them some money, or at least 'saved' them some money since coming back to post here recently. Hopefully the good fortune can continue for a long time.

Friday, August 27th

Rays -120
    Pirates +135
    Dodgers +135
    Something tells me to go for this.

Good luck to everyone!

mitote

I am on the Pirates +150 today for a number of reasons. First when I capped the game I had it as Milwaukee -120. So I found tons of value right away when I saw the actual line.
    It's hard for me to find value with a team that's 13-48 on the road! No matter what the line! Like I said I'm passing! I'm just putting out my opinion on this game! I hope you win all your picks!

MadCapper

Quote Originally Posted by mitote View Post
    It's hard for me to find value with a team that's 13-48 on the road! No matter what the line! Like I said I'm passing! I'm just putting out my opinion on this game! I hope you win all your picks!
    Appreciated. And Thank you. Things are different in August/September.

You cant take what happened in April, May, June, and July into account for these type of teams.

Power Play
    Power Play's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow all the lines have steamed:
    Red Sox and Tampa Bay to me is bascially a pickem game. The pitching is bascially a wash. Tampa Bay's bats are hit or miss (they're are victims of numerous perfect games/almost perfect games/ho hitters). They're very streaky but I don't see them in any real streaks right now. Sox's season hinges on this series. This is their last harrah so because of that I see the value in the Sox as +120 now.
    Pirates are too unreliable on the road to take them at +135 last night. The public pounded the brew crew to oblivion and now the sea dogs are +160. There is ZERO value in the crew (less than zero if possible) now but I'm not sure Pirates are a play even at that price. One thing though: Brew Crew have a tendency to score 10 runs one night and 1 the next; totally unreliable. They are also essentially the same team home and away.
    Dodgers are now +140 but I'm not really sure they're looking for the playoffs. Manny is on wavers and plays 50 percent of the time. Plus Colorado is an entirely different team at home (so many large comebacks this season it's eerie). Hard to call.

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I don't know if I'd bet against the Rockies right now, especially at home. This will be a good game, but I can see better value in many other plays today:

Florida at +180 is one to consider, because the Braves always struggle against the Fish. The Braves have been playing bad baseball the last week or so, and for them to be this high of a fav even at home seems silly to me. Florida is my value play of the day.

I like the other 2 though. BOL

MadCapper

Iceman - Thank you so much for the betpoints. Much Appreciated!

BIGWaVe
    BIGWaVe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

GL to you today - great read on your reasoning for these games.
    Onward and upward to 100 units.............

MadCapper

Quote Originally Posted by BIGWaVe View Post
    GL to you today - great read on your reasoning for these games.
    Onward and upward to 100 units.............
    Thanx buddy! Appreciated.

12 Last