Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

Padres vs. Cubs - Big Total Play!

First the recap, lost yesterday with the Over in the Astros game as no one was able to produce any runs
    You guys know I do not like to lose and when I do I usually bounce back. Tonight, I'm going to bounce back in a big way. Breaking this Padres/Cubs game and boy do I see some things that I like. We have Jon Garland going for the Padres and Randy Wells going for the Cubs. Let's talk about Garland first. He is 11-8 on the year with a 3.41 ERA. In his last 3 starts he is 2-1 with a 2.37 ERA and a 1.16 WHIP. Pretty good numbers as of late, however there is some concern. First off his last few starts have been cupcakes because he has started against the Pirates, Diamondbacks, Marlins, and Dodgers with all but 1 of them coming at home. I actually looked at all of Garland's opponents this year and they are all soft ('Stros, Nationals, O's to name a few). When he takes his talents on the road he becomes a different pitcher. He is 4-6 on the year with a 4.52 ERA and a 1.36 WHIP. In 65.2 innings pitched he has given up 66 hits, 37 runs, 23 walks, and 9 home runs. His opponents on base percentage is also .337 in road starts. I like Garland he has been around a long time, but he has got some real easy match ups this year and I think his numbers are a little deceiving. Let's talk about Wells now.

Randy Wells is 5-10 on the year with a 4.60 ERA and a 1.43 WHIP. In his last 3 starts he is 0-2 with a gigantic 8.44 ERA. In only 16 innings pitched he has given up 23 hits, 17 runs, 5 walks, and 5 home runs. Yikes. His opponents on base percentage in those starts is .387 with a WHIP of 1.87. In other words, he has been batting practice for most teams as of late. I looked at both of Randy's night and home starts and everything is pretty much the same. He is 3-5 in home starts and an even worse 1-5 in night starts. His ERA is hovering over 4 in both situations and he has given up more hits than innings pitched. Padres just put up 9 against Gorzelany who I thought is in better form than Randy, so I'm having a very hard time believing the Pads will not put up a few here tonight.

The umpire in tonight's game is Ed Hickox. Ed has started 25 games this year and the home team is 12-13 in those starts and the over has cashed 14 times when he's behind the plate. Ed is no stranger to either teams as he has umped 2 games for each team. Guess what the results were in those 4 games? OVER, OVER, OVER, AND OVER. Mr. Hickox's games average 10.24 runs per game when he calls the balls and strikes, not to mention 2.12 home runs are hit when he's the ump. Here's some other angles and stats for Ed as well as situations and angles that I found in today's match up. Over is 4-0 in Hickoxs last 4 Tuesday games behind home plate. Over is 7-2 in Hickoxs last 9 games behind home plate vs. San Diego. Over is 8-3 in Hickoxs last 11 games behind home plate vs. Chicago. Now here's the match up stats that I found to support my play today. Over is 8-2 in Padres last 10 road games vs. a right-handed starter. Over is 7-2 in Padres last 9 during game 2 of a series. Over is 5-1 in Garlands last 6 starts after allowing 5 runs or more in their previous game. Look to the Cubs side and it gets even better. Over is 4-0 in Cubs last 4 vs. National League West. Over is 5-1-2 in Cubs last 8 after scoring 5 runs or more in their previous game. Over is 3-1-1 in Cubs last 5 Tuesday games. Over is 3-1-1 in Cubs last 5 when their opponent scores 5 runs or more in their previous game. Over is 15-6-1 in Cubs last 22 games following a loss. And last but not least. Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings between these two ball clubs. It is not too hot right now in Chicago and the wind is blowing SE at 7mph. That means the wind is blowing out to left and left to right. Like I said, I think Garland's numbers are false and Wells has been terrible as of late. Both teams proved last night that they are going to bring the bats out for this series and that will continue tonight. Don't ask me why, but I think the Cubs win tonight as well, just what my gut is telling me. I don't do this often, but I'm doubling my normal wager of 2 to 4 on this one. Fade or play I wish all my friends here the best of luck. Let's get this one!

SD Padres/Chicago Cubs Over 9 (-105)
    Risking 420 to Win 400

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Goodluck Son.....I will spectate and root for ya.

Saluki09
    Saluki09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

I got the Padres, hopefully they can put up some runs for the both of us

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Goodluck Son.....I will spectate and root for ya.
    Thanks buddy, appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluki09 View Post
    I got the Padres, hopefully they can put up some runs for the both of us
    That works for me!

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

good luck looks like you'll be bouncing back tonight. not only does it looks like both picthers will be giving up runs but I think one or maybe both of the bullpens will be giving up runs

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    good luck looks like you'll be bouncing back tonight. not only does it looks like both picthers will be giving up runs but I think one or maybe both of the bullpens will be giving up runs
    Thanks. Possibly, Cubs bullpen is brutal and I think we all know that. In the last 3 games the Cubs bullpen has an ERA of 6.55. Just brutal!

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

brutal is right and thats one of the reasons I am on the padres tonight.

landers781
    landers781's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

just letting you know d lee is out tonight

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

gl tonight og!

juice on the over has moved pretty much 5 cents at every book in the last 5 minutes. Hope this is a good sign guys!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Windy City View Post
    gl tonight og!

juice on the over has moved pretty much 5 cents at every book in the last 5 minutes. Hope this is a good sign guys!
    This is after starting at 8.5, too.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by landers781 View Post
    just letting you know d lee is out tonight
    Even better!

D Lee is a double play machine and a bum. I know he has been hot lately, but I don't trust the guy. Let the kid earn his spot at first base, move over Derek!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

This is after starting at 8.5, too.
    You know it.

fox sixers
    fox sixers's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL to us Windy... did see some stats that are concerning but your always going to find those..

padres 4-13 under on tuesdays... cubs 4-12 for under when total is 8/8.5.. it is 9... soo.. i don't know..

went with you.. I trust you judgment and I do like the line movement.. and those stats you did find..

landers781
    landers781's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

they are starting nady at first

hope you nail it

THECRIPPLER
    THECRIPPLER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I bet Pads in this game cause Soto and D.Lee are out but I like SD to score at least 5 tonite!!! Good Luck!!!

f\*\*k it Im digging the line movement...Im in!!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fox sixers View Post
    GL to us Windy... did see some stats that are concerning but your always going to find those..

padres 4-13 under on tuesdays... cubs 4-12 for under when total is 8/8.5.. it is 9... soo.. i don't know..

went with you.. I trust you judgment and I do like the line movement.. and those stats you did find..
    Thanks buddy, let's get it!

Quote Originally Posted by landers781 View Post
    they are starting nady at first

hope you nail it
    Ahh ok, still want them to bring Hoffpaiur up, kid deserves it!

Quote Originally Posted by THECRIPPLER View Post
    I bet Pads in this game cause Soto and D.Lee are out but I like SD to score at least 5 tonite!!! Good Luck!!!

f\*\*k it Im digging the line movement...Im in!!
    Hahaha, nice let's get it Crippler!

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Good luck with your play, WC. Garland isn't as good as his numbers and the Cubs should get at him for at least a few. I've got over 9 in a parlay so I'll be there with ya.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Good luck with your play, WC. Garland isn't as good as his numbers and the Cubs should get at him for at least a few. I've got over 9 in a parlay so I'll be there with ya.
    Thanks man, good luck to us!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

lmao. Bases loaded and the pitching coach strolls to the mound. C'mon give me a hit here boys don't fail me.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Sure you wanted more. On a positive note, you're on pace for 18 runs!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Sure you wanted more. On a positive note, you're on pace for 18 runs!

RED
    RED's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Luck on the the play, I am on it as well. So lets cash it

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    Good Luck on the the play, I am on it as well. So lets cash it
    Thanks RED. Padres hit 2 balls to the friggin warning track that I though were for sure home runs. Cubs have two men on with nobody out. This better not be one of those games where there are 20 hits and 3 runs. I will flip

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

lmao. 2 men on nobody out and DeWitt swings at the very first pitch and hits into a double play. I'm telling ya I'm gonna lose it!

RED

Still a lot of ball left and the bats are hot, so I wouldnt start freaking out yet.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    Still a lot of ball left and the bats are hot, so I wouldnt start freaking out yet.
    13 men left on base and it's TOP OF THE 3RD INNING.

Not a good sign my man. Should have gotten my over already lol.

RED

My only thing is, I hope it does not start with the rain. Other then that SD will have one of those 5-6 run innings around the 5th or the sixth. and the cubbies wont stay that silent 3-4 runs at least for the game.

RED

Way to many Double Plays

BookieOweMe
    BookieOweMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4371

good luck

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Totals.