There are four day games on the slate today. I like having an opportunity to get ahead going into the night slate. Let’s take a look at each of them.

105pm. Kansas City +170 @ Detroit -200; ou9.5:
Sean O’Sullivan (2-4, 5.14) has only logged 6 starts on the season. His last decision was a victory coming out of the bullpen on Sunday against the White Sox. He has, however, lost his last three starts, giving up 24 hits in 17 innings while striking out 15. He did have some decent stuff in his start against the Yanks in New York, but since then has struggled, especially with his new team in KC. Today he gets the start in Detroit against the Tigers.
Last night the Tigers won with relative ease, and I am still kicking myself for somehow overlooking that game on the card (and the A’s, but that is for another time).
Armando Galarraga (10-6, 4.21) takes the ball for the Tigers today. He gets the heavy chalk in the Wednesday opener. Detroit has won his last two outings, at the White Sox and at home against the Indians. Galarraga has also had some success in his career against the Royals, never taking the loss in 5 starts, and has posted a sub3 ERA. On the season, AG has put together a 3.26 ERA at home, is coming off a 7 inning shutout performance and should cruise today.
Tigers.

310pm. Atlanta -128 @ Colorado +108; ou9.
Jair Jurrjens (10-5, 3.91) is yet another one of those great young stud starters decked in Braves attire. The Braves have won 4 straight Jurrjens starts and 8 of his last 10. In his last 4 (all Braves wins) Jurrjens is 2-0 in 27.1 innings, and only allowed 7 earned. The Braves have lost the first two games of this series and have missed some serious opportunities to make some space between themselves and the Phils. Today they look to get on the winning side of things in the Mile High City. This is the guy that should be able to get it done.
Esmil Rogers (2-2 4.53) will get his 4th start of the 2010 season. He has really done pretty well. The Rockies have lost two straight, but the last was a 6.1 inning, 6 hit, 1 earned performance that the Rockies lost 4-3. Rogers could pitch well again, but this is first true test against a big time club.
The Braves will be too much this afternoon in a must win. Halladay goes tonight for the Phils.

335pm .Tampa EV @ Los Angeles Angels -120; ou8.5.
This is a really good pitching matchup in Anaheim. Dan Haren takes the ball for the Angels against the Rays and Niemann.
Jeff Niemann (17-5, 3.12) gets the start today in his first coming off of the DL. He was pitching very consistently before he hit the list with a strained right shoulder. He seems to be good for about 3 or 4 earned per outing over the last month+, but his support and record speak for themselves. That expectation holds strong today on the road on the left coast against a pretty good Angels team, but unless Haren pitches out of his mind, I don’t see the Angels getting this one today.
Haren (1-5, 4.46 in the AL) is coming off of a shellacking at the new Target Field. He has only won one start for the Angels since the trade before the deadline. Today doesn’t get any easier as he gets one of the toughest and best teams in the league.
I’m taking Niemann here.

345pm. Cincinnati -110 @ San Francisco -110; ou8.
Pick em here in San Francisco this afternoon. EVeryone was on the the Reds in game one and they got destroyed in game 2, and now find themselves in a freefall out west after performing pretty well in the games before they hit San Fran. Maybe we’ll get a pitchers’ duel today after that offensive explosion last night.
Homer Bailey pitched great in his last outing and he faces Bumgarner.
This is a definite no-play for me, but if you forced me, I would go with the Giants based on the first two games of the series alone.
Looking elsewhere, and tempted by the under.

Best of luck on Wednesday.