rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Wandy Rod +158 against Kendrick.

Houston Astros +158 (Wandy Rodriguez) @ Philadelphia Phillies -178 (Kendrick); ou8.5

Once again the Astros get a plus-money line in a game agains the Phils. And as I give you this advice on Thursday, I’m sure it’ll be the day that the Phils bats decide to wake up and finally put a hurting on someone. For the Astros, Wandy Rodriquez (10-15, 4.00) gets the start and has an opportunity to get something done that is never easy to accomplish: sweep a four game series, on the road, against a team that is supposed to be way better. Im sure it won’t come easy, just as every other game has been in this series. But, we’ll take a look at the numbers.

Wandy hasn’t gotten a win for his team since the three straight wins stretching from 7/19-7/31. Since that time, the Astros have lost 4 straight Wandy starts. In those 4 losses, Wandy pitched 6+ in each (26.1 total), struck out 32, walked five, allowed 24 hits and five earned runs. That’s an ERA of 1.72 and an 0-1 record in 4 starts. Talk about not getting any run support. Today Wandy has a road series win in his pocket, and has nothing to lose today in Philly. He gets the Phils’ youngest, least experienced, most inconsistent starter in Kyle Kendrick. It seems to me, especially at +158, the play here this afternoon is Wandy and the Astros, again.
    Wandy has allowed a combined 5 earned runs in his last 5 outings, 41.1 innings pitched. He is striking out pitchers with great regularity, has harnessed his control, and has been absolutely dealing since he rectified his season on June 24. By looking at the W-L totals, and the ERA on the season, it is a little misleading, but that is simply because he got off to an absolutely miserable start. That, I can assure you, is a thing of the past. It’s really too bad that the Phils have to go up against Wandy today. I think they are in serious trouble. Especially since they can’t score against anyone, and now they get one of the hottest starters in the game.
    Kyle Kendrick (14-10, 4.58) gets the start for the Phil, looking to avoid the four game sweep to the lowly Astros. He will probably pitch well, just like Blanton and Hamels and Halladay, but these guys just cant get any support and it seems like they will fall to the same fate today. I seriously doubt Kendrick will go out and shut them out. And, honestly, that’s the only way it seems like they are going to get any win right now. -178 is incredibly steep for a team with no offense, who faces a surging k-machine, and sends out their 5th starter. Kendrick is due for his win today, though, as he has alternated wins and losses over his last four (his only four August starts). And in those losses, Kendrick allowed 5 earned in each, and pitched very well in the two wins. Hopefully today he will give the Phils more of the same as he did on the win days. But it is going to take his best. I just don’t see the flat-lining Phils getting anything together today. They have had entirely too many opportunities in this series and have failed every time.
    Today’s play: Astros +158 and the under.

Truth Be Told
    Truth Be Told's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with you

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Goodluck....but I expect some runs to be put up today. Too many low scoring games already at Citizens Bank in the series.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Goodluck....but I expect some runs to be put up today. Too many low scoring games already at Citizens Bank in the series.
    I see Kendrick giving up some runs today and Astros bullpen is horrible too.

jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree, think the over might be the play.

AMcBoarder
    AMcBoarder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Great post. I'm torn cuz the Phils are my east coast team. Seems like Howard and Utley have thrown the chemistry off a bit. I pussed out on the +280 ML yesterday. Lets's see if we can do it today. BOL all.

rthoughton

I am a huge Phils phan that has lost it all going huge on them every game in this series. today they get the toughest starter on the Astros staff.
    I really wish the phils would put some runs up today, but watching them FAIL MISERABLY every damn game over the last week... I just dont see the over happening. The Phils probably won't score again. I hope they do, I hope they bust the eff out. But betting on that with the streak theyve put together of late is a fool's mistake.
    16 runs for the phils in their last 7 games. Im not betting the over when Kendrick is up for a good one, and Wandy doesnt give up shit. proceed with caution.

rthoughton

and that astros bullpen has been lights out against the phils.

kidk
    kidk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by rthoughton View Post
    Houston Astros +158 (Wandy Rodriguez) @ Philadelphia Phillies -178 (Kendrick); ou8.5

Once again the Astros get a plus-money line in a game agains the Phils. And as I give you this advice on Thursday, I’m sure it’ll be the day that the Phils bats decide to wake up and finally put a hurting on someone. For the Astros, Wandy Rodriquez (10-15, 4.00) gets the start and has an opportunity to get something done that is never easy to accomplish: sweep a four game series, on the road, against a team that is supposed to be way better. Im sure it won’t come easy, just as every other game has been in this series. But, we’ll take a look at the numbers.

