Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Texas Rangers ML/RL @ Baltimore.

Here's to the Rangers handing Baltimore their 80th loss of 2010.
    Revenge for sweep at Texas.
    Rangers are due for a win after losing 5 including last 3 at Tampa, see other bold stats.

TIME: 07:05 P.M. EST
    VENUE: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
    The Baltimore Orioles were solely responsible for the Texas Rangers' last four-game losing streak, sending the AL West leaders stumbling into the All-Star break with a sweep.
    This time, they'd settle for simply extending Texas' skid, which is at three as the Rangers arrive in Baltimore to begin a four-game series against their former manager Buck Showalter's Orioles on Thursday night.
    The Rangers (67-52) remain comfortably ahead of Los Angeles and Oakland as they chase their first division title since 1999, but they allowed 24 runs while getting swept in a three-game series at Tampa Bay this week.
    "You just move on," manager Ron Washington said. "We'll be better equipped the next time we see them. Stay tuned."
    Texas first must end a five-game road losing streak and improve its 4-12 record in AL East ballparks this year. The Rangers are 12-21 overall against that division, including 2-4 against the last-place Orioles.
    Baltimore (42-79) swept a four-game series in Arlington from July 8-11, which remains the Orioles' lone road sweep this season.
    Showalter, who replaced interim Orioles manager Juan Samuel on Aug. 3, managed Texas from 2003-06 and still lives in Dallas. He said he has always supported the Rangers.
    "It's the first time I won't be pulling for them, the next four days," Showalter said. "That's pretty much the way I look at it. There's a lot of people I respect over there."
    The Orioles won eight of their first nine games under Showalter, but they've dropped four of their last five, including two of three to visiting Seattle this week.
    Their problems may continue against Texas' Colby Lewis, who continues to pitch well despite going 0-4 in his last five starts.
    Lewis (9-9, 3.28 ERA) hasn't won since July 16 at Boston, but poor run support has been the primary reason. The right-hander has a 2.76 ERA and 38 strikeouts in 32 2-3 innings in his last five outings, but the Rangers have scored a total of four runs for him in that stretch.
    "You've got to roll with the punches," Lewis said after Saturday's 3-1 loss to the Red Sox. "If I go out there and give a quality start and keep my team there, we're one swing away from getting a win."
    Lewis, who spent the last two years pitching in Japan, hasn't started against the Orioles since June 1, 2003.
    Baltimore's Brian Matusz (4-12, 5.28) would prefer to forget his two starts against Texas this year. He's 0-1 with an 18.56 ERA in those outings, lasting a total of 5 1-3 innings and surrendering two homers to Vladimir Guerrero.
    The rookie left-hander, who hopes to avoid matching teammate Kevin Millwood and Philadelphia's Roy Oswalt for the major league lead in losses, is 1-0 with a 1.50 ERA in his last two home starts, but he struggled at Tampa Bay on Saturday, giving up five runs in four innings of a 7-3 loss.
    It's unclear if Matusz will have to face Rangers third baseman Michael Young, who has missed Texas' last two games with a stiff neck.
    "Right now it's kind of a hour by hour kind of thing," Young said Wednesday. "I get more treatment and it feels better. So I imagine that will continue."
    The Orioles likely won't avoid major league batting leader Josh Hamilton, who is 11 for 24 with two homers and three doubles against Baltimore this year.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I like it especially with that revenge factor. Might pass on tonights game but I'll play the Rangers atleast once this weekend.

Snowball

Ducks, I see no reason to pass on this first game. Matusz could get pounded.

Lion4Life
    Lion4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!

On the Rangers as well, good luck!

chickenlittle
    chickenlittle's Avatar Become A Pro!

rangers here,,good luck....!

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Are the Rangers healthy? That's a concern, last I looked they had some key guys out that really were hurting this team. Going to check it out after lunch before I make a decision here.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Ducks, I see no reason to pass on this first game. Matusz could get pounded.
    Looking into it now I kind of like it but I don't think i'll play it. Matusz pitched in the 2nd game of that 4 game sweep in Arlington and he had a horrible outing only 3 IP and giving up 4 runs. O's had to win that game in extra innings but I don't like the price for the Rangers. -168 for a road team that just got swept. Maybe RL i'll take a stab at it.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

great info thy gl.

Snowball

an easy martingale approach in this series.. no way texas gets swept again
    by the o's. if they lose tonight i hammer them twice as hard tomorrow.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

No Young, no Cruz -- no thanks.

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

an easy martingale approach in this series.. no way texas gets swept again
    by the o's. if they lose tonight i hammer them twice as hard tomorrow.
    I think you are right, but how many people thought Texas could get swept the first time?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by tanner40 View Post
    I think you are right, but how many people thought Texas could get swept the first time?
    In Texas, with all of their bats.

joegavazzi
    joegavazzi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Handicapping MLB is all about finding value. That's not what you have if you are backing the Overpriced Texas Rangers tonight. This line is inflated both for the Rangers seeking revenge for the 4-0 pre-break sweep at the hands of Baltimore as well as the Orioles 42-79 record for the year. Other factors to consider are that this series is sandwhiched for Texas between those with the Yankees, Boston, TB, and Minnesota on the other side. All far greater challenges than this Baltimore team. Despite the overrated 4-0 revenge factor, there comfy division lead cannot leave them as highly motivated as many believe. After 5 consecutive road losses, they are now 28-31 away with only 3 more road wins than Baltimore has at home. And remember, at 10-5 straight up, this is not the same bunch of Orioles as those of the pre-Showalter era. Granted, the young Matusz was shelled by the Rangers earlier this year, but much like his young contemporaries, he has pitched much better under Showalter with a 1.50 ERA in his last 2 starts. Rangers' Lewis continues to pitch in tough luck. Despite a 2.76 ERA L5, his 0-4 Straight-up record in that time span puts way too much pressure on him. Value side is clearly Baltimore tonight.

Snowball

How many Vladimir Guerreros and Josh Hamiltons
    are on the Orioles roster ?

Danielk123
    Danielk123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

How many Vladimir Guerreros and Josh Hamiltons
    are on the Orioles roster ?
    So?

They have other players capable of hitting..