cooliosantos
    cooliosantos's Avatar Become A Pro!

CoolioSantos MLB Selections

Hey everyone, I'm not too sure where to start really - I did want to advertise my new, free sports betting service at http://cooliosantos.wordpress.com/ (and now I've done that haha) but I don't think a blog will really serve my purposes, especially mixed up with bits of creative writing (my degree)...I'm looking for responses and discussion, so thought I'd come here instead as my picks are primarily MLB at the minute. I'm from the UK and have been betting on sports, specifically major US Sports, soccer and tennis for years now but have never kept a proper track of my records, so have decided to use my little-used blog space (and now here) to keep an eye on how successful my favourite plays are each and every day.

I started last night with a win on the San Diego Padres (although I did not put this on the blog, you'll just have to trust me!) and then followed this up with the Oakland Athletics earlier today, as you can see if you visit the blog. On the downside, I lost a soccer bet. However, this is MLB and so here I'll be posting baseball picks only! I will only have 1-2 picks, usually a POD, but as is the case today I have both 'early' and 'late' PODs. I'll be betting all of my own plays and I don't like betting anything that I don't see as value (usually anything less than 1.70 in decimal odds). Hopefully my record will eventually speak for itself!

Thanks, and good luck, CoolioSantos.

cooliosantos

So, onto tonight, my third pick ever and my late POD...

Take LA Dodgers (Kuroda) over Colorado Rockies (Hammel) at odds of 1.75

Game starts at 03:05am over here in the UK, so looks like I might be up into the early hours of the morning – good luck!

MLB Record: 2-0

cooliosantos

Dodgers lose in extra innings! A little unlucky perhaps, Kuroda pitched well as I thought he would, but LA just can't get those bats going...so here's tonight's POD:

Take Cleveland Indians (Talbot) over Kansas City Royals (Davies) at odds of 2.00

Game starts at 01:10 UK, and 20:10 in the US - good luck!

MLB Record: 2-1

cooliosantos

Wooo 5 run inning for the Indians, I only hope that the bullpen can hold it together now and that they don't make anymore errors - 4 already! I guess that's the risk when taking either team in a game like this.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by cooliosantos View Post
    Wooo 5 run inning for the Indians, I only hope that the bullpen can hold it together now and that they don't make anymore errors - 4 already! I guess that's the risk when taking either team in a game like this.
    You're up early Coolio, what time is it in foggy Albion?

Good luck with your selections.

cooliosantos

Haha thanks mate, I'm still up, not gone to bed yet! 04:45am here...MLB/NBA/NFL destroys my life! To be fair I'm a student with only a part-time job right now, so it's probably about right...bedtime now the game's over I think!

cooliosantos

So the Cleveland Indians eventually came through for a 7-3 victory, the scoreline looks better than it actually was as it took a late rally from 3-0 down! Talbot pitched decently as I had hoped aswell, but 5 errors is way too many on the Indians' part. Onto tonight's POD!

Take Chicago White Sox (Jackson) over Kansas City Royals (O'Sullivan) at odds of 1.65

Game time is 01:10 UK time and 20:10 US; the odds are a bit chalky for my liking but I gotta take the Sox and Jackson here against an average pitcher on a Royals side that has given away some of its better talent in recent weeks.

Good luck!

Overall MLB Record: 3-1

cooliosantos

Game was postponed last night! So no affect to the record. The CWS and Royals play a double header tonight, and whilst I like the Sox in both (they are my favourite team haha) they won't be my PODs with Garcia and Pena pitching.

This pick is way too late really as the game starts in just over 10 minutes, but I've been packing for my holiday today, so sorry about that...here's my POD anyway:

Take Toronto Blue Jays (Romero) over the Boston Red Sox at odds of 2.30

Good luck!

Overall MLB Record: 3-1