Wandy hasn’t gotten a win for his team since the three straight wins stretching from 7/19-7/31. Since that time, the Astros have lost 4 straight Wandy starts. In those 4 losses, Wandy pitched 6+ in each (26.1 total), struck out 32, walked five, allowed 24 hits and five earned runs. That’s an ERA of 1.72 and an 0-1 record in 4 starts. Talk about not getting any run support. Today Wandy has a road series win in his pocket, and has nothing to lose today in Philly. He gets the Phils’ youngest, least experienced, most inconsistent starter in Kyle Kendrick. It seems to me, especially at +158, the play here this afternoon is Wandy and the Astros, again.
    Wandy has allowed a combined 5 earned runs in his last 5 outings, 41.1 innings pitched. He is striking out pitchers with great regularity, has harnessed his control, and has been absolutely dealing since he rectified his season on June 24. By looking at the W-L totals, and the ERA on the season, it is a little misleading, but that is simply because he got off to an absolutely miserable start. That, I can assure you, is a thing of the past. It’s really too bad that the Phils have to go up against Wandy today. I think they are in serious trouble. Especially since they can’t score against anyone, and now they get one of the hottest starters in the game.
    Kyle Kendrick (14-10, 4.58) gets the start for the Phil, looking to avoid the four game sweep to the lowly Astros. He will probably pitch well, just like Blanton and Hamels and Halladay, but these guys just cant get any support and it seems like they will fall to the same fate today. I seriously doubt Kendrick will go out and shut them out. And, honestly, that’s the only way it seems like they are going to get any win right now. -178 is incredibly steep for a team with no offense, who faces a surging k-machine, and sends out their 5th starter. Kendrick is due for his win today, though, as he has alternated wins and losses over his last four (his only four August starts). And in those losses, Kendrick allowed 5 earned in each, and pitched very well in the two wins. Hopefully today he will give the Phils more of the same as he did on the win days. But it is going to take his best. I just don’t see the flat-lining Phils getting anything together today. They have had entirely too many opportunities in this series and have failed every time.
    Today’s play: Astros +158 and the under.

if the astros were at home maybe wandy is not a pitcher on the road

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Phillies 3 games lost have little to do with pitching match up, but rather Phillies absence bats :R. Howard 3 for 33 - last 9
    and in this series:

Jimmy Rollins 3 for 16
    Shane Victorino 2 for 11
    Carlos Ruiz(notes) 2 for 10.

Phillies backers better hope their bats come alive today.

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1026

parlay astros with under.gl.

ftballnutt
    ftballnutt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the under as well.

Good luck today.

fury
    fury's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Phillies win today, but I don't want to eat the chalk and don't trust them on the RL.

thirtytwo
    thirtytwo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

total bet up to 8,5

fsfalcons
    fsfalcons's Avatar Become A Pro!

gotta go with the stros and the under here

mvp123
    mvp123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5039

i am a big phillie fan and i refuse to bet on this game altho i have a feeling they gonna put a hurting on wandy

Regul8er
    Wordd

MONEY IN THE BANK!!!!!! With the score being 4-0, your guaranteed to at worst go 1-1 here.
    The way the Phils are conducting themselves, the Astros have already won!!!! Good pick man!

Regul8er
    Wordd

Nevermind....I misread your post and thought you had the over. Oh well, the Astros have already won!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

astros can't win they were scheduled to sweep the phillies today, this never happens and the phillies were a sizable favorite. it never happens and will never happen.

kontradictor
    kontradictor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice pick rthoughton!!

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wasn't on this but thank you 10 million times for this post. I'm rooting for you and all Houston backers.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    astros can't win they were scheduled to sweep the phillies today, this never happens and the phillies were a sizable favorite. it never happens and will never happen.
    Im afraid it has already happened. The Phils are uninterested, Rodriguez looks like an absolute stud right now and the Stros will continue to put up runs on Kendrick. Astros are MONEY!!!!!!!!

Truth Be Told
    Truth Be Told's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Im afraid it has already happened. The Phils are uninterested, Rodriguez looks like an absolute stud right now and the Stros will continue to put up runs on Kendrick. Astros are MONEY!!!!!!!!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

i am kidding, anyone who bet the phillies on a due theory deserves to lose every penny. those people just will never ever get it. you take the astros or nothing. there is no other way to play the side in this game, none. i did not bet this game but would love the stros to win. good luck!

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

The Phillies just got a hit! Only took them 5 innings!!!

Regul8er
    Wordd

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! 2nd and 3rd for the Phils with ZERO out and ZERO runs to show for their efforts.
    I want to feel bad for those backing the Phils today, but they deserve the loss for getting sucked into a brutal bet with brutal value.

rthoughton

Hey, regul8er... did i get this one right? was it the over? ha.
    I finally got one right.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

nice call