tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Over 8.5 PHI/WAS...but can WAS win?

Or at least take it FF? Right now I'm leaning towards the over 8.5 in this game but I can't help but think a small play is justified on WAS at +217 or +1.5 at -105.

Olsen has been better during the day in road games this year. Small sample size obviously.Oswalt has struggled a bit against WAS bats this year. I'm not saying I'd put a big bet on WAS here, but it's worth a small play for value.

I'm more likely on the over 8.5. Especially considering the pens involved.

A few trends...

Over is 10-1 in the last 11 meetings
    Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Philadelphia
    Phillies are 1-5 in their last 6 Sunday games with Guccione behind home plate

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Philadelphia has been overvalued the whole series. They should never be over -150 the way they're swinging bats.

I think Wash definetly has some value, but I'm not gonna touch it.

Pauulzcappin

Oswalt got roughed up by WAshington this year already, I'd take Nats TT over. The way the line is set, it shouldn't be higher than 3.5

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Oswalt got roughed up by WAshington this year already, I'd take Nats TT over. The way the line is set, it shouldn't be higher than 3.5
    Yeah good call. It will most likely be 5 and 3.5 based on that line or something close. Not sure I'm touching this game at all just was surprised to see the lines set where they were.

Overall I'm really disliking the card as a whole on Sunday.

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Yeah good call. It will most likely be 5 and 3.5 based on that line or something close. Not sure I'm touching this game at all just was surprised to see the lines set where they were. Overall I'm really disliking the card as a whole on Sunday.
    I'm struggling a little bit myself, too many large/road favorites. Some interesting totals though.

tatddy

Under 7.5 KC/CHW (Grienke/Danks) - Danks has had success against KC this year and on the road in general (especially during day games). He's 2-0 with a 1.63 era and 0.94 whip in 4 career starts at Kauffman stadium. Just the fact that books have installed KC as a favorite tells me that Grienke's in line for a good afternoon. Last start against KC he was cruising until things got out of hand in a 5 run, 8th inning.

How can you not play CHW ml at even $?
    Last edited by tatddy; 08-22-10 at 02:43 AM.

Pauulzcappin

I'm not touching Chicago until they get hot again. They are a bit too unpredictable for me right now.

Add that to a two-game doubleheader that went on extra inning twice and I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 foot pole.

Especially the over, since the bullpens are clearly overused.