No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Another gem of a total

SD/CHC. Nothing about this game said under. Nothing. Pitchers, line movement, bullpens, etc. Yet here we are -- 1-0 in the 5th.

Flip of the coin. Nothing more.

limitation
    limitation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Last time I checked Padres leads all major league teams in ERA. #1 in ERA with 3.23 with the best bullpen in all of baseball. Padres offense is triple A (minus A Gon). Cubs offense is anything to write home about.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by limitation View Post
    Last time I checked Padres leads all major league teams in ERA. #1 in ERA with 3.23 with the best bullpen in all of baseball. Padres offense is triple A (minus A Gon). Cubs offense is anything to write home about.
    Both bullpens are worn out right now. Garland is weak on the road and Wells has been getting ripped to shreds lately. SD overs hit like crazy on the road, too.

fox sixers
    fox sixers's Avatar Become A Pro!

padres 4-13 under on tuesdays... cubs 4-12 for under when total is 8/8.5.. it is 9... some pretty convincing stats to possibly stay away from the total.... hey. live and learn..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by fox sixers View Post
    padres 4-13 under on tuesdays... cubs 4-12 for under when total is 8/8.5.. it is 9... some pretty convincing stats to possibly stay away from the total.... hey. live and learn..
    I don't understand how that is even remotely significant.

What are they when the sky is cloudy on Tuesdays with odd numbered dates?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Should I have taken 14 double plays into consideration when I was capping this stupid game?

fox sixers
    fox sixers's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually believe what day of the week does come into account.. not a big stat.. but when you see 4-13.. it has a chance to mean something.. its not like 2-4.... and the reason I think is not because of what actually day it is... but what game of the series it is.. and how a team does in game 1 of a series compared to 2, 3, or 4... not saying to not place a bet based on that stat.. but it is another stat to at least look over.. and combinining the other cubs stat.. maybe a bettor would think twice about going with the over..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by fox sixers View Post
    I actually believe what day of the week does come into account.. not a big stat.. but when you see 4-13.. it has a chance to mean something.. its not like 2-4.... and the reason I think is not because of what actually day it is... but what game of the series it is.. and how a team does in game 1 of a series compared to 2, 3, or 4... not saying to not place a bet based on that stat.. but it is another stat to at least look over.. and combinining the other cubs stat.. maybe a bettor would think twice about going with the over..
    Given the fact that many series start on Monday and the others on Tuesday, I still don't see how it's significant.

Anyway, congrats to under backers here. You hit the bullseye with your dart.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

how about the fact that on average, padres are never great scoring team and cubs always suck at RISP (add it with padres are really good at holding runners)?

I know both teams lately excel at this two parts, but they will most likely get back to their normal condition.

I think maybe that's the reason I stay away from this game totals (Yea, I'm actually not o/u bettor, more like over bettor)

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by nulldah View Post
    how about the fact that on average, padres are never great scoring team and cubs always suck at RISP (add it with padres are really good at holding runners)?

I know both teams lately excel at this two parts, but they will most likely get back to their normal condition.

I think maybe that's the reason I stay away from this game totals (Yea, I'm actually not o/u bettor, more like over bettor)
    I'd like to see SD's O/U hits the past two seasons on the road.

Anyone have that info?

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185
    jcubs55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I don't understand how that is even remotely significant.

What are they when the sky is cloudy on Tuesdays with odd numbered dates?

This. I hate how people use random irrelevant trends to rationalize betting certain plays... that's one of the quickest ways to donate to the books.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

I'd like to see SD's O/U hits the past two seasons on the road.

Anyone have that info?

Don't have it. But will it be relevant to see past season? I mean, I only saw the standings on wiki page and padres looks awful last season.

Anyway, I just dont think it's great to play Padres totals. When I played their totals or overs to be exact, it's usually when they're having low scoring games for few games and their opponents like to make mistake. How can I expect high scoring when they're great at defence, dont want to score run and opponent teams also bad at scoring run? I like take their ML or even RL though. Eg, I avoid when they're playing Dodgers n Giants, but I really like when they face Pirates. Cubs? Yes, they liked to make mistake, but they haven't met this season, so...

And agreed that I dont see how that kind of days trends can affect the plays..