HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Thinking about taking the Cubs(Talk me off the ledge)

Now the Padres line makes since. Padres look like the pick, and going for the sweep shouldnt be a problem for them.

I always say" The no name pitchers always fuk U". This Coleman guy has some pretty shitty stats, but I thinking of backing him.

Clayton Richard has been struggling on the road during the month of August. 7Walks, 11ER's in 14IPs for 3 games. He has won two, but against LA he gave up 4ER while receiving 10 runs of support.

Talk me off the ledge

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Well with a bad team like the Cubs I'd throw away all stats at this point and never back them in a big way. But nothing wrong with a smallish play here. The Cubs have every chance of winning this game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Richard's not that good.

It buried me tonight, Houli, but I'm thinking the over might be the best play here.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

"sir please don't jump, you have so much to live for"

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

hell no, Padres till the wheels fall off.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

like the over, fwiw.

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185
    jcubs55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

I just posted this in my thread:

8/18:

San Diego Padres -138 risking 4.14 Units to win 3.0 Units (Biggest play so far)

This is not a chase/tilt bet, I don't do that. Yes, if it wins it will barely get me out of the red. But that is simply a coincidence. I am a lifelong diehard Cubs fan and I know my team and it's prospects. Even though I don't have much respect for the Padres offense, they have improved greatly with the acquisitions of Tejada and Ludwick, and I fully expect them to take care of Casey Coleman tomorrow. Coleman is a 15th round pick from 2008 that has been pitching out of the pen for the past week or so and now will be making his first start. I think Richard is pitching above his head so far this year but he has good enough stuff to deal against the Cubs' offense, despite the fact that they hit better against lefties. Padres will take this one.
    Last edited by jcubs55; 08-18-10 at 12:44 AM.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Cubbies will let you down more often than come through for you. But if you want to count on the Cubbies to make you money, go ahead. OH, how many chances did they have to score one single run tonight and screwed it up. I'm sure if Richards gives up 5 runs to the Cubs, Coleman will give up 6 runs. Look at game one of this series. Cubs pitching gave up seven; then Cubs finally scored a bunch (5 runs) and still lost. Today they trailed by 1-0 after the first inning and could not score 1 run. Cubs will screw you more often than not.

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

FADE CUBS will be the name of my next two children.... FADDEEEEEE, where's CUBS? LOL

nah man, my opinion, CUBS are no good, sucky pitcher, unless u gonna go small just for shitz and giggles, i would never think that is very smart...but BOL to ya if you do...im on the other side of the ball...i know PADs are not impressive to anyone, because somehow they are not the sluggers of the west or anything, but as another poster said a couple weeks ago, and this stuck in my head and has made me great money,

"San Diego has one the hardest working teams in MLB this year"

i believe this is true for them, and the whitesox...so please, dont jump, if the ledge is too high up...

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

this is what i have in mind when i see this series, padres will be bad matchup for cubs. regardless of who start pitching for padres, their defence will be able to hold cubs runner while cubs will continue suck when there's runners on second n third and their bad defense or errors will cost them more often than not regardless of who their starting pitcher is. Well, so far, it's still true.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    "sir please don't jump, you have so much to live for"

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

won with SD last night but 90% of the time, im always on the wrong side of a Cubs game. They are tough to cap.