dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38349

Is Cliff Lee the best pitcher in baseball?

NL you have guys like Halladay, Wainwright, Lincecum, Tim Hudson who i consider elite pitchers. In the AL, you have CC, Cliff Lee and Felix. I did not include Josh Johnson and Ubaldo because i think these guys are having great years but I do not think they can keep these numbers unlike Halladay and Hudson and company.

Does anyone consider Cliff Lee to be the best pitcher in baseball? I mean after his showing in the world series, i really don't see any pitcher better than this guy. Then he got traded to the lowly mariners and Phillies got Roy Halladay. I never understood why they traded Lee For Roy? I think Cliff is better than Roy and that trade didn't make any sense. Now he's in the Rangers with the best offense in baseball and this team is going to be a big threat.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Wainwright.

Romero.

MrTwiz
    MrTwiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Josh johnson is underrated, for sure.

But if my life depended on 1 game and 1 man was to pitch it, id take halladay

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lee

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Lots of good ones named already. I really like John Lester. He's filthy when he's on. Bucholz, Romero and the Gio kid from Oakland are all overlooked.

Matweizman
    Matweizman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Halladay is the best

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

king felix. too bad his team sucks and gives him 0 run support.

SR
    SR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

How does CC get no love, he has under 3 ER's in 14 straight games.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

Josh Jhhonson, clif Lee and a few more

WIZARDOFBEANTOWN
    WIZARDOFBEANTOWN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Well lee is on that list , considering the amount of trades and teams he has pitched for he brings it no matter what .tim hudson ,wainright ,romero is getting their and price 2 will be ROY ,FELIX,CARPTNER HAS DONE IT FOR YEARS AND HUDSON IS NOT SHOWED THE RESPECT COMING BACK FROM TOMMY-JOHN OPERATION HE IS A 1 OR 2 RUN MACHINE MOST EVERY TIME OUT!!
    Last edited by WIZARDOFBEANTOWN; 08-16-10 at 07:34 AM.

jcljack25
    jcljack25's Avatar Become A Pro!

1 game, life depends on it, give me Halladay.

Betting Guru
    Bookie Busting!
    Betting Guru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I would say that he is in the top 5. It's tough to say he is the BEST pitcher in MLB. No doubt that he is probably one of the Best pitchers that eats up innings. This guy isn't afraid to go 9 innings!

harry
    harry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

He is definately up there... a few other have to be mentioned tho... Halliday, Wainwright, Johnson, Sabathia, Jimenez and lets hope the Cy Young NL goes to Matt Latos as he is without a doubt a contender

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    NL you have guys like Halladay, Wainwright, Lincecum, Tim Hudson who i consider elite pitchers. In the AL, you have CC, Cliff Lee and Felix. I did not include Josh Johnson and Ubaldo because i think these guys are having great years but I do not think they can keep these numbers unlike Halladay and Hudson and company.

Does anyone consider Cliff Lee to be the best pitcher in baseball? I mean after his showing in the world series, i really don't see any pitcher better than this guy. Then he got traded to the lowly mariners and Phillies got Roy Halladay. I never understood why they traded Lee For Roy? I think Cliff is better than Roy and that trade didn't make any sense. Now he's in the Rangers with the best offense in baseball and this team is going to be a big threat.
    jimenez is pretty damn good to

mtltitans2
    mtltitans2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Halladay or Wainwright get my vote

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post
    He is definately up there... a few other have to be mentioned tho... Halliday, Wainwright, Johnson, Sabathia, Jimenez and lets hope the Cy Young NL goes to Matt Latos as he is without a doubt a contender
    I'd even say he's the most consistent of them all these days.

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is among the best!

fjordo
    fjordo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    I never understood why they traded Lee For Roy? I think Cliff is better than Roy and that trade didn't make any sense.
    I think Roy is just as good as Cliff, but having either on your team makes you a lot stronger. Personally I would rather have Roy on my team.

Cliff Lee is making $9 million in the last year of his contract, so is a free agent after this year and will be getting a huge raise. Roy is making close to twice that, on average, until the end of 2013 with an option for 14. Although they gave up a couple prospects, the Phils also received cash and prospects. In my opinion this trade made perfect sense.

golfrulz
    golfrulz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

Wainwright. imo

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1026

cliff lee gets my vote.

Gtawatson
    Gtawatson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cliff lee is hands down the best. No other pitcher has been able to baffle a smart team like the yankees. Hey, they even have figured out roy halladay he hasn't done so hot vs the yanks the last couple years. Lee is a beast, which is why he will be a yankee next year. He and cc are good friends and before that almost trade apparently cc was talking to him about how nice it is playing in new york

jacky
    jacky's Avatar Become A Pro!

I vote Lee as well.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

ill take doc halladay for the complete game, 60% of the time, all the time

desiremotivation
    desiremotivation's Avatar Become A Pro!

Give me Texas(Lee) everytime if my money depends on it.

A's Fan
    A's Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Id take hudson, I think he has the highest chance of a start that will be 2 runs or less. He might not get as many shutouts as others but he has way more 1 and 2 run games, and the least amount of blowups. he has allowed more than 4 runs only once in his 24 starts. He has the highest groundball to flyball ratio, as well as opponents have the worst slugging percentage against him in league.
    Last edited by A's Fan; 08-16-10 at 12:35 PM.

GroundnPound
    Winning
    GroundnPound's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

I am going to keep track of yours posts dynamite because Lee got bashed about after you made a thread about him.

limitation
    limitation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Cliff "over rated" Lee. ESPN over hype him. He is the most overrated pitcher in baseball right now. I will take Ubaldo, Waino, Johnson over Lee.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

cole hammels rocks

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38349

Cliff Lee is no where overrated. He handled the Yankees in both games in the WS. Ubaldo, Wainright and Johnson over Lee? NL Pitchers are good only because of their league. Put them in the AL and watch them be average. I think the best pitchers in baseball are Lee, CC and Roy Halladay. The most overrated pitcher was Jake Peavy. He was in the Padres and won the Cy young but he was nothing without friendly petco field. Look what he has done in the White Sox. Sport some Mid 5 ERA. If you put Ubalod, Wainwright or Johnson into an AL team like the White Sox, watch their ERA go to a 4.

Cliff Lee, Halladay and CC all proves why they are the best pitchers in the game today. When CC went to the Brewers for 10 games... i think he went something like 9-1 and shuting every pathetic NL team out. And look what CC is doing in the AL. But i say Lee is bit better than CC in the fact that he can go much more deep in the game.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Wainwright for the NL and CC for the AL.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fjordo View Post
    I think Roy is just as good as Cliff, but having either on your team makes you a lot stronger. Personally I would rather have Roy on my team. Cliff Lee is making $9 million in the last year of his contract, so is a free agent after this year and will be getting a huge raise. Roy is making close to twice that, on average, until the end of 2013 with an option for 14. Although they gave up a couple prospects, the Phils also received cash and prospects. In my opinion this trade made perfect sense.
    the trade made no sense, trading lee for halladay is only a minor upgrade if any dependng on ur opinion of the pitcher. they resigned blanton when that money would have been used for lee. the prospects they got for him arent even as good as the prospects that texas gave up. i have no idea why the phillies didnt take offers from other teams when lee was so specatular in the playoffs. the only reason lee was traded from the phillies is $$$$$$$$. u dont think a team like the yankees or redsox would love a starting rotation of halladay, lee and hamels along with that offense???