SlikToxik
    SlikToxik's Avatar Become A Pro!

-= SlikToxik's MLB Selections - Monday Night =-

hey guys, been a while, was away literally out of the country since may, my spreadsheet is there, all my picks documented, and i hope to continue with providing true winners.

also, my props go out to Paco ( the man!) DG's Picks, Todays Actions, and the whole lot of you out there. i dont bet judging on getting value, as i just bet on teams i think will win the game outright ... i study hard, i may even put an hour in each game i review..., walk away, come back later to review, and think clearly before i lay down the selections. ( that and just luck, cause it is gambling, an nothing is a guranteed)

here we go......

1. Phillies over Astro's - 100.00 laid down
    2. Cardinals over Pirates - 100.00 laid down
    3. BlueJays over Yankees - 100.00 laid down
    4. Redsox over Mariners - 100.00 laid down
    5. Braves over Rockies - 100.00 laid down
    6. Tampa over Angels - 100.00 laid down
    =====================================
    good luck to everyone, and lets cash in big time tonite.... thanks guys!

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glad to see ya with TAMPA..Im only cappin one game a day and its my play for the day...also on CIN and COL(i know you got braves, BOL)...will be checkin up on ya to see your success and discuss games..

whats your angle on the COLORADO and the TAMPA game if you dont mind me askin?

SlikToxik

hey, thanks for the reply, and yes there are times when i handicap a game, and i do look around to see others inputs and selections, and have my self second guessing my own picks, learned one way or the other that after all the research, stats, trends ( hot n cold teams etc) to just stick to my guns.

alot of these games could go either way on any given night, thats reality, and tonites slate of games seem tougher then what they look.

regarding TB over LA... just like the bats and pitching better tonite,and seeing the playoff race, seems TB is looking good, nothing to special here. feel they are the better team.

same literally applies for the braves tonite, i believe good pitching prevails here tonite, but you picked the game i was having some tough time in deciding, so that says a lot. but yes sir, best of luck to you, and looking forward to the results tonite.!

SlikToxik

oh, sorry, also wanted to comment on your cinnci lean, im with you on that, some reason i know they should kill up tonite, and only on gut instinct, i laid off the selection. but let me tell you, not the first time when we lay off some games we like they end up being probably the better picks of a whole card. lol. BOL on them, i do like them here tonite.

jorge1
    OM

yeah tonites slate is beyond tough...many ppl jump up right away and bark out a million winners, but when i looked at it last night i spent about a good 2 to 3 hours and only found TB as a solid pick for all my right reasons...

Went to sleep and got on it again today and got a fresh look and noticed that out of COLO and CINCY at least one wins tonight, so you end up in the positive...

Your strategy looks good, just simply pickin winners..sometimes its better than being swayed by lines, prices, etc..but i will tell you my thoughts on the rest of your plays:

phillies look solid, just not good price for me
    Cards dont look too solid because of their pitcher..its a coin flip and their bats been on and off last week or two
    BJs look REALLY REALLY good here facing yanks 3A pitcher..they have proven they can bat well against weak pitchers
    BOS looks solid

and you are right..braves could go either way..jsut seems like braves are the obvious choice here, but then if you get a colorado win here then you kick yourself thinking "duh! colorado, better home team, braves, sucky road team..DUH!!!!"...but braves could easily whip that behind with the better pitchin bud..

good lucky charms tonight!

SlikToxik

jorge: yes, in betting proper, with money management, and looking lines and prices, and can weigh down on you, having that discipline is really key. im from toronto, and a die hard yanks fan (since 77/78) so, i tend to never bet with my heart, otherwise the yanks should win everygame

with this living in toronto, we have this "proline" (suckers bet really, parlaying 3 to 6 games) and forever a sports fan with the NHL, NFL, MLB ( not a hoops fan at all really) i just read everything.

a couple yrs ago, i started to handicapp with online books etc, and saw that all those 5 outta 6 games id get correct, and yet not win a dime!? lol... so, my picks on 5 or 6 game cards every night are usually fantastic, and i should be cashing in on high %'s of correct picks ... go figure

to be honest, the cards are my pick for one reason only, pittsburgh just wreaks! lol. phillies you're right, i usually tend to stay away from those big money lines, this one i threw in for that 6th game at an easier chance of winning. who knows, after all that, i could go 0-6 tonite

but i like your discipline, and i need to smarten up with the amount of selections i choose, and need to sometimes just lay off certain games. a pleasure talking with you here sir, and appreciate your valuable insight. cheers, and good luck!

SlikToxik

Quote Originally Posted by SlikToxik View Post
    hey guys, been a while, was away literally out of the country since may, my spreadsheet is there, all my picks documented, and i hope to continue with providing true winners.

also, my props go out to Paco ( the man!) DG's Picks, Todays Actions, and the whole lot of you out there. i dont bet judging on getting value, as i just bet on teams i think will win the game outright ... i study hard, i may even put an hour in each game i review..., walk away, come back later to review, and think clearly before i lay down the selections. ( that and just luck, cause it is gambling, an nothing is a guranteed)

here we go......

1. Phillies over Astro's - 100.00 laid down
    2. Cardinals over Pirates - 100.00 laid down
    3. BlueJays over Yankees - 100.00 laid down
    4. Redsox over Mariners - 100.00 laid down
    5. Braves over Rockies - 100.00 laid down
    6. Tampa over Angels - 100.00 laid down
    =====================================
    good luck to everyone, and lets cash in big time tonite.... thanks guys!

decent night - will have another 5 or 6 game slate for this evening.

jorge1
    OM

hey bud, waitin to discuss your card